• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

So if Bernie does not give Biden his share and Biden doesn't get enough to win the Dem nomination outright what happens? Isn't there a minimum?

Can the Dems put anyone they want in the seat? What channels does it take at that point?

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

So if Bernie does not give Biden his share and Biden doesn't get enough to win the Dem nomination outright what happens? Isn't there a minimum?

Can the Dems put anyone they want in the seat? What channels does it take at that point?

It was unlikely Bernie was ever going to be in a position to force a brokered convention, even if he stayed in.  That is why people were asking him to drop out.

The big question is going to be if he continues to be the petulant narcissist he has been or if he will dial down the attacks and unite behind Biden.  The Bernie Bros are the Trump supporters of the left, they will do everything they can to sabotage Biden.

12 minutes ago, nate said:

It was unlikely Bernie was ever going to be in a position to force a brokered convention, even if he stayed in.  That is why people were asking him to drop out.

The big question is going to be if he continues to be the petulant narcissist he has been or if he will dial down the attacks and unite behind Biden.  The Bernie Bros are the Trump supporters of the left, they will do everything they can to sabotage Biden.

Biden is doing that just fine without their help.

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

You need 2382 delegates to win first ballot.  Biden is at 1217 vs Bernie at 914.  There are 1677 delegates remaining to win.  There are also 771 superdelegates.  So even if Bernie somehow gets 1000 of the remaining delegates.  The DNC still has 771 to put Biden over the top.  Unless Biden goes full Jose Mota 7 days a week, he's their man.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

You need 2382 delegates to win first ballot.  Biden is at 1217 vs Bernie at 914.  There are 1677 delegates remaining to win.  There are also 771 superdelegates.  So even if Bernie somehow gets 1000 of the remaining delegates.  The DNC still has 771 to put Biden over the top.  Unless Biden goes full Jose Mota 7 days a week, he's their man.

Thanks for explaining. 

Some guy was taking about it and I didn't know enough about it. 

3 hours ago, nate said:

That depends on their hatred level of Trump. 

44 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Just look at UTH's posts. He's perfectly content with 4 more years of Trump (and a disastrously overstacked SCOTUS) because, you know, principles.

Apparently he doesn’t hate Trump all that much or is happy with some aspects of his presidency or policies. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Just look at UTH's posts. He's perfectly content with 4 more years of Trump (and a disastrously overstacked SCOTUS) because, you know, principles.

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Apparently he doesn’t hate Trump all that much or is happy with some aspects of his presidency or policies. 

39 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ha

Haha

Hahahaha

Let's hear it from @UndertheHalo

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Let's hear it from @UndertheHalo

First of all, I did say that I would probably vote for Biden in a swing state.  I’m not sure where the idea that im OK with Trump comes from.  It’s not really about Trump for me though.  He’s a clown.  What I dislike is conservatism.  Regardless of the man steering the ship.  The GOP has far more evil and psychotic ghouls than Donald Trump.  I’d have figured that most people on here understand my position on right wing politics.  Trump still can’t touch George Bush and his administration in terms of pure evil.  This corona shit is bad.  It’s a disaster.  But Trump shitty response is a consequence of decades of conservative austerity.  It’s not all on him.  Again  acknowledging that at least initially.  His response was horrendous. 

There’s a couple of things here.  First of all, I don’t believe that Joe Biden is going to win in November.  I think he’s a deeply flawed candidate.  For many reasons that we’ve discussed plenty on here.  The man is responsible for many, many extremely terrible policies.  He’s a creature of decades of political failure.  He’s a guy that is principally involved in the multi decade rightward lurch of the Democratic Party.  So much so, that any real leftist or labor sympathy in the party establishment is essentially gone.  The Democratic Party doesn’t care about winning.  They don’t want to wield power the way that republicans do.  So Joe Biden is the candidate.  All they want is that the money keeps flowing from the donors.  Any critical review of Joe Biden’s record reveals a lot of really terrible shit.  Whether it’s schilling for the credit card companies.  Or horrible racist criminal justice stuff.  The guys politics suck shit.  And some shitty faux means tested overtures to the left don’t change that.  It’s not good enough to look past.

They mobilized a non stop media onslaught against Sanders.  All the fucking creatures dutifully dropped to consolidate around him.  The whole primary process is sham.  They fucked with polling locations in urban areas and areas full of young sympathetic sanders voters.  They completely tilted the whole thing against him the second it looked like he was going to win.  And it worked.  Principally I figure because they’ve convinced Democratic voters that even tho they like Sanders, and even though they support his policies.  Well, he just can’t win.  Why ? Well because they fucking knowers (who have been wrong about everything for 30 years) say so. It’s manufactured consent.  It’s fraud.   So ya, I’m pretty fucking pissed about it.  Sorry, I don’t feel like handing him my worthless vote. 

I don’t see why anyone should have any faith that the Democratic Party is capable of stopping the worst of the GOP shit that’s coming.  Biden keeps talking about working with his friends on the other side of the aisle.  Lol.  As if that’s something on the table.  Even if he did win.  His assured miserable failure will just make the next republican even worse.  So I don’t know.  Maybe letting the republicans  continue to destroy the country is the only way forward for now.  Maybe people just haven’t suffered enough.  It’s a bitter pill.  I don’t like it.  Like I said, I’d probably vote for him in a place where it matters.  But I think that a good argument can be made for doing the hard thing and advocating allowing the Democratic Party to fail miserably and eventually hopefully.  Either die and be replaced by a real labor party.  Or finally fundamentally change.  One thing is certain.  Imo, neoliberalism has failed and will continue to fail.  Centrism is just right wing trash covered in nicer rhetoric.  It will and has failed.  I’ve cast almost every vote in my life for Democrats.  I just don’t feel like buying on the “lesser of two evils” shit anymore.  Anyway, for most of us our votes don’t matter in the general.  Mine certainly doesn’t.  And if the Democratic Party cared about it, they wouldn’t have anointed Joe Biden. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

First of all, I did say that I would probably vote for Biden in a swing state.  I’m not sure where the idea that im OK with Trump comes from.  It’s not really about Trump for me though.  He’s a clown.  What I dislike is conservatism.  Regardless of the man steering the ship.  The GOP has far more evil and psychotic ghouls than Donald Trump.  I’d have figured that most people on here understand my position on right wing politics.  Trump still can’t touch George Bush and his administration in terms of pure evil.  This corona shit is bad.  It’s a disaster.  But Trump shitty response is a consequence of decades of conservative austerity.  It’s not all on him.  Again  acknowledging that at least initially.  His response was horrendous. 

There’s a couple of things here.  First of all, I don’t believe that Joe Biden is going to win in November.  I think he’s a deeply flawed candidate.  For many reasons that we’ve discussed plenty on here.  The man is responsible for many, many extremely terrible policies.  He’s a creature of decades of political failure.  He’s a guy that is principally involved in the multi decade rightward lurch of the Democratic Party.  So much so, that any real leftist or labor sympathy in the party establishment is essentially gone.  The Democratic Party doesn’t care about winning.  They don’t want to wield power the way that republicans do.  So Joe Biden is the candidate.  All they want is that the money keeps flowing from the donors.  Any critical review of Joe Biden’s record reveals a lot of really terrible shit.  Whether it’s schilling for the credit card companies.  Or horrible racist criminal justice stuff.  The guys politics suck shit.  And some shitty faux means tested overtures to the left don’t change that.  It’s not good enough to look past.

They mobilized a non stop media onslaught against Sanders.  All the fucking creatures dutifully dropped to consolidate around him.  The whole primary process is sham.  They fucked with polling locations in urban areas and areas full of young sympathetic sanders voters.  They completely tilted the whole thing against him the second it looked like he was going to win.  And it worked.  Principally I figure because they’ve convinced Democratic voters that even tho they like Sanders, and even though they support his policies.  Well, he just can’t win.  Why ? Well because they fucking knowers (who have been wrong about everything for 30 years) say so. It’s manufactured consent.  It’s fraud.   So ya, I’m pretty fucking pissed about it.  Sorry, I don’t feel like handing him my worthless vote. 

I don’t see why anyone should have any faith that the Democratic Party is capable of stopping the worst of the GOP shit that’s coming.  Biden keeps talking about working with his friends on the other side of the aisle.  Lol.  As if that’s something on the table.  Even if he did win.  His assured miserable failure will just make the next republican even worse.  So I don’t know.  Maybe letting the republicans  continue to destroy the country is the only way forward for now.  Maybe people just haven’t suffered enough.  It’s a bitter pill.  I don’t like it.  Like I said, I’d probably vote for him in a place where it matters.  But I think that a good argument can be made for doing the hard thing and advocating allowing the Democratic Party to fail miserably and eventually hopefully.  Either die and be replaced by a real labor party.  Or finally fundamentally change.  One thing is certain.  Imo, neoliberalism has failed and will continue to fail.  Centrism is just right wing trash covered in nicer rhetoric.  It will and has failed.  I’ve cast almost every vote in my life for Democrats.  I just don’t feel like buying on the “lesser of two evils” shit anymore.  Anyway, for most of us our votes don’t matter in the general.  Mine certainly doesn’t.  And if the Democratic Party cared about it, they wouldn’t have anointed Joe Biden. 

Sir, this is a Wendy's.