• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Add Buster Olney to a long list of idiotic baseball writers

Chuck

The worst part about all this speculation, is that not one of them are even considering any Angels lineups with him.   I didnt see one of these people suggest the Halos do anything to put a pair like that together.  They've given up on us trying to do anything worse than i have.  

It is a fact universally regarded to be true among national journalists that all superstars belong on a few big name, big market teams. Nothing is more revolting than a superstar on a small market or less storied team. I’m the opposite. If the Yankees, Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, etc. all sucked for decades, I’d be all for it. 

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I couldn't help but think how annoying it had to be for Trout to spend the entire offseason answering those questions or how little privacy he would actually have if he moved back East and then everyone thought they were entitled to even more access to him.  

hopefully that'll be a factor that helps push him towards staying here with the halos.

11 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Has any angelswin poster posted about a soon-to-be free agent player on another team coming to the Angels?  While still under contract with another team?

I would hope people would expect a different standard, a different level of objectivity, a different level of sensible speculation, and a different level of unbias from a professional writer than from a random fan on a message board.

I am not bothered by Olneys tweet.  It is just very revealing.

I think it is lazy and sort of weird from someone in his position.

23 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Has any angelswin poster posted about a soon-to-be free agent player on another team coming to the Angels?  While still under contract with another team?

Are you excluding all of the posts identifying the free agents the Angels should sign in 2020?

cough....Arenado....cough

15 hours ago, floplag said:

The worst part about all this speculation, is that not one of them are even considering any Angels lineups with him.  

That's because it isn't as intriguing for readers to speculate about a superstar player staying put, just like everyone is all wound up about where Bryce Harper is going to sign. I would like to see him re-sign with Washington, just to poke a hole in all of the things that have been conjured up by sportswriters in this whole process.

34 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

That's because it isn't as intriguing for readers to speculate about a superstar player staying put, just like everyone is all wound up about where Bryce Harper is going to sign. I would like to see him re-sign with Washington, just to poke a hole in all of the things that have been conjured up by sportswriters in this whole process.

it would be to me :)