• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many are suddenly Cardinal fans for the weekend?

floplag

16 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Ah, the OTHER salve for another failed Angel season, on AW.

Bashing the Dodgers or bashing Dipoto. THIS is what makes September interesting, eh?

How sad that, for so many of you, baseball season ends whenever the Angels fail to make the playoffs.

The best baseball of the year starts in October...........

why do you even post here? 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

why do you even post here? 

Because there are knowledgeable baseball fans on this site. Ones that can look beyond the chronic failure of one team, and embrace baseball for the great sport that it is. 

Hang around..........you might become one. 

Or. I guess you could follow UCLA football..........

4 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Bashing the Dodgers or bashing Dipoto. THIS is what makes September interesting, eh?

How sad that, for so many of you, baseball season ends whenever the Angels fail to make the playoffs.

LOL

4 hours ago, kj_maestro said:

F**k the dodgers and all their fans and every one that jumped me cuz I'm white and like the angels lmao. Last world series I loved being the only angels fan in my studio in Burbank and telling all the Dodgers fans that I hope they go into every 9th inning with a lead and they think they're gonna win it, just for them to blow it and lose. Loved when it happened- was just as gratifying as the Angels making the playoffs.  

There was only one game in which they held the lead in the 9th and lost and that was a 11 inning game. They made a comeback in the 9th inning in Houston to tie, again that game went 10 innings. 

In the end your Dodger friends had their team in the World Series for 7 games. Scoreboard still says the Angels didn't even sniff the playoffs. 

You give Angels fans a bad rep being a pompus stupid guy. 

7 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Because there are knowledgeable baseball fans on this site. Ones that can look beyond the chronic failure of one team, and embrace baseball for the great sport that it is. 

Hang around..........you might become one. 

Or. I guess you could follow UCLA football..........

image.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There was only one game in which they held the lead in the 9th and lost and that was a 11 inning game. They made a comeback in the 9th inning in Houston to tie, again that game went 10 innings. 

In the end your Dodger friends had their team in the World Series for 7 games. Scoreboard still says the Angels didn't even sniff the playoffs. 

You give Angels fans a bad rep being a pompus stupid guy. 

Thank you for your reply even if you don’t like what I did or said. All the banter with my friends of course came after fully acknowledging they have a great team better than mine right now, guess I should have clarified that. Maybe they did only blow it once in the actual 9th but there were many back and forth lead changes in the series and they didn’t close it which I guess is what I meant when I said “loved when it happened.”

i am a pompous stupid guy :)

23 minutes ago, kj_maestro said:

Thank you for your reply even if you don’t like what I did or said. All the banter with my friends of course came after fully acknowledging they have a great team better than mine right now, guess I should have clarified that. Maybe they did only blow it once in the actual 9th but there were many back and forth lead changes in the series and they didn’t close it which I guess is what I meant when I said “loved when it happened.”

i am a pompous stupid guy :)

I agree.

the pain my dodger fan buddies felt last year was a thousand times worse than the pain I felt about our season. 

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

So you rip on the Angels every single fucking day for the better part of 8 months x however long you've been a 'fan' and now you're judging people for being happy that our competition isn't successful? 

hypocrite:  someone who conveniently forgets their own faults to point out someone else's.  

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Because dodger fans, or any other team, dont root against rivals?

Most fans are fans of one team. You take note and admire other teams/players when they do well. You dont cheer for them.

3 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

As a kid I used to adopt the Reds as my October team for obvious reasons. This year I’m adopting the Rockies to go along with my Broncos and Avalanche theme

Lol my dad did the same. The Angels were shitty when he was a kid & he liked following Pete Rose's career.

In April 2002 I thought the Angels sucked as usual & stopped following them, then later in the year i'm told they are in the playoffs & my jaw dropped.

7 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Cubs win today, and can knock the Cards out by beating them tomorrow.. nothing better for Cubs fans than knocking the Cards out of contention...which they have done every year since 2015.

WeatherWonk would like to have a word with you about your posting habits here on CubsWin.com

Actually, I am a Rockies fan (when the Angels are not playing them) and a Dodger hater. 

So right now, I'm a Giants fan. Cards did their part today by rolling over for the Cubs, so the Rox just have to win tonight and they're in. And they control their own destiny now as far as the division is concerned. 

So...go Giants!

I am a Cards fan -- they are tanking big time.

lost three straight to Milwaukee this week at St, Louis and lost the first game today of a three game final weekend series at Wrigley.

What was the song that Dandy Don used to sing on Monday night football (GEEZ - that dates me - the entire crew is  gone now -- -Meredith, Cosell, Gifford)

oh yeah -- Turn out the lights, the party's over (Willie Nelson version).