• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Upton out for 8-12 Weeks

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Hoping that Eppler suspects its not really going to be quite that long or he's saying that in the media for trade leverage. We've seen pretty good outfielders that have one "eh" quality have crap trade value the last two years, so I'd think a league average LF that could play RF when Upton gets back wouldn't cost any of our too prospects. When Upton comes back, you unload Kole a little earlier than expected for whatever you can get or carry extra insurance against injury till the trade deadline and worst case DFA Goodwin (whatever). 

FWIW, no GM ever says “we need to acquire x.” Not only does it hurt their leverage, it’s not a good message to send to the guys you have. What if you don’t get someone after you’ve announced that the guys you have aren’t good?

The most you’ll hear is “We’re going to monitor the market and if something makes sense, we’ll consider it, etc”

12 hours ago, HighDesertHalos said:

Are you f'ing kidding me? Ugh, this guy, easily 1 of my least favorite Angels ever! We will miss his 30 HRs, but we sure as Hell won't miss his awful glove. ??? (gotta love how they're giving up without really admitting it, Bourjos and Goodwin...really?)

11 hours ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

How is Bourjos our 4th OF? He was awful last year.  

Eppler totally knows what he's doing though

It's these small acquisitions that he has constantly fucked up since he's been here that have cost us games

@HighDesertHalos, meet @Quinlanforthewin.  Sounds like you have lots in common with each other and lots to talk about.  @WeatherWonk is currently on a sabbatical but when he returns, I am sure he will want to part of  your group.

9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Upton needs to be the 1B in 2020.

If the Angels management is really focused on this 2020 and beyond plan, doesn't it make sense to throw Upton at 1B?

Upton's defense in left is questionable.

The Angels have more OF depth in the minors than any other position and finding someone capable of playing LF is less difficult than solving other poaitions.

Further, if a bat at another position in the system breaks out (where there is no vacancy at the major league level), put them in left.  It is the easiest defensive position on the field.

Putting Upton at 1B does block Thaiss.  But is Thaiss special or is he just the "next in line" 1B guy in the system?

My best guess is Upton is a more productive major league 1B than Thaiss.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

If the Angels management is really focused on this 2020 and beyond plan, doesn't it make sense to throw Upton at 1B?

no, mainly because the front office office wants to win in 2019.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I want to win every year.

Upton can come back and play LF this year as best plan for 2019.

I think he belongs at 1B after that.

I said that because you stated that Angels management is focused on winning in 2020.

so, if Upton moves to 1B in 2020, who plays LF? (I'm assuming Adell is in RF in your scenario)

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

I said that because you stated that Angels management is focused on winning in 2020.

so, if Upton moves to 1B in 2020, who plays LF? (I'm assuming Adell is in RF in your scenario)

For clarity, the Angel management is trying to build a sustainable machine with the best results expected past 2019.

Good question on LF for 2020.  Yes that needs to be answered if Upton goes to 1B.

I can speculate on a number of possible answers but the core point I am making is solving LF in 2020 (to me anyway) seems much easier than solving 1B.

10 hours ago, KevinJ14 said:

Looks pretty bad

39 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

The toe/foot needs to be completely immobilized. Any movement can cause reinjury. That picture doesn’t show the severity 

What the picture does show is a Finding Nemo drink cup. Which is hilarious. 

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

For clarity, the Angel management is trying to build a sustainable machine with the best results expected past 2019.

Good question on LF for 2020.  Yes that needs to be answered if Upton goes to 1B.

I can speculate on a number of possible answers but the core point I am making is solving LF in 2020 (to me anyway) seems much easier than solving 1B.

1. all teams, in theory, try to build a sustainable machine 

2. I disagree that it's easier to find a productive LF than it is a 1B .

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

1. all teams, in theory, try to build a sustainable machine 

2. I disagree that it's easier to find a productive LF than it is a 1B .

In a way I agree with #2 because you can move another aging player to 1B like Upton.  He is under contract for many more years.  He sucks in the OF.  Angels have to play him somewhere.  Doesn't he belong at 1B soon?