• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell

11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, I didn't think so either. 

I think if the team slips further in the standings and Kole Calhoun has solid numbers by July 31, in addition to Adell continuing to mash, you gotta look at giving him a couple months in the big leagues like what the Angels did with Trout, Glaus and other former top prospects to give them some major league experience heading into the next season -- which could be a dynamic team and overall roster.

And that’s the main reason I like for him to be a September call up. I think it could be vital for him to get a little taste in the big leagues like Trout did. I’m sure he could handle it, but personally I wouldn’t throw a whole season at him in 2020 as his first gig. Give him a month in September so we can wet his feet and get the feel for it and use the offseason for him to mentally be ready. So come 2020 he’s ROY ready and doesn’t feel as much pressure.

13 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

If you trade Calhoun then I wouldn’t have a hard time believing that Adell would take his spot on the field. 

Nah, the Angels could run Jarrett Parker out there in RF until they promote Adell in Sept.

Parker has 17 HR and a solid AAA OPS and is more than ae to contribute close to Calhoun's level should we be able to get a decent prospect for Calhoun.

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Nah, the Angels could run Jarrett Parker out there in RF until they promote Adell in Sept.

Parker has 17 HR and a solid AAA OPS and is more than ae to contribute close to Calhoun's level should we be able to get a decent prospect for Calhoun.

I agree - Adell might be close to ready, and deserving of playing time, but there are other things to consider. 

If the Angels deal Calhoun and are still in contention (unlikely scenario, they'd have to get a hell of an offer for Kole) then I could see them promoting Adell. More likely, the Angels keep Kole because they're close to contention, or fall out of the race and trade Kole - and if they're out of the race, there isn't a compelling reason to promote Adell, aside from it being fun. Adell isn't on the 40-man, which is pretty full, and we'll have at least 4-6 guys to protect this winter (Thaiss, Rojas, Sandoval, Jones are almost all locks) so adding Adell makes a tricky roster crunch even trickier. 

If the Angels are out of it and Kole is dealt, I'd be fine letting the Angels put Hermosillo, Goodwin, and Parker in competition for the 2020 4th OF job - this might be Hermosillo's only shot at sticking with the club, it's a chance for Goodwin to prove he's grown into at least a solid, average MLB OFer, and a chance for Parker to do the same. We'll need one of those guys to slot in behind Upton, Trout, and Adell possibly as soon as Opening Day 2020 - let's see who's best suited for the role now, in a year that would be 'lost', rather than on the fly next spring.

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I don't think Hermisillo is ever making the Angels roster. His injuries made him fall back in prospect value and he just doesn't have the talent to push others aside to make room for him. He is a trade package player at this point.

He’s a good 4th of candidate and could be a late bloomer. He’s got a high ceiling that likely won’t be realized but he’s got control, upside and options that make him valuable. 

30 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I don't think Hermisillo is ever making the Angels roster. His injuries made him fall back in prospect value and he just doesn't have the talent to push others aside to make room for him. He is a trade package player at this point.

He almost certainly would have been the 4th OF all season had he been healthy. He’s been on fire of late in SLC too, and since he has options, he’s no worse than 5th of the 2020 OF depth chart as of now. 

Ultimately I do think he is trade bait - what better time than now to rebuild some value? I would think it’d be better for the Angels long-term to platoon Hermosillo and Goodwin after Kole is dealt, let one claim the job, the other wind up trade bait. Finding our 2020 4th OF in advance and maybe pulling back a useful piece in a trade is more valuable than 150 Adell ABs on a non-contending team. And again, saves a 40-man spot.

Edited by totdprods

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

He’s a good 4th of candidate and could be a late bloomer. He’s got a high ceiling that likely won’t be realized but he’s got control, upside and options that make him valuable. 

The Angels have plenty of 4th outfielders. He is 24, which means he is running out of time to establish a career and he has a line of players already taking that 4th outfielder spot. Wait another season and his prospect value plummets even more. 

17 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

You guys know a lot better than me. But how close is marsh? Id think going forward, marsh would be ahead of hermosillo? 

So koles replacement, in order, id think would be adell, goodwin, then marsh. With hermosillo the AAAA guy. 

But again, i have no idea how close marsh is to being ready.

If Marsh hadn’t gotten hurt, he might’ve passed Hermosillo by now on the depth chart.

That said, Hermosillo is starting to hit well, Marsh doesn’t need to be added to the 40 until after the 2020 season (and Adell will likely hit the bigs before then, potentially bumping Marsh’s name down a slot on the chart), and Hermosillo will be in his last option year in 2020, meaning its his best shot to stick or be lost to waivers following the year. 

Hermosillo should get a shot later this year. We just saw what can happen if you rely on good depth without options by losing Puello. It’d be best for the Angels to test Herm this year and see if he’s better suited for 5th OF/AAA guy with options, so we don’t have to bring up the 2020 version of Puello, or if he’s good enough to hold down the 4th OF spot and let Marsh grow into the next guy on the depth chart.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:35 PM, Troll Daddy said:

If you trade Calhoun then I wouldn’t have a hard time believing that Adell would take his spot on the field. 

i would, considering hes still got three guys at least ahead of him on the depthc chart.  Trading Calhoun doesnt trigger an Adell call up when you still have PArker and Goodwin at least.  
Why are people insisting on rushing this?  I dont want to call him up when he might be ready, i want him down there murdering people so he comes up 100% ready, cocky as F*ck, and blasting ML pitching instead of getting blasted for a while .   There is literally no reason to rush this, none.