• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels get good news on Andrew Heaney, who will resume throwing in 7-10 days

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I did read it !! But normal wear and tear doesn’t mean anything to me.  Is it inflammation ? Is there actual damage ? Should we expect this guy to be throwing with less velocity due to this normal wear and tear ? I’ve never heard an injury described that way.  It actually makes it sound like there’s no injury at all.

They’ve been calling it inflammation. He’s got inflamation but it’s not because anything is torn. I guess it depends what your definition of “injury” is. He’s got a shot for the pain and then he’s going to throw again. That’s what happened last year. This year it seemed to take them longer to decide to give him the shot, so maybe they spent too much time thinking it would just improve with time. 

35 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

They’ve been calling it inflammation. He’s got inflamation but it’s not because anything is torn. I guess it depends what your definition of “injury” is. He’s got a shot for the pain and then he’s going to throw again. That’s what happened last year. This year it seemed to take them longer to decide to give him the shot, so maybe they spent too much time thinking it would just improve with time. 

I guess in retrospect I should have said normal wear, since nothing is torn. “Wear and tear” just seems like a phrase that goes together. 

Anyway, if they said he can throw in 7-10 days, that’s really all you need to know to realize they haven’t found anything wrong.

It doesn’t mean he’ll be ok forever. If he throws in 7-10 days and it still hurts, they’ll have to do different tests, etc. 

But for now, it’s good news. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I guess in retrospect I should have said normal wear, since nothing is torn. “Wear and tear” just seems like a phrase that goes together. 

Anyway, if they said he can throw in 7-10 days, that’s really all you need to know to realize they haven’t found anything wrong.

It doesn’t mean he’ll be ok forever. If he throws in 7-10 days and it still hurts, they’ll have to do different tests, etc. 

But for now, it’s good news. 

We're just asking for any sort of solid pitching health.   The events with pitching health since 2014 leaves me feeling numb from it all.

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The reason this confuses me personally, is because when I see "normal wear and tear", that's what i'd expect when you look at Scherzer's elbow, or Verlander, or something. They're still throwing, and healthy, but there are miles on the arm so you'll probably see some stuff.

"Normal wear" even wouldn't work, because why is he having pain then? Why has he thrown so little? Why does he keep getting shut down? That's the polar opposite of normal. If it were normal wear, wouldn't he be feeling no pain?

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The reason this confuses me personally, is because when I see "normal wear and tear", that's what i'd expect when you look at Scherzer's elbow, or Verlander, or something. They're still throwing, and healthy, but there are miles on the arm so you'll probably see some stuff.

"Normal wear" even wouldn't work, because why is he having pain then? Why has he thrown so little? Why does he keep getting shut down? That's the polar opposite of normal. If it were normal wear, wouldn't he be feeling no pain?

I can't explain that, other than saying they found no structural damage.

I guess it's like if you overdo it at the gym. You can be "sore" without being "injured." You just need to take it easy for a while. The cortisone shot is to eliminate the pain.

Given the fact that Heaney has twice had this issue in spring training, I suspect there's something wrong with the way he's ramping up his throwing. Maybe he needs to start earlier and go more gradually or something.

• Angels southpaw Andrew Heaney resumed throwing today, but he’s still expected to be sidelined for a month or more, per MLB.com’s Rhett Bollinger. A recent CT scan revealed what the team announced as “chronic changes” to Heaney’s left elbow, but it doesn’t appear as though there’s any threat of surgery for the left-hander. Heaney tossed 180 solid innings for the Halos in 2018 but has yet to take the mound in 2019 after being limited to just 1 2/3 innings in Spring Training.