• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Words that Gubicza cannot pronounce

Guber is for the casual person tuning in, that's it.

From a business perspective he is probably a good choice to just be chatty with the masses of the casual audience.

From a baseball perspective, he sucks.  Nobody that has watched baseball more than a couple years is going to learn anything from Guber.  The odds are better that he annoys them.

I have cited this example before but here it is again:

On check swing replays the guy always "explains" to the viewer to watch if the bat crosses the plate or not.  So stupid.  That's not the rule.  The rule is it is purely umpire judgment.  Of course an individual umpire may personally decide his own test (like crossing the plate) but it can literally be an measurement the umpire decides.  Anything. 

The point is Gubi should know this.  It's his job.

I sent him a note once and his response clearly indicated he was not interested in getting it right.  That's where he lost my respect.

It is almost impossible to understand every little thing, but they need to be at least interested in getting it right.

I don't hate the guy or anything, I am glad he is making a living like anyone else.  I just think he is a bit useless to me.

One easy general question: Is he entertaining?  For me, it's a no.

Edited by Dtwncbad

cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball cut fastball

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I’m not you guys I don’t hate him.  

I don't hate him either.. I just want you to tackle him and when they show the action on the news, I can tell people... "you know that guy who tackled Gubi... well,...."

5 minutes ago, failos said:

I like him, but I also like to poke fun at his quirks. I find him endearing.

I love Victor though.

To be fair, I also think he is a little endearing.

I just would also hooe for interesting, educational and entertaining. . . And I am not getting any if that.

But I don't really care.  Happy he is happy making a living taking.

It isn't on my list of things that ever need to be fixed.

24 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

To be fair, I also think he is a little endearing.

I just would also hooe for interesting, educational and entertaining. . . And I am not getting any if that.

But I don't really care.  Happy he is happy making a living taking.

It isn't on my list of things that ever need to be fixed.

Same.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, Ray McKigney said:

I like Gubi. Says some funny things. He and Victor have a good rapport and seem to genuinely like each other. 

I'll 2nd that. They are genuine, and do work well together. So Mark may be a "little" goofy by some people's standards, but he's a former player who brings his own perspective to the broadcasts.

IMHO for those who are not fans of Victor and/or Mark, they have a job (career) that they enjoy and most of would give almost anything to have for one day, let alone an entire season/career.

Before the game yesterday I ran into Langston at the stadium and carried on a quick little conversation with him.  He was gracious with his time and was incredibly nice.  I shared with him another time we had met and during that exchange he did his Hudler impression.  He said he was just with Joe Maddon and was talking to him about Hud.  Good times!  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Before the game yesterday I ran into Langston at the stadium and carried on a quick little conversation with him.  He was gracious with his time and was incredibly nice.  I shared with him another time we had met and during that exchange he did his Hudler impression.  He said he was just with Joe Maddon and was talking to him about Hud.  Good times!  

On the way yesterday to an client appt. I listened to the radio broadcast for the 1st time this year, which was nice. Mark mentioned his "adventure" of finding his way down through the "nooks and crannies" of Wrigley field on his way to that  interview with Maddon, and how he walking into the Cubs hitters meeting, quickly walking his out of it.