• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Upton out for 8-12 Weeks

37 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Look I really don't want to argue.  I am sharing my opinion.  I have watched baseball for 45 years and coached 30 teams.  My eye tells me Upton ia not a very good outfielder.

My guess is he will get worse.

If you disagree, it is cool.

Who was available when Upton was signed?  How about after Upton was signed? How about, who should the Angels ave signed instead of Upton? Who would be playing field if Upton was not signed?

Upton is a decent defensive left fielder.  He is an excellent hitter.  I can live with it.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

24 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Who was available when Upton was signed?  How about after Upton was signed? How about, who should the Angels ave signed instead of Upton? Who would be playing field if Upton was not signed?

Upton is a decent defensive left fielder.  He is an excellent hitter.  I can live with it.

For the record, I like Upton.  None of what I am saying should be taken as a rip on Upton.

I just want the best team on the field as possible and it seems like Upton would be a good candidate to move to 1B.

It isn't hard for me to imagine think he ages better at 1B than in left.

And I probably have more confidence in somebody in the Angel organization being capable of taking over in LF compared to my confidence that Thaiss is a legit major league 1B.

I am not trying to talk anyone into my opinion.  I am also not saying committing to Upton was a mistake at all.  He is a legit bat!  I want him here.

Let me also say I would be stoked if Thaiss ended up a beast and made it ridiculous to even consider Upton at 1B.

Edited by Dtwncbad