• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Xbox One

nate

Developers hated the PS3. Maybe publishers didn't like needing multiple disks but development wise the PS3 was a nightmare. Xbox has a modified Windows OS so it was very easy to develop for. That is why for a long time games came out on the 360 first.

Developers hated the PS3. Maybe publishers didn't like needing multiple disks but development wise the PS3 was a nightmare. Xbox has a modified Windows OS so it was very easy to develop for. That is why for a long time games came out on the 360 first.

The one drag of Blu-ray (in 2007) was the limited transfer rate. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Sony.  I was down and out, and you pulled me out of the gutter like Richard Dreyfuss did to Nick Nolte.

I love how Sony undercut Microsoft on everything.

Sony: "You have to always be online?  Not on PS4.  You have to pay an extra fee for used games?  Not on PS4.  You have to install the disc to your hard drive?  Not on PS4.  You have to jump through hoops to let a friend borrow a game?  Not on PS4.  It costs $500?  Ours costs $400."

Microsoft came to sell, Sony came to destroy.

Yeah, Sony's entire press conference felt like bulletpoints why they are way better than the Xbox and it was very convincing.  At those prices I still doubt I buy either of these consoles.  Too much money to pay for a bluray player.

Sony is going to obliterate Xbox when it launches. They couldn't have done a better job with the PS4 and how they're handling it. Microsoft is biting the pillow cus Sony is going in dry! 

If we're lucky this will cause MS to reconsider some things and perhaps lead to a price war.

If you're calling either just a blu-ray player, then you don't really play video games do you? It's fine, just doesn't seem like your market then.

$399 for a video game console to me is far more appealing than seeing how much people spend on phones on a yearly basis here at work. If I didn't get a free phone working for AT&T, I doubt I'd be walking around with a brand new phone every year.

If you're calling either just a blu-ray player, then you don't really play video games do you? It's fine, just doesn't seem like your market then.

$399 for a video game console to me is far more appealing than seeing how much people spend on phones on a yearly basis here at work. If I didn't get a free phone working for AT&T, I doubt I'd be walking around with a brand new phone every year.

I use my PS3 for bluray and as a DLNA player.  I haven't gamed in years.  I agree it is too much money for that.  Back in the day I actually used it.

Sony dominated the first round with the PS2, Microsoft dominated round 2 with the 360 and now it looks like Sony will own the third round.  Only reason I use "looks like" is because they haven't come out yet.  Looks like a pretty sure thing though.

and yes...xbox is DOA.  This is the shortest console wars ive ever experienced. lol

I wouldn't count out Microsoft yet. And I say this as someone who has frequently hoped for their demise. I mean if they lower the price of their console and correct their other stupid decisions then this war quickly becomes competitive again in a hurry. Remember this war will probably last seven to eight years. Things are going to change back and forth. And if nothing else Microsoft will just throw money at the problem. They are very cash rich compared to Sony. Hell they got a billion just sitting there to sign exclusivity deals.

It's funny to think how average Sony's presentation would have been without Microsoft's help.

It would have been:

1. A solid games presentation but lacking any real big surprises, especially when it came to exclusives. Sony though I'm sure is hold those exclusives back until later.

2. Finding out that PSN+ was required for multiplayer. Now I think if this leads to an at least Xbox live level of service Sony fans will be more than happy about this but still it isn't the best thing to hear initially.

It would have been a fine presentation but hardly anything anyone would have been going goo goo over. And perhaps even a little less inspiring than Microsoft's presentation which had the better exclusive games shown.  Sony should be sending Microsoft flowers for the gift they gave them.

I wouldn't count out Microsoft yet. And I say this as someone who has frequently hoped for their demise. I mean if they lower the price of their console and correct their other stupid decisions then this war quickly becomes competitive again in a hurry. Remember this war will probably last seven to eight years. Things are going to change back and forth. And if nothing else Microsoft will just throw money at the problem. They are very cash rich compared to Sony. Hell they got a billion just sitting there to sign exclusivity deals.

It's funny to think how average Sony's presentation would have been without Microsoft's help.

It would have been:

1. A solid games presentation but lacking any real big surprises, especially when it came to exclusives. Sony though I'm sure is hold those exclusives back until later.

2. Finding out that PSN+ was required for multiplayer. Now I think if this leads to an at least Xbox live level of service Sony fans will be more than happy about this but still it isn't the best thing to hear initially.

It would have been a fine presentation but hardly anything anyone would have been going goo goo over. And perhaps even a little less inspiring than Microsoft's presentation which had the better exclusive games shown.  Sony should be sending Microsoft flowers for the gift they gave them.

I don't see Microsoft taking those controversial features out before launch.  They're pot committed at this point.  And they seem too proud of themselves to do anything.  Any intelligent person would backpedal like riding in the Tour de France backward, but when has Microsoft ever bowed down to consumer criticism before a release of a product?  The only way they remove those features is if the holidays come and go and the Xbox One is a complete failure.  I mean worse than Wii U's failure.

Also, as far as online being part of PS+, anyone who doesn't have PS+ by now is not getting the most of their playstation. The fact that the same works across the PS4, PS3, and Vita is great, and the amount of free games you get the service, more than makes up for it. And it's still $50 a year, so it's not like they are charging extra after adding the online feature to it.

This month alone, you get Uncharted 3, XCOM: The Enemy Unknown, Saints Row: The Third, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Little Big Planet Karting for free if you have PS+ not to mention a bunch of Vita games which is great for me since I also have a Vita. They also announced for free games you get at launch if you have PS+ so I feel Sony does an outstanding job and will continue to do so to give you value with the service as to not making it feel like you're simply paying for online multiplayer.

Another thing with that, is they also said since they are adding online to PS+, they won't allow publishers to add any online passes to their games as they don't want any other hurdle on top of needing PS+ to play online.

Also, as far as online being part of PS+, anyone who doesn't have PS+ by now is not getting the most of their playstation. The fact that the same works across the PS4, PS3, and Vita is great, and the amount of free games you get the service, more than makes up for it. And it's still $50 a year, so it's not like they are charging extra after adding the online feature to it.

This month alone, you get Uncharted 3, XCOM: The Enemy Unknown, Saints Row: The Third, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Little Big Planet Karting for free if you have PS+ not to mention a bunch of Vita games which is great for me since I also have a Vita. They also announced for free games you get at launch if you have PS+ so I feel Sony does an outstanding job and will continue to do so to give you value with the service as to not making it feel like you're simply paying for online multiplayer.

Another thing with that, is they also said since they are adding online to PS+, they won't allow publishers to add any online passes to their games as they don't want any other hurdle on top of needing PS+ to play online.

They have a special at Best Buy if you have a membership there you can get a 12 month PS+ card for $40

I love the ditching of publisher online passes. Most were free and just required a registration code from inside the game, but it was unnecessary. I enjoyed the free version, but don't mind paying if it's upgraded and streamlined. I wasn't much of a multi or online dude, but within the past year or two jumped on board and even went as far as buying complete DLC packs for Tiger Woods and Max Payne 3.

The value isn't there for me so much, but even before this announcement considered it because it does have many perks and like Sam mentions isn't just an online play fee.

Here's a nice comparison of both consoles I came across today.

A Complete Comparison of XBOX One and Playstation 4

# Development:
XBO: Developed by Microsoft, Development started in 2010.
PS4: Developed by Sony, Development started in 2008.

# Specifications:
XBO: 8 Core AMD x86 CPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray Drive
PS4: 8 Core AMD x86-64 CPU, 8GB GDDR5 RAM, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray Drive

# Power Differences:
- The CPU in both systems are nearly identical.
- The GPU in the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the XBO.
- The PS4 has 158% more memory bandwidth. (XBO's 68GB/s vs PS4's 176GB/s).
- The PS4 will allow 40% more RAM for games (XBO's 5GB vs PS4's 7GB)

Both consoles will feature a similar architecture making game creation similar on both consoles. In contrast to previous generations were the architecture of the PS3 made it vastly most difficult to create games. The developers will decide how much of an effect the increase power of one console over another will have as they program and utilize power accordingly.

# Playing a Game:
XBO: Install Game, Register Game Online, Game Now Locked to XBOX Live Profile. Play Game.
XBO: If your connection is down when first playing, you'll need to wait until its back up.
PS4: Install Game, Play Game.

# Authentication:
XBO: Your home console will authenticate every 24 hours.
XBO: If you use a console other than your own it will authenticate every 1 hour.
XBO: If it cannot authenticate it will lock all games.
PS4: No authentication at all.

# Trade-in a Game at retail:
XBO: Can only be traded to Microsoft authorised retailers.
PS4: Trade to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

# Trade-in a Game with a friend:
XBO: Trade to Friends once that have been on XBOX LIve Friends List for 30 Days.
PS4: Trade to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

# Sell a game on Ebay:
XBO: You can't sell any XBO games on Ebay, they are locked to your account.
PS4: You can see to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

# Renting Games from companies like Blockbuster or GameFly:
XBO: Not avaliable a launch but Microsoft are still in discussion with partners.
PS4: You can rent games from any company you choose.

# Game Ownership:
XBO: You own a license to play the game.
PS4: You own the game, just don't have the right to sell copies of it.

# Playing at a Friends on their console:
XBO: You must log into XBOX Live then either download or install the game from disc.
XBO: The console must authenticate once every hour or the console will lock all games.
XBO: Internet connection required.
PS4: Insert the disc, start playing.

# Loaning a Game to a Friend:
XBO: You can add 10 friends that are allowed to use your games library.
XBO: Only one person at a time can play a game.
XBO: The console must authenticate once every hour or the console will lock all games.
XBO: The people you share your game library with must be on your friends list for 30 days.
XBO: The people on the friends list must be in the same region as you to play.
PS4: Give friend the disc, let him play.

On the XBO it could mean that if you have 10 friends, that are all friends of eachother then you could share a single player game between the 10 of you, only buying it once. You'd need to take turns each playing the game when the other wasn't but you would be sharing a single game between you. Whereas for multiplayer to all play at the same time you would need to all own the game.

# Using my Game Library at another location with a connection:
XBO: Log in to XBOX Live, Download Any Game or Install from Disc, Play.
XBO: Online Authentication required every hour or the console will lock all games.
PS4: You can play disc-based games you have brought with you.
PS4: You can log-in to Playstation Network to download store purchases.

# Using my Game Library at another location with no connection:
XBO: You can't play any games at all, no connection means no authentication.
PS4: You can only play the on-disc games you brought with you.

# Playing Games from another Region:
XBO: Region Locked. You can only play UK games on a UK Console.
PS4: Region Free. You can play JP/US games on a UK Console.

# Access my Online Identity outside the Home:
XBO: Log into XBOX Live.
PS4: Log into Playstation Network.

# Kinect vs Playstation Eye:
XBO: Mandatory but can be switched off. Included with Console.
PS4: Not Mandatory. Not Included with Console.

# External Power Brick:
XBO: Will feature an external power brick.
PS4: No external power brick.

# Hard-Drive Upgrades:
XBO: Non-Ungradable. Accepts External Hard-Drives.
PS4: Can be upgraded. Accepts External Hard-Drives.

# Size Difference:
XBO: Width: 34.3cm, Length: 26.3cm, Height: 8cm
PS4: Width: 27.5cm, Length: 30.5cm, Height: 5.3cm
The PS4 is 40% smaller than the XBO in total volume.

# Price Difference:
XBO: £429
PS4: £349

# Publishing for Indie titles such as Minecraft, Journey etc..
XBO: Same method as a normal game.
PS4: Free Self-Publishing on Playstation Network with specific Indie Section.

# Capturing Gameplay:
XBO: Will allow you to capture gameplay and upload and share via Twitch TV.
PS4: Will allow you to capture gameplay and upload and share via UPlay.

# Online Gaming Fees:
XBO: Requires XBOX Live Subscription to play online.
PS4: Requires Playstation Plus Subscription to play online.

# Backwards Compatibility:
XBO: No Backwards Compatibility.
PS4: Upcoming Backwards Compatibility via Gaikai for PS1, PS2 and PS3 games.

# Release Date:
XBO: Due out in November. (Confirmed November Release)
PS4: Due out in November. (Confirmed Christmas Holiday Release)

# What If I Don't Have An Internet Connection:
XBO: The console will not work, it requires an internet connection to authenticate.
PS4: The console will work, but updates and DLC require an internet connection.

# Whats Included in the Box:
XBO: XBOX One Console, A Controller, Kinect 2.0, Power Brick.
PS4: Playstation 4 Console, A Controller, Headset, Power Cable, HDMI Cable

I've always been an Xbox guy and have never owned any playstation but the PS4 looks to be headed in the right direction. So I think I'll get both.

Same here, but there's almost no chance I purchase the XBO, there's just to much about I don't really care for. Like someone else mentioned, I couldn't care less about all the other bull shit. If I'm buying one of these things it's to enjoy some quality games when I have free time.