• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Xbox One

nate

Mobile gaming has a market but it's limited.  It takes advantage of of people with impulse issues so it's a sure money-maker in terms of micro-transactions but, like was pointed out before, people are going to want to watch everything they do in HD or 3D and it's just not that impressive on a mobile screen.  Not to mention you are not going to want to play 50-100 hours of a Skyrim-like game on a phone.  This season's launch will probably be the last great big battle of the console wars between Microsoft and Sony, though, as this generations console life will probably be around 8-10 years and then we are looking at a whole new ballgame.  

The problem with XBox One is the ones that will shell out $500 for a console are gamers who will not care about Kinnect functionality, won't want to always be connected to the internet, and will want to play used games instead of spending $60 everytime they want to try something new.  Non-gamers who have an interest in XBox One's connectivity and cloud functions have cheaper options in which to accomplish this on the market already.  PS4 gives gamers everything they want without being invasive.  Microsoft needs to swallow their pride and come out with a $399 version of XBox One without Kinnect to rival PS4 instead of that BS answer of just "buy the 360".

I have bought all generations of PS and XBox, and I spend the majority of my time on the XBox 360, but I will not buy the XBox One in it's current form. 

Phone games are never going to eliminate 60 inch HD screens and more gaming dedicated consoles. 

Never.

agreed.

but the TV is just a dumb display (or maybe have a decent chip in there but nothing like existing consoles)

the games will run on hardware in the cloud, not on a console, and streamed over the internet.

but you still need some kind of controller. 

so either a full one, or just a case w/ buttons around your phone and have the mobile device be the controller.

the games will run on hardware in the cloud, not on a console, and streamed over the internet.

That's one of the problems I have with cloud gaming - not owning your games anymore.  Call me old school I guess.

Another is bandwith.  What kind of lag times will there be?  I heard OnLive had terrible lag times, so I can't imagine what it would be like if all gaming was done in a cloud.

The other is economical.  What kind of effect will it have?  How many jobs will be lost?  Will it cause a huge domino effect in the industry?  What would it do to gaming retailers, PC & hardware manufacturers, electronics retailers like Best Buy, Fry's, etc?

That's one of the problems I have with cloud gaming - not owning your games anymore.  Call me old school I guess.

Another is bandwith.  What kind of lag times will there be?  I heard OnLive had terrible lag times, so I can't imagine what it would be like if all gaming was done in a cloud.

The other is economical.  What kind of effect will it have?  How many jobs will be lost?  Will it cause a huge domino effect in the industry?  What would it do to gaming retailers, PC & hardware manufacturers, electronics retailers like Best Buy, Fry's, etc?

yeah, understood. but physical media (cds, newspapers, books, games, etc) are for the most part going away.

lag time might be a factor now, but it wont be for much longer.

fast wifi will soon be everywhere. and wired will be gigabit speeds. itll take some time to roll out but its coming. 

again i think apple will open up the SDK to appletv and that will be the death blow to the consoles.

then an iTV with legit processor - so now youve got the smaller mobile games but also bigger titles that need more juice.

as for the economy. keep up or die. thats how it always works. 

Lag is still an issue. While the PS4 seems immaculate, one of the concerns is Genkai which is their cloud system that they want to run older system games. When Sony purchased the company it was dying because of lag issues.

Mobile media is a trip. I keep waiting for it to take a big leap forward, but it hasn't. I thought this would be the year as there was even build up with it being at E3. One of the post write ups talked about the anticipation of mobile v. console, but stated the mobile/app participation was miniscule scattered around the outer portions and all the hype and hoopla was about consoles and Xbox v. Sony.

I think there is also integration between them or that most aren't concerned and think there is a market place for mobile as well. You'll get the Angry Birds addict, but there will never be a shortage of World of Warcraft geeks or COD players.

Surprised it took so long. Worried about sales with the ps4 being #1 in preorders everywhere. They had to do this. Still a PS4 for me!

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games

After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today

There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

All things being equal, I would have sided PS4 either way. Like the studios that Sony owns better plus the franchises already established there more. Saving $100 is just icing on the cake for the PS4.

That said, happy to see this, as it would make me feel better about buying an XBox one after a price drop. Sony forced Microsoft's hand and everyone ends up winning.

They already lost folks. This marketing and change helps, but overall to some casual they are merely copying Sony. Microsoft will still sell, but lose the.casual dude.that is deciding between the two.

The casual dude doesn't even know this happened let alone understand it. Hell they probably don't even know there is a next generation console coming out this year. Let alone the parents who might be buying consoles for their kids. Think how many kids will ask for the new PlayStation and get a PS3... 

The casual dude doesn't even know this happened let alone understand it. Hell they probably don't even know there is a next generation console coming out this year. Let alone the parents who might be buying consoles for their kids. Think how many kids will ask for the new PlayStation and get a PS3...

No, I can't fathom the hottest Christmas toy for kids being mistaken for an older version.

No, I can't fathom the hottest Christmas toy for kids being mistaken for an older version.

Imagine parents, complete technological neophytes. They have been bombarded by advertisements, whining kids, and Christmas crowds. They are exhausted and on the edge of swearing off Christmas. Then they see (assuming there is any in stock) two PlayStations. One for $399 and another for $199. It's going to happen. A lot.

Still need to lose the KINNECT function before I'll buy it.  If they really want to compete with the PS4, remove KINNECT, sell it as an optional peripheral, add a game to the bundle and charge $399.

The Kinect is a selling point for families and casual (non-hardcore) gamers.

The Kinect is a selling point for families and casual (non-hardcore) gamers.

...and they can pay $500 for the privilege of being Microsoft's data/demographic source.  When they drop the Kinect, I'll probably buy it but, unitl then, I'll spend $100 less for the same features.