• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Add Buster Olney to a long list of idiotic baseball writers

Chuck

I was disappointed in the tweet as well. It didn't seem to support any facts and only served to be controversial.  I was a little bummed out that he'd take that stance.  I should have responded with:

1. Marsh

2. Trout

3. Adell

4. Ohtani

5. Upton

In all, it will totally be up to Trout.  I have no doubt that the Angels will open the checkbook for the greatest player of all time. 

37 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

I don't hate him for doing his job. The more clicks they get, the more money they make. That being said, I pray that Trout re-signs with the Angels. I'll be very sad if we lose him.

if he's hurting for clicks so bad that he's posting fictitious lineups for two years from now then he's not very good at his job.  Honestly don't care what he posts, but this one is pretty damn lame.  

literally every national MLB writer has done the same thing off season save for our own @Jeff Fletcher ... its an obvious elephant in the room, but seriously harping on it as many times as they have seems like its borderline collusion at this point.  Its clear none of them want to see him stay here. 
I could understand why they might feel that way, but i thought journalists were supposed to keep some measure of non biased observations in their reporting.  If not they might as well go back to being beat writers for the local fish wrap. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

#SMFH

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 9.48.13 AM.png

In the comments he (Olney), says he thinks Trout will actually stay, but your point and I think what gets to everyone is the constant need to drive this Trout to Philly narrative.   

I couldn't help but think how annoying it had to be for Trout to spend the entire offseason answering those questions or how little privacy he would actually have if he moved back East and then everyone thought they were entitled to even more access to him.  

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

In the comments he (Olney), says he thinks Trout will actually stay, but your point and I think what gets to everyone is the constant need to drive this Trout to Philly narrative.   

I couldn't help but think how annoying it had to be for Trout to spend the entire offseason answering those questions or how little privacy he would actually have if he moved back East and then everyone thought they were entitled to even more access to him.  

It would be nice if they would lead with that rather than leading with the "sick lineups"... dont you think? 

OTHER INTERESTING 2021 LINE UPS

MOOKIE BETTS

MIKE TROUT 

JD MARTINEZ

MIKE TROUT 

AARON JUDGE

GIANCARLOS STANTON

MIKE TROUT

COREY SEAGER 

AJ POLLACK

MIKE TROUT 

ANTHONY RIZZO

KRIS BRYANT

ALEX BREGMAN

MIKE TROUT 

CARLOS CORREA

JUST LIMITLESS INTERESTING POSSIBILITIES IF MIKE TROUT LEAVES THE ANGELS !!!!&&&’bnknbmnb&$&$&&$$(((/&@

@Chuckster70, I get that it is triggering to think of Trout playing elsewhere. If that comes to pass, that will truly, truly suck -- to the point that barring a playoff run, it would be very hard to follow the team for a few years. But Olney is just doing what he's supposed to do, and it isn't absurd (from a non-Angels fan sense) to speculate about Trout as a Philly.

p.s. Here's another reaction: "Homer" with a little Homer Simpsom pic ;).

2 minutes ago, nate said:

Man, if Adell is hitting in front of Trout next year, that is a great sign.  It is nice to have such a hyped prospect again.

We can only hope.  If we are playing well this year and Kole is playing well we won’t see Adell until next year.  If Kole plays well but the Angels don’t win some games then we might see Adell up this year. 

4 hours ago, halomatt said:

I was disappointed in the tweet as well. It didn't seem to support any facts and only served to be controversial.  I was a little bummed out that he'd take that stance.  I should have responded with:

1. Marsh

2. Trout

3. Adell

4. Ohtani

5. Upton

In all, it will totally be up to Trout.  I have no doubt that the Angels will open the checkbook for the greatest player of all time. 

That's 5 players for 4 spots. But yes, the agenda is so strong they're not even trying to claim to be unbiased and partial anymore.