• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

Biden probably should have waited until the last minute to join in so his senility would not have been on parade for the last 6 months and he would have been perceived more of a savior. The more he campaigns the worse he looks as a candidate. 

And I think the Bernie campaign is going to fail. Heart failure in his late 70's and he hasn't faced the pressures of the office. He'd be dead before his first 100 days were up.

Bernie needs to "bow out" if he wants the Dems to win the election. And then immediately endorse Warren, maybe even consider the VP ticket.

He'll run a strong campaign, but he's not going to be the nominee in the end and his butthurt fanbase will blame Warren and either not vote or vote Green Party because reasons.

I mean, how many of his supporters flocked to Jill Stein in 2016? 

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

You have to believe the Dems are punting this election and that’s why they let the ancient trio railroad the rest of the field. It’s either that or they really are completely incompetent 

The Dems could win the election handily if they rallied behind a truly progressive candidate, and stopped catering to the radical SJW ideology that throws out ideas like slavery reparations and completely open borders. But the truth is, the DNC and their propaganda vehicles MSNBC and CNN, don't want a real progressive, only a moderate or faux-progressive that won't threaten the status quo. They'd rather have a con-man like Trump, instead of someone like Bernie--or Tulsi, Yang, or Williamson, for that matter--that threatens the underlying power structures and assumptions of the status quo.

Both political parties are really just two wings of one party that serves the plutocrats who benefit from maintaining the status quo. Meanwhile, an increasingly larger percentage of the population continues to struggle or, at best, stagnate. 

I'm increasingly convinced that Warren is a faux progressive, or rather only progressive enough to please the Democratic base and try to unite the Clinton-Sanders split. I mean, maybe she really will challenge Wall Street and improve social systems, but only enough to please the base - not enough to do what really matters, which is reduce the influence of Big Money on politics and transform our system into an actual democracy, and one that is not based on increasing monetary capital and profit for the few, but rather quality of life and human well-being for the many. 

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Bernie needs to "bow out" if he wants the Dems to win the election. And then immediately endorse Warren, maybe even consider the VP ticket.

He'll run a strong campaign, but he's not going to be the nominee in the end and his butthurt fanbase will blame Warren and either not vote or vote Green Party because reasons.

@nate?

17 hours ago, Taylor said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/whats-behind-warrens-rise-in-the-polls/

Elizabeth Warren is likely going to be the candidate. 

Of all those they are shoving down our throats, shes is literally the least viable.  She shows no leadership, cant seem to be honest about nearly anything, and her only redeeming quality is the fact that she is female, i dont get this at all. 

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

You have to believe the Dems are punting this election and that’s why they let the ancient trio railroad the rest of the field. It’s either that or they really are completely incompetent 

They punted the minute they wasted 2 years doing literally nothing, their entire platform right now is "Trump bad".  Doing your best Cartman expression and taking your ball and going home isnt a good look on anyone.

8 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

The Dems could win the election handily if they rallied behind a truly progressive candidate, and stopped catering to the radical SJW ideology that throws out ideas like slavery reparations and completely open borders. But the truth is, the DNC and their propaganda vehicles MSNBC and CNN, don't want a real progressive, only a moderate or faux-progressive that won't threaten the status quo. They'd rather have a con-man like Trump, instead of someone like Bernie--or Tulsi, Yang, or Williamson, for that matter--that threatens the underlying power structures and assumptions of the status quo.

Both political parties are really just two wings of one party that serves the plutocrats who benefit from maintaining the status quo. Meanwhile, an increasingly larger percentage of the population continues to struggle or, at best, stagnate. 

I'm increasingly convinced that Warren is a faux progressive, or rather only progressive enough to please the Democratic base and try to unite the Clinton-Sanders split. I mean, maybe she really will challenge Wall Street and improve social systems, but only enough to please the base - not enough to do what really matters, which is reduce the influence of Big Money on politics and transform our system into an actual democracy, and one that is not based on increasing monetary capital and profit for the few, but rather quality of life and human well-being for the many. 

I wholly disagree with the "truly progressive" part, but completely agree with the "stop pandering to the radical SJW ideology part.  I think they need to be more moderate and come back to the middle.  Reps that are not on Trumps jock WANT an option, but they are not going to give in to an uber liberal platform.  I guess it comes down to how you define progressive.

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

Why? If not Biden, it's mostly likely going to be her. Biden has only lost popularity since his campaign started.

I just think that the polling right now is not reliable.  She is of course the front runner, but I think if Bernie is healthy he’s got a real shot.  I think that a lot of The Sanders vote isn’t going to be picked up by traditional polling right now.  You probably saw that he reported another huge fundraising quarter.  I don’t think Biden has any shot, despite the polls.  As you say, all he’s done is get less popular.  Not exactly a sign of a successful campaign. 

i think that maybe there is a dark horse aspect to mayor Pete because he has so much big money apparently wanting to keep him around.  And maybe Yang - who has a pretty big online thing going on - could catch fire somehow.  I’m thinking it’s mostly between Warren and Sanders tho. 

9 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Not that many.  Despite what the Hillary stans say.