• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels farm ranked at 21

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Whomever wrote this is a dickbutt.

Whoever. "Whomever" is only used when the action is being done to someone, not by someone.

Trout is the player on whom tdawg fixates his sexual energies.

Trout is the player who causes tdawg to return to his bunk multiple times per day.

Edited by Taylor

Just now, Taylor said:

Whoever. "Whomever" is only used when the action is being done to someone, not by someone.

Trout is the player on whom tdawg fixates his sexual energies.

Trout is the player who causes tdawg to return to his bunk multiple times per day.

F*ck you

22 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

There’s a difference between bad rankings from someone legitimate and an essentially random blogger who knows jack. 

BR’s rankings are always bullshit.  That they can blast the Mariners from 29th to 5th overall in less then a year based largely on a high A outfielder is enough evidence of that. 

This is a reminder of when the Angels had a supposedly excellent farm system with Brandon Wood at. al. and we all know how that turned out.  I do not understand why he used three players who are currently on the major league roster to evaluate the farm system.  It seems to me that when a player plays at the major league level, they are no longer a prospect.  I also think that the Angels made the right move in drafting a player who plays a premium position for their number 1.   If the Angels keep pumping out Fletcher/Rengifo/Canning/Suarez type players for the next 5 years, their farm system is working just fine.

18 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't understand how BR is still around. There is no way the farm is that bad. I might as well have written the article.  Like others have stated, all other outlets have us in the 10-15ish range. I'll take the majority over a bad websites opinion.

I agree.

they had us at 22 in Jan. 

we were 19 pre 2018 and 14 immediately post 2018.  

now we're 21.  

bleacher report, in my opinion, doesn't do a deep dive into each system.  I think their rankings are heavily weighted to the top of a system.  

Our best prospect has been hurt, our second best just got hurt, and another guy in our top 5 has absolutely tanked. 

Their first statement that we are thin on quality minor league arms just shows you how much time they actually put into this ranking.  We do have some quality arms.  The thinnest part of our system now that Rengifo and Fletcher have graduated is at MIF.  

The M's ranking is a good example of how BR isn't focusing on depth at all.  They've actually got a very good top 8.  Then after 10 or so it's pretty much a wasteland.  

The Angels have a few level gaps that are very noticeable though.  AA/AAA pitching.  some good arms but nothing high end with Canning and Suarez up.  

Overall, I fee like their top 100 talent is probably stronger even though Adell is the best of the bunch when taking both systems into account.  although kelenic is a fast mover and will crack the top 25 this year.  Our top guys are also closer to the majors which means a lot.  We have more depth in our system.  

Ultimately it's all about what you value.  Higher end talent or depth or both.   

Personally feel like the halos system is better, because our depth is much better and that guys like Fletcher and Rengifo and Walsh and Barria etc. who aren't top 100 guys yet can end up solid major leaguers is a big deal.  

19 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am happy with the progress.

But I will be satisfied when the farm is in a condition where the Angels can package three players for an impact MLB and not feel like they wrecked the farm doing it.

that really only applies to about 2 or 3 systems though.  Losing 2 top 5 and another top 15 to get an impact player is likely going to be painful for any org to stomach.  I wouldn't wait that long if the player in return has multiple years of control.  Where teams get in the most trouble are the one year rentals.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

they had us at 22 in Jan. 

we were 19 pre 2018 and 14 immediately post 2018.  

now we're 21.  

bleacher report, in my opinion, doesn't do a deep dive into each system.  I think their rankings are heavily weighted to the top of a system.  

Our best prospect has been hurt, our second best just got hurt, and another guy in our top 5 has absolutely tanked. 

Their first statement that we are thin on quality minor league arms just shows you how much time they actually put into this ranking.  We do have some quality arms.  The thinnest part of our system now that Rengifo and Fletcher have graduated is at MIF.  

The M's ranking is a good example of how BR isn't focusing on depth at all.  They've actually got a very good top 8.  Then after 10 or so it's pretty much a wasteland.  

The Angels have a few level gaps that are very noticeable though.  AA/AAA pitching.  some good arms but nothing high end with Canning and Suarez up.  

Overall, I fee like their top 100 talent is probably stronger even though Adell is the best of the bunch when taking both systems into account.  although kelenic is a fast mover and will crack the top 25 this year.  Our top guys are also closer to the majors which means a lot.  We have more depth in our system.  

Ultimately it's all about what you value.  Higher end talent or depth or both.   

Personally feel like the halos system is better, because our depth is much better and that guys like Fletcher and Rengifo and Walsh and Barria etc. who aren't top 100 guys yet can end up solid major leaguers is a big deal.  

This is exactly correct in my view as well.  They focus on the top 100 guys more than anything else and use arbitrary tier values for the rest to fill in the blanks.