• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If both games in Mexico are rained out...

Glen

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Isn't Monterey a dump and have shitty air quality? Not to mention the facking cartel running around and chopping heads off.

On the plus side the beer is probably actually cheap at the stadium there.

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

On the plus side the beer is probably actually cheap at the stadium there.

Last night I got a beer for $1.95 US

And I don’t think the games will be rained out. The field has fancy new artificial turf so as soon as the rain stops they’ll be able to play pretty quickly. Also, the Angels are off Monday and the Astros have a very short flight home, so they can wait a while Sunday if necessary 

Just now, Taylor said:

How did the Angels and Astros get this arrangement? Did they draw the short straw?

The Angels, as I understand it, are getting compensated pretty well by MLB for giving up these two home games, probably to the point that that it’s more profitable than playing in Anaheim. 

The players also get a paid extra - don’t know how much but my understanding is it’s a significant amount - for playing these games. 

49 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The Angels, as I understand it, are getting compensated pretty well by MLB for giving up these two home games, probably to the point that that it’s more profitable than playing in Anaheim. 

The players also get a paid extra - don’t know how much but my understanding is it’s a significant amount - for playing these games. 

Are you compensated extra for going with them down to Monterey?

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Playing games in Mexico is dumb. 

I'd rather they go to Bahamas so I could schedule my vacation accordingly. 

Isn't Monterey a dump and have shitty air quality? Not to mention the facking cartel running around and chopping heads off.

<In before this is deemed a racist post>

Yeah I've been trying to plan a trip to Yemen around an Angels game for years now

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Playing games in Mexico is dumb. 

I'd rather they go to Bahamas so I could schedule my vacation accordingly. 

<In before this is deemed a racist post>

I thought the air quality was TERRIBLE there, but the internets shows it not much worse than Anaheim today....thats hard to believe, it was BAD a couple months ago.

Anyone who has traveled around Mexico knows the cartel violence thing is true, but it doesnt much affect most people outside the drug business, and hardly affects tourists.  Any collateral damage from that seems akin to mass shootings in the US, which many other countries now feel is a reason to avoid going to the US. 

Its like saying that someone in Chicago North Side / Lincoln memorial visitors will get blasted because of the south side Chicago / DC slums gang violence.

image.png

image.png