• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels compete by what year?

Barrett

What year will Angels compete  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What year will the Angels start competing for division titles?

• 2023 +

19 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Tough question.  The Angels are going to struggle to compete for the wild card as long as they have half a line up of .650 or worse OPS hitters.   If some guys step up that stops being a problem.  Who knows if that happens or not. 

as you touch on, the angels can compete in any year in which they have a reasonably healthy roster and guys hit to their expected norms. there is plenty of talent on this roster, but they have been decimated by injuries across the board and many players just aren't hitting to their norms. i do think that there are several hitters and pitchers that they should just cut bait on because i don't know what their "norms" are anymore.

Well since I think they could have competed this year, I'll say they can contend next year. Baseball is a sport where things can just click for a team and all of a sudden they're playoff contenders. Although I do believe teams largely play a hand in deciding their own luck with savvy moves and patience, bad luck and being hamstrung with resources has really held us back even if we hit on every transaction. I think next year could certainly play out different.

They can definitely contend for the 2nd WC spot in 2019, if the rotation health improves and the bullpen stabilizes enough.  

The A's are a candidate for regression, to be sure.   They are NOT a 68-35 team (after starting out 29-30).

The Dipotos are already regressing (34-42 record after 55-31 start).

The Rays, outside of Snell and Wendle, and a little bit of Pham after the trade, seemed to do it with smoke and mirrors.   They are a definite regression candidate.  

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

What comment are you reading?  He just said "winning is huge". He didnt say he felt he couldn't win with the Angel's.  I expect him to sign over the winter.

No, he didnt, he said he thinks the plan is being worked, BUT have we won?  3 years losing record?  To me thats a pretty clear message.  You are welcome to see it how you wish, and i hope you are right about the signing.

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

No, he didnt, he said he thinks the plan is being worked, BUT have we won?  3 years losing record?  To me thats a pretty clear message.  You are welcome to see it how you wish, and i hope you are right about the signing.

Nice spin.  I read the same article you did.  If you are confused I suggest you read Fletchers post again but he interpreted Trouts quote the same way.

22 minutes ago, floplag said:

I agree it’s clear he thinks the plan is being worked.  

31 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Nice spin.  I read the same article you did.  If you are confused I suggest you read Fletchers post again but he interpreted Trouts quote the same way.

Key word, interpreted.  

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I agree it’s clear he thinks the plan is being worked.  

if that was all he said i would agree, but it wasnt. 

Regardless of opinion well all find out together soon enough.   Im not arguing the point further. 

I think what’s clear is that there’s no quick solution for a team that doesn’t have talent depth.  It takes time.  Honestly, the Angels are lucky to have drafted well and really have turned around a horrific development system relatively quickly.  There’s no guarantees of course but at least there’s some promising players getting close.  

Patience is the key.  The mistake would be fuc*king up long term sustainable success in a stupid trade for a veteran that won’t be around when the team actually is in a position to compete with the Astros. 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

whoa! slow down there, cowboy. if you aren't going to abide by AW's TOS, we're going to have to ask you to leave. so, either you close your account or you get back to arguing.

Final Warning 

Do what ya gotta do my brother :)  
Seriously though its kinda like arguing unicorns at this point, people believe and interpret how they will based on their perception.  There is no further debate to be had.