• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Xbox One

nate

...and they can pay $500 for the privilege of being Microsoft's data/demographic source.  When they drop the Kinect, I'll probably buy it but, unitl then, I'll spend $100 less for the same features. 

I wonder how many people who say this carry around an Android or iOS phone.

MS is a joke.

that entire organization has lost the ability to innovate and execute.

they need to get rid of ballmer and bring in a products person, let him handle the business side.

Which is sad because until this new generation the XBox was the one sector of the company that could do relatively no wrong.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad they got rid of the always on aspect of the Kinect.  

Overall, though, I'm excited about the new Kinect, as I believe voice and motion interface are the future of pretty much all entertainment media.  

After the debacle with the 1st Gen 360, I went ahead and got a warranty on the X1 I ordered.  

Got the Kinect peripheral for the 360 and didn't care for it.  It's currently collecting dust in a box somewhere.  I've bought all generations of both the Playstation and XBox and I'm sure I will again...I'll just wait until the Kinect-less comes out.

http://beta.fool.com/keithnoonan/2013/08/19/kinect-camera-still-a-problem-for-microsofts-xbox/43296/?source=eogyholnk0000001

Betcha a Kinect-less XBox One comes out sooner rather than later...maybe even one at launch.

Its cute as a family peripheral but, from what I've been reading, hardcore gamers just don't care about it or have little interest in it.

http://beta.fool.com/keithnoonan/2013/08/19/kinect-camera-still-a-problem-for-microsofts-xbox/43296/?source=eogyholnk0000001

Betcha a Kinect-less XBox One comes out sooner rather than later...maybe even one at launch.

Its cute as a family peripheral but, from what I've been reading, hardcore gamers just don't care about it or have little interest in it.

Sounds like instead of dumping the Kinect they are going to stick a free game in the process.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2013/aug/20/xbox-one-fifa-14-call-of-duty

As a gamer myself, I never play Kinect games. I do have an 8 year old daughter that does play it and enjoys it. Most of the games are kid friendly too.

I was thinking of switching to PS4 but I think I'll stick to Xbox. Besides moving to a new controller would be a pain in the butt. I'm all about the games but maybe I can get into some of the tech features.

Before Microsoft went back on some of the restrictions, there was no chance I was going with the XB1. Now I'm at least considering it. Still don't have any interest in paying an extra $100 for the Kinect which I'll never use (Don't have one for my 360 either). Having never owned any of the PS's  It would definitely be a big change for me to convert that would take some getting used to. Not a fan of the PS controllers, the joysticks are awkward and the controller it self feels rather cheap.

Before Microsoft went back on some of the restrictions, there was no chance I was going with the XB1. Now I'm at least considering it. Still don't have any interest in paying an extra $100 for the Kinect which I'll never use (Don't have one for my 360 either). Having never owned any of the PS's  It would definitely be a big change for me to convert that would take some getting used to. Not a fan of the PS controllers, the joysticks are awkward and the controller it self feels rather cheap.

I have used the new dual shock 4. I heard it feels way better than the last dual shock.

Titanfall looks awesome. 

What worries me about the new kinect is that there still seems to be some serious delay/lag. 

I can't believe people care that the Xbox One is 100 dollars more than the PS4. This is a system that's going to last 7+ years. 100 dollars isn't a big deal in the grand scheme.

Titanfall looks awesome.

What worries me about the new kinect is that there still seems to be some serious delay/lag.

I can't believe people care that the Xbox One is 100 dollars more than the PS4. This is a system that's going to last 7+ years. 100 dollars isn't a big deal in the grand scheme.

You just can't trust console that has been stripped of its original duties. That one of the reason I'm sticking the with ps4. Plus the ps4 has the show

You just can't trust console that has been stripped of its original duties. That one of the reason I'm sticking the with ps4. Plus the ps4 has the show

So you don't trust MS because they listened to what their fans and everyone wanted?

Honestly, it should come down to the games and what system you're more comfortable with. I owned the original xbox and xbox 360 and I'm a bigger fan of their games since I've been somewhat committed to them. I also love the 360 controller and the improvements on the xbox one controller looks awesome.

I'm pretty sure we're all adults here, so using the excuse that you're getting the PS4 over the Xbox one because it's 100 dollars cheaper is rather disingenuous. 

So you don't trust MS because they listened to what their fans and everyone wanted?

Honestly, it should come down to the games and what system you're more comfortable with. I owned the original xbox and xbox 360 and I'm a bigger fan of their games since I've been somewhat committed to them. I also love the 360 controller and the improvements on the xbox one controller looks awesome.

I'm pretty sure we're all adults here, so using the excuse that you're getting the PS4 or the Xbox one because it's 100 dollars cheaper is rather disingenuous. 

It wasn't so much showing loyalty to the fans as it was being forced to make changes or they would lose all their money. 

I prefer not to give my money to a shady ass company like that. Plus, I think the PS4 is going to be better.

I'm pretty sure we're all adults here, so using the excuse that you're getting the PS4 or the Xbox one because it's 100 dollars cheaper is rather disingenuous.

True. Seems now a days people are loyal to a brand not what the product is. I miss the old Nintendo 64 days :P.

I'm pretty sure we're all adults here, so using the excuse that you're getting the PS4 over the Xbox one because it's 100 dollars cheaper is rather disingenuous. 

They didn't listen to their fans.  They caved to pressure so they wouldn't be left in the dust by the PS4.  If they listened to their fans, they would have known that the Kinect was a cute peripheral when it first came out but wasn't essential to their gaming experience.  They wouldn't have the made Kinect such a huge part of what XBox One is right now.  I've owned all generations of XBox's and PS's and I prefer the XBox interface in general but each system provides games I like.  I mostly play RPGs so I can get everything I am looking for on either system.  BioWare, my favorite developer, makes games for both the XBox and PS so it's not going to really matter which system I choose since their specs are basically the same.

The question then becomes Why am I paying $100 for something I don't want and never intend to use?  I don't have $100 to waste.  If they are so committed to the kinect that they are basically saying "the kinect is the XBox one", then it's just not for me.  One day, there will be a kinect-less XBox One and when that happens, I might pick one up. 

They didn't listen to their fans.  They caved to pressure so they wouldn't be left in the dust by the PS4.  If they listened to their fans, they would have known that the Kinect was a cute peripheral when it first came out but wasn't essential to their gaming experience.  They wouldn't have the made Kinect such a huge part of what XBox One is right now.  I've owned all generations of XBox's and PS's and I prefer the XBox interface in general but each system provides games I like.  I mostly play RPGs so I can get everything I am looking for on either system.  BioWare, my favorite developer, makes games for both the XBox and PS so it's not going to really matter which system I choose since their specs are basically the same.

The question then becomes Why am I paying $100 for something I don't want and never intend to use?  I don't have $100 to waste.  If they are so committed to the kinect that they are basically saying "the kinect is the XBox one", then it's just not for me.  One day, there will be a kinect-less XBox One and when that happens, I might pick one up.

I very much dislike the kinect because it ruined the greatest gaming company rare.

I think I'm going with the PS4. I have the PS2 and still enjoy using that but switched to the 360 during the next generation and somewhat regret is because I never got to play games like God Of War and Ratchet and Clank for the PS3 which is why I think I'm definitely going for the PS4, not to mention there is no way in hell I'd ever use the kinect on the Xbox one.

• 2 weeks later...

PS4 release date = 11/15/2013

XBox One release date = 11/22/2013

It will be interesting to see what kind of holiday packaged they start throwing together for these systems and how they change the pricing on the old systems.  PS3 recently got a 12GB version for $200 and the Wii U is getting a $50 price drop.