• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels compete by what year?

Barrett

What year will Angels compete  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What year will the Angels start competing for division titles?

• 2023 +

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

It only goes against his comments if he doesn’t believe in Eppler and the Angels.  

I think you are cherry picking a little, but again i hope youre right. 
Saying winning is huge but he believes is generally code for something needs to happen soon.
No matter, im no mind reader i just dont see him playing for a loser much longer, nor should he when it isnt necessary. 

Just now, floplag said:

I think you are cherry picking a little, but again i hope youre right. 
Saying winning is huge but he believes is generally code for something needs to happen soon.
No matter, im no mind reader i just dont see him playing for a loser much longer, nor should he when it isnt necessary. 

Ok, so if he signs an extension this off season is he a liar in your opinion?  If we don’t make the playoffs next year, but then signs an extension next off season is he a liar?  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok, so if he signs an extension this off season is he a liar in your opinion?  If we don’t make the playoffs next year, but then signs an extension next off season is he a liar?  

Of course not, it means he knows something we dont about the plan.    
I could easily see him re-signing if we make some bold moves, but if we basically do nothing but wait and pray that Adell and Canning and crew are all stars and ask him to wait 2-3 years... would you?  honestly?    Would you extend without first seeing significant progress after 3 straight losing seasons?  If you answer yes i dont think you are being realistic at all. 

12 minutes ago, OhtaniSan said:

How often do teams get a chance to add a 26-year-old superstar, who will only get better, and not lose any prospect currency in doing so? 

How often is one of the top catchers in baseball with multiple years of team control on the trade market?

These are moves the Angels can make to provide immediate and long-term help. 

Yeah but aquiring Realmuto would do more harm to the Angels organization in the long run then the good he would do in the current time. He would probably cost a combination of Adell/Canning or Maitain/Sandoval if not more. Which would delplete the farm that has barely started improving a year ago. 

Just now, floplag said:

Of course not, it means he knows something we dont about the plan.    
I could easily see him re-signing if we make some bold moves, but if we basically do nothing but wait and pray that Adell and Canning and crew are all stars and ask him to wait 2-3 years... would you?  honestly?    Would you extend without first seeing significant progress after 3 straight losing seasons?  If you answer yes i dont think you are being realistic at all. 

He will know what the plan is. 

42 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because he likes it here, he believes in Eppler and he will struggle to turn down a huge money deal.  

40 minutes ago, floplag said:

Which goes against his on record comments, but i hope youre right

I don’t think it goes against his comments. 

He said winning is huge, and he said he loves it here and he said he really liked all the moves Eppler made, but blames the injuries. 

I didn’t ask him if he wanted $400 million. 

Just now, floplag said:

So, results dont matter then?  
If we tank again in 19, how does that plan look to him?
I hope you guys are right, i truly do

If he signs an extension this off season he won’t know how we do in 2019 until he is already under the new contract.  

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If he signs an extension this off season he won’t know how we do in 2019 until he is already under the new contract.  

i get it, you think he will, i dont till he sees something.  That something might be bold moves or signings but if none of that happens, AND he signs, I 100% owe you lunch.
Time will tell.  Again i hope you are right 

28 minutes ago, floplag said:

So, results dont matter then?  
If we tank again in 19, how does that plan look to him?
I hope you guys are right, i truly do

If Trout is contemplating signing a long term deal, what do you think is more important? 

what happened last year or even this year

or 

what he thinks will happen 2, 3,4, 5, 6 years from now?  

What do you think is more likely going to get us into a position that would be sustainable for 4-6 year? 

that we somehow overcome all of our pitching injuries next year, grab a couple high priced free agents, gut our farm for a couple of players with 2 years of club control

or 

continue to build along our current path by developing our solid farm that adds to our current base and helps to maintain payroll flexibility.  Then add a couple of players to strategically fill a couple of key spots and/or make a trade or two to do the same when it's clear that there are fewer holes to fill?  

We're not going to tank in 2019.  But that doesn't mean we're going all in either.  Billy will put this team in a position to succeed in 2019 and potentially grab a WC spot with an outside chance to win the division if things go well.  But he'll do it without mortgaging the future.  A lot is going to change in the AL west over the next five years.  I like where we're at relative to the other teams in the division.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If Trout is contemplating signing a long term deal, what do you think is more important? 

what happened last year or even this year

or 

what he thinks will happen 2, 3,4, 5, 6 years from now?  

What do you think is more likely going to get us into a position that would be sustainable for 4-6 year? 

that we somehow overcome all of our pitching injuries next year, grab a couple high priced free agents, gut our farm for a couple of players with 2 years of club control

or 

continue to build along our current path by developing our solid farm that adds to our current base and helps to maintain payroll flexibility.  Then add a couple of players to strategically fill a couple of key spots and/or make a trade or two to do the same when it's clear that there are fewer holes to fill?  

We're not going to tank in 2019.  But that doesn't mean we're going all in either.  Billy will put this team in a position to succeed in 2019 and potentially grab a WC spot with an outside chance to win the division if things go well.  But he'll do it without mortgaging the future.  A lot is going to change in the AL west over the next five years.  I like where we're at relative to the other teams in the division.  

i dont think anything, the man himself has said winning matters. 

41 minutes ago, floplag said:

i get it, you think he will, i dont till he sees something.  That something might be bold moves or signings but if none of that happens, AND he signs, I 100% owe you lunch.
Time will tell.  Again i hope you are right 

My point is that when he signs a 10-year deal, he wants to know he’s with an organization that is committed to trying to win every year. No team can guarantee him it will be good for the next 10 years. (Maybe only the Yankees but I can’t see him wanting to play there.)

The Angels have made moves every winter to try to get better. They have never gone into rebuilding mode. 

If Trout says to Billy Eppler: prove to me that we are going to try to win, Eppler is going to do it. I wish you guys could sit down with the guy sometime. He has an answer for everything. Why do you think Ohtani picked the Angels?

Also, the Angels really do treat their players like a family. Eppler and Arte and Carpino all went to NJ after Trout’s brother in law died. I am sure that did not go unnoticed. 

Plus, they’re going to offer him a ton of money. 

I could be wrong. Based on my knowledge of the people and the situation, I think it’s more likely than not that he’ll re-sign. 

34 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Also, the Angels really do treat their players like a family. Eppler and Arte and Carpino all went to NJ after Trout’s brother in law died. I am sure that did not go unnoticed. 

I truly hope this didn't go unnoticed by those here who constantly bash the organization 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

but he didn't say winning last year matters.  

the outcome of this season will have very little impact on what he decides to do the next ten years.  

Im not talking about this season, im talking about next.  But, losing for the last three matters.  Next year cannot be 4

13 minutes ago, floplag said:

Im not talking about this season, im talking about next.  But, losing for the last three matters.  Next year cannot be 4

it doesn't matter for what happens the next ten.  

The astros went 51-111 in 2013.  It was their fifth losing season in a row and their third in a row where they lost 100 games.  But they had a strong farm system.  The next year they lost 92 games but everyone knew they were coming because they had a lot of good young players and a solid core.  

If Trout staying for 10+ years is contingent on the Halos winning in 2019 then he's short-sighted and getting the wrong advice.  

We went from the worst farm system ever (not hyperbole) at the end of 2015 to one that is now in the top ten.  We have a solid core.  Regardless of what happens in 2019, Eppler is taking the team in the right direction.  Yes, results matter, but patience is important.  They'll show some promise in 2019 whether they make the playoffs or not.  If you try to force the issue then you end up with a similar aftermath that Dipoto left.