• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Words that Gubicza cannot pronounce

I just can't understand why there isn't a more rigorous review of the job performance of on air personalities.

It is just not possible that someone can listen critically to Gubicza or Smith, and say, "Yes!  Yes!  This is exactly the sound I want to reflect this franchise!"

It just blows my mind!

People may like Dick Vitale. Or Bill Walton.  Or Rex Hudler.  Or, hate them.  But they are at least putting out an effort, and their performance is unique, whether you like or dislike them.

There is nobody who hasn't had a lobotomy who can listen to Gubicza or Smith and say, "I like these guys."  It's impossible.  Fact.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I just can't understand why there isn't a more rigorous review of the job performance of on air personalities.

It is just not possible that someone can listen critically to Gubicza or Smith, and say, "Yes!  Yes!  This is exactly the sound I want to reflect this franchise!"

It just blows my mind!

People may like Dick Vitale. Or Bill Walton.  Or Rex Hudler.  Or, hate them.  But they are at least putting out an effort, and their performance is unique, whether you like or dislike them.

There is nobody who hasn't had a lobotomy who can listen to Gubicza or Smith and say, "I like these guys."  It's impossible.  Fact.

Throw Mota in there as well. We for sure have the worst collection of broadcast talent imo.

Victor rules. Gubi is Gubi. I miss Gubi's days with Rory Markas (RIP). Back when the Angels were on channel 13 and the broadcasters would have to promote stupid network content, there was an exchange that went like this:

Rory (beginning to tell ad for some reality show): Where can you find LA's most fashionable group of hot young singles?
Gubi (without missing a beat): Rory's house?

I really like Gubicza.  He's actually a lot smarter than he sounds.  The way he picks apart a pitcher's motion and explains exactly what he's doing wrong, either mechanically or in pitch selection or location is top notch analysis.  He really would make a good pitching coach.  And as I understand, he has a heck of an eye for amateur talent on the mound.  And the self-defeating humor never gets old.  He was a pretty solid pitcher but you'd need know by the way he talks about his career.  He's really respected around the league. 

His humble demeanor is a perfect compliment to Victor Rojas.  Rojas is so well spoken and intelligent that he can come across as arrogant at times, even though that's not how he is at all.  But Victor certainly compliments the things that Gubicza leaves to be desired too. 

They're one of the best on air teams in baseball.  The only ones that I can think of that are probably better are Milwaukee and San Francisco's.  Personally, I can't stand the Red Sox and Yanks, but others respect them. 

I like victor a good deal - he can be really interesting. But my continuing issue with him is too much dead air plus too many times where he and Gubi seem to be having an inside conversation in front of all of us. I don’t feel like I get enough information from them.

I think Victor and Gubi make a great team. Gubi can be a little repetitive but he has a good personality. 

Terry Smith on the other hand is really starting to annoy me. It seems like he is constantly behind the play and he takes way too long to say what happened, even on balls and strikes. 

12 hours ago, Second Base said:

The way he picks apart a pitcher's motion and explains exactly what he's doing wrong, either mechanically or in pitch selection or location is top notch analysis.  He really would make a good pitching coach

I agree .

seriously