• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

Just now, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Trump has been his own worst enemy through all of this and continues to be.  Rather than listening to the experts he cares more about trying to get the economy going to help his re-election bid and that's the wrong term play.  If Biden capitalizes on it by doing the town hall that's fine but he can also just sit back and let the shit show continue and be no worse off for it.

Why is getting the economy going the wrong term play?  I tend to like having a job, affording rent, eating, going out, being able to pay bills.  

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Why is getting the economy going the wrong term play?  I tend to like having a job, affording rent, eating, going out, being able to pay bills.  

It's the wrong long term play if it completely negates what we've been trying to accomplish the last two weeks and what we likely need to do for at least another month or so.  Getting the economy going is absolutely important but if we don't do what's best to flatten the curve then it only makes the long term impact worse.  Fauci said last night that what we've learned from this means we can avoid big shutdowns like this going forward but only if it's done right because there will be more clusters/outbreaks in the future.  Trying to change the timeline because Trump doesn't like what's going on in the stock market isn't what's right.  The virus' timeline has nothing to do with what Trump wants.

21 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Trump has been his own worst enemy through all of this and continues to be.  Rather than listening to the experts he cares more about trying to get the economy going to help his re-election bid and that's the wrong term play.  If Biden capitalizes on it by doing the town hall that's fine but he can also just sit back and let the shit show continue and be no worse off for it.

You just have TDS.

20 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

It's the wrong long term play if it completely negates what we've been trying to accomplish the last two weeks and what we likely need to do for at least another month or so.  Getting the economy going is absolutely important but if we don't do what's best to flatten the curve then it only makes the long term impact worse.  Fauci said last night that what we've learned from this means we can avoid big shutdowns like this going forward but only if it's done right because there will be more clusters/outbreaks in the future.  Trying to change the timeline because Trump doesn't like what's going on in the stock market isn't what's right.  The virus' timeline has nothing to do with what Trump wants.

We are accomplishing crap.  People are still lining up infecting each other in lines at grocery stores.  People are still packing it in on buses and trains.  People are still getting infected doing "essential" jobs all over the place.  All we are doing is playing whack a mole, while the arcade is burning down with a bunch of quarters lined up to continue this lunacy till we go broke.  Heck, we are following Italy's solution to the problem more than we are following China or South Korea's solution.  

Hospitals in major cities are already at capacity such as was reported in Atlanta last night.  No one in their right mind says this has peaked yet in the US as we now have the most reported cases of any country while doing less testing than some countries.  Social distancing takes time to see the effect and considering some cities/states had people on beaches last week we're a few weeks away from that.  Yes people will come in contact with others at stores but locally I've seen stores limit how many people are allowed in at a time, fewer items are bought out and they've closed beaches and other areas to keep people from gathering because they couldn't follow the stay in place order.  All of our east coast employees are working remotely and appear to be following the stay in place order as do many other people.  Those that don't follow it will only drag this out.  Densely populated cities are going to have a tougher go of it but that's something they have to address while some of us might be back to work sooner because we aren't packed in like sardines.  For now I'll trust the infectious disease experts.

Just now, Tank said:

laugh all you want, scoff if you must, but we ALL know the answer . . .

interrupt hillary clinton GIF

I mean that would be glorious. Would really get us through Inauguration Day if we're all still being oppressed by the virus and our government.  I don't see it though. The power brokers would rather lose than have Bernie win. My money is on the fake indian

7 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Yes people will come in contact with others at stores but locally I've seen stores limit how many people are allowed in at a time,

And what happens to those customers who can't just walk into the stores?  That's right, they stand closely together in a line right outside the store - closer than they would get to fellow shoppers inside the store. 

Genious 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

And what happens to those customers who can't just walk into the stores?  That's right, they stand closely together in a line right outside the store - closer than they would get to fellow shoppers inside the store. 

Genious

Actually the opposite.  Both times I went to that store over the last two weeks people were lined up outside about 6 feet apart and this week the store had everything they normally carry in stock.  When I go on a daily run everyone I come across keeps their distance when we cross path's while everyone smiles and waves or says hi.  

#suburbanlife

On 3/27/2020 at 5:44 PM, Lhalo said:

I haven’t been to a store in weeks. It’s been awesome. Being prepared for this craziness paid off. 

I go everyday just to get out of the house and to make semi-inappropriate jokes to people who aren’t my wife

On 3/28/2020 at 9:43 AM, m0nkey said:

Same with Panda Express. 

My local Togo's is doing their part to help social distancing by charging $9 for a six inch sandwich. Needless to say I was the only one in there. 

20 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

My local Togo's is doing their part to help social distancing by charging $9 for a six inch sandwich. Needless to say I was the only one in there. 

Panda is selling their family meal for $20, and normally it's like $35.  We've gotten it like 4 times the past 10 days or so.

3 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Panda is selling their family meal for $20, and normally it's like $35.  We've gotten it like 4 times the past 10 days or so.

That's cool. I finally used a CPK gift card I got for Christmas, and they have a $10 off of $40 right now. Surprisingly their Kung Pao spaghetti is better than the Kung Pao I can get at most Chinese restaurants around here.

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

I scored 6 rolls of paper towels this morning. It’s a lock

If your work schedule allows it, go to the Costco on Crown Valley around 10-11 on a weekday. I went on Tuesday, and got a 30 rack of the Kirkland tp, and they probably still had 30 more packs after I left. They stagger people in now, so it's nice going without all the sample eaters clogging the aisles with their left behind carts.