• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

On 3/10/2020 at 7:11 PM, st1ckboy said:

On 3/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Fuck Andrew Yang.

So are you going to be mad this summer when Bernie endorses the same guy as Yang is?

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Answer the question!

It is a dumb question, because the situation is different.

While things don't look good for Sanders, he's not out. Yang--like Warren--is far more ideologically  aligned with Bernie than with Biden, could have made an impact when he dropped out but with-held his endorsement. And he could have made an impact now, but isn't endorsing because it isn't politically expedient to do so, meaning he's a pussy and opportunist just like most politicians and not the free-thinking independent that his gang thinks he is of the math. 

Bernie will endorse Biden because as bad as Biden is, he's (probably) better than Trump. But moreso, his campaign is not about him, but  movement, and he'll leverage his endorsement to try to get Biden to adopt more progressive policies, just like he did with Clinton.

All that said, I've cooled on my ire for Yang. A bit. Why? Because I'm hoping that he's cozying up to Biden in the hopes of getting him to adopt UBI, so I can sit on the couch and not work and live off @calscuf's "hard-earned" dollar.

7 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is a dumb question, because the situation is different.

While things don't look good for Sanders, he's not out. Yang--like Warren--is far more ideologically  aligned with Bernie than with Biden, could have made an impact when he dropped out but with-held his endorsement. And he could have made an impact now, but isn't endorsing because it isn't politically expedient to do so, meaning he's a pussy and opportunist just like most politicians and not the free-thinking independent that his gang thinks he is of the math. 

Bernie will endorse Biden because as bad as Biden is, he's (probably) better than Trump. But moreso, his campaign is not about him, but  movement, and he'll leverage his endorsement to try to get Biden to adopt more progressive policies, just like he did with Clinton.

All that said, I've cooled on my ire for Yang. A bit. Why? Because I'm hoping that he's cozying up to Biden in the hopes of getting him to adopt UBI, so I can sit on the couch and not work and live off @calscuf's "hard-earned" dollar.

If Bernie has any stones then he won't endorse someone  that's part of the "establishment" that he despises so much. If Biden is a part of that establishment then there is little chance he'll adopt much of Bernie's progressive agenda items. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

If Bernie has any stones then he won't endorse someone  that's part of the "establishment" that he despises so much. If Biden is a part of that establishment then there is little chance he'll adopt much of Bernie's progressive agenda items. 

Bernie doesn't care about comparing he dicks or whether you  think he's a macho man or not. He cares about his progressive policies and do what he thinks is best to meet those ends, and that may involve endorsing Biden when it comes down to it. But he'll make Biden work for it.

The establishment will do what it always does, try  to sneak out of any  real change, but gradually dole out micro-changes to make things look good. Obamacare is a case in point: it did actually help many people, but didn't threaten corporate profit margins.

The progressive movement is going to continually challenge this and demand actual change. It is a rising wave. 

But to be honest, I have a problem with "blue no matter who" and am not sure what I'll do in November. 

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Bernie doesn't care about comparing he dicks or whether you  think he's a macho man or not. He cares about his progressive policies and do what he thinks is best to meet those ends, and that may involve endorsing Biden when it comes down to it. But he'll make Biden work for it.

The establishment will do what it always does, try  to sneak out of any  real change, but gradually dole out micro-changes to make things look good. Obamacare is a case in point: it did actually help many people, but didn't threaten corporate profit margins.

The progressive movement is going to continually challenge this and demand actual change. It is a rising wave. 

But to be honest, I have a problem with "blue no matter who" and am not sure what I'll do in November. 

I think Bernie is one of those

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I think Bernie is one of those

Yeah, I don't agree with him on that - or his party-line view on Russia.

I think  the main problem with  "vote blue, no matter who" is that it basically  tells the moderates that they can do anything and progressives will be along for the ride. If progressives actually took the risk and abstained from voting, the Democratic party  would be forced to change, especially if a third party is threatened. 

‘It Was Like Pulling Teeth’: AOC Backed Away from Sanders Campaign after Joe Rogan Endorsement

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) declined multiple pleas from the Bernie Sanders campaign to stump for the Vermont senator’s candidacy after the Iowa caucuses, according to HuffPost.

Ocasio-Cortez was heavily involved in the campaign’s buildup to Iowa, headlining seven rallies for Sanders in Iowa over the weekend of January 24 to January 26.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/it-was-like-pulling-teeth-aoc-backed-away-from-sanders-campaign-after-joe-rogan-endorsement/

But the progressive New York representative disagreed with the campaign over its decision to promote the endorsement of Joe Rogan, the popular podcaster who has been criticized by LGBT activists for opposing puberty blockers for gender-confused children. He has also spoken out against the participation of biological males competing in women’s sports.