• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Xbox One

nate

and here it comes.. next apple tv to be beefier, have an open APi for apps and targeted at games.

also might have an incorporated router - smart choice which allows it to avoid using wifi (i personally already do this by plugging mine into the router)

http://9to5mac.com/2014/01/28/apple-tv-graduates-from-hobbyaccessory-to-product-line-ahead-of-major-changes/

I don't quite understand why MS hasn't come out with a $100 or so mini-xbox that can play non-graphic intensive games, or better yet stream games from an xbox one.

Their interface is great for TVs, they have TONS of great video apps and smartglass is sufficient as a controller.

It sure seems that they're kinda dropping the ball here.

gaming is one of the most lucrative and fastest growing businesses in the country right now

I didn't really consider this until I saw GTA V made 800m in the first day and hit one billion in something like the first three days. There was a music industry website that wrote about how GTA V has actually surpassed the entire music industry in sales in one months time. Just nuts.

gaming is one of the most lucrative and fastest growing businesses in the country right now

If they bought Zenimax, they also bought themselves into the highly successful Elder Scrolls and Fallout series of games.  Be interesting to see how they produce them from here but aquisitions can sometimes have mixed results, even when the pricinples are pretty solid.  When EA purchased BioWare, it immediately ramped the money availble for their games but also added day -1 DLC, multi-player and microtransactions, and shortened the turn around time for games to be completed.  Dragon Age 2 suffered from this expediency as the product, while entertaining, was flawed having re-used environments, spawning enemies, A(wesome) button combat, and a narative that lost steam towards the end.  Mass Effect 3 suffered a bit as well as some of the game felt unfinished (Quest/Journal interface, elevators, autodialogue, original ending) while other aspects of it were the best of the series (graphics, combat, voice acting, character/squad banter/interaction).  Again, the third act felt huried and the original ending was a jarring mistep.  Apparently, due to the backlash, BioWare was allowed to take more time with both series while trying to maximize the new Frostbite 3 engine they have access to from DICE, another EA subsidiary, and Dragon Age: Inquisition is due Fall 2014, over 3 years after Dragon Age 2 and the new Mass Effect is due sometimes in 2015.

When Microsoft bought up Micropose and took over the very successful Mech Warrior series they ran it completely into the ground. Mech Warrior 3 was ahead of it's time and the gameplay was multi faceted in with what you could do in building your Mech of choice and if you wanted play online in an arena fight.

Mech Warrior 4 was a complete fail, Microsoft didn't even bother to try and match the level of gameplay, instead the went back a generation to the Mech Warrior 2 engine and there went most of the gameplay. No longer did it matter where you mounted shields, heat sink, ammunition racks or weapons. So the strategy to build a Mech that could handle the competition and environment went into the trash all to get the release out quickly.

Big corporations make the biggest mistakes sometimes.

Ironically, MS left Bungie alone with the Halo series and it worked well for them.

Anyone remember that Mech game that came out for the Xbox 360 that had its own controller that cost like 180 bucks?  Can't remember the name.  I remember working at GameStop and a couple months later not even taking them in trade-in because nobody wanted them, even for 30 bucks.

Ironically, MS left Bungie alone with the Halo series and it worked well for them.

Anyone remember that Mech game that came out for the Xbox 360 that had its own controller that cost like 180 bucks?  Can't remember the name.  I remember working at GameStop and a couple months later not even taking them in trade-in because nobody wanted them, even for 30 bucks.

I wish it was for the 360. I was actually only for the original Xbox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Battalion

30 bucks?  @#$@#@  They go for way more than that now!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Accessories-/54968/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=steel+battalion

When I managed at Gamestop, we got several in used and then eventually destroyed them.

I actually have one in the basement.  Don't have the console though.

Also, what something is listed for and what it is worth are not the same.  /pawnstars

It was definitely niche but knowing people in that community it was heavily in demand once production stopped causing the price to go up. Crazy considering it was for one bloody game.

Though I spent $600 on my sim racing steering wheel/stand/pedal so glass houses and all that.