• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels WAR ranking by position

stevestevens

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/team_compare.cgi 

SP: 19

RP: 11

1B: 28

2B: 9

SS: 2

3B: 28

LF: 8

CF: 1

RF: 25

C 21

DH: 2

The difference from 21 to 1 at the catcher position is 2.6 WAR. The difference from 28 to 1 at the 1B position is 6.2, the difference at 3B from 28 to 1 is 8.9 (have a year Matt Chapman). The difference from 19 to 1 in SP is 12.9.  We actually have better SP than Texas, Oakland, and Seattle but even though we are ranked 11th in RP, we have the worst bullpen in the AL West which puts are overall pitching behind both Oakland and Seattle. RF is a 9.2 WAR difference but a June through September year from Calhoun would put us in the top 5 or 6 on the season and would most likely have us at the second or third best OF in the league.  

Nothing too revealing in these stats that we do not know about.  Splits this year has Pujols with a .790 OPS at DH and a .640 OPS at 1B.  Even though he is better at DH it is nothing close to Ohtani's .957 OPS. 

If Ohtani can DH full time next year, the team has decisions.

Can you rely on the current group of fragile arms to piece together another season?

Are you going to pay Pujols to be one of the worst 1B in the league or are you going to try to upgrade?

Cozart should be back and healthy.  Did Fletcher do enough to earn a starting job at 2B and keep Cozart at 3B? A year of Cozart at 3B would have put us much higher in the yearly rankings.  Valbueana had the most PA at 3B this year.

Man I know they're going to run Pujols out there like they did this year and it's going to be terrible. Ohtani will miss games because of it. 

I'd like to see Cozart at 3rd and Fletcher at 2nd. I'd like Wil Myers at 1st with Ohtani DH, but as long as Pujols is here, they're going to trot him out there. At this point I think I'd rather have Thaiss than Pujols, or JMF even with his lack of power.

4 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

Man I know they're going to run Pujols out there like they did this year and it's going to be terrible. Ohtani will miss games because of it. 

I'd like to see Cozart at 3rd and Fletcher at 2nd. I'd like Wil Myers at 1st with Ohtani DH, but as long as Pujols is here, they're going to trot him out there. At this point I think I'd rather have Thaiss than Pujols, or JMF even with his lack of power.

If Donaldson is healthy, I'd check out to see what years and money it would cost to bring him in.  Having someone like Donaldson at 3B means Cozart moves to 2B and Fletcher can plug in where needed...that's a lot of productive depth and Ward can continue to work on his game in AAA.

23 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

If Donaldson is healthy, I'd check out to see what years and money it would cost to bring him in.  Having someone like Donaldson at 3B means Cozart moves to 2B and Fletcher can plug in where needed...that's a lot of productive depth and Ward can continue to work on his game in AAA.

lady gaga applause GIF

41 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

You can’t put it all on Pujols ... he was actually the bright spot at 1B which is sad. 

It's not all on him...I don't blame it all on him. It's the damn organization. Just incompetence all around in my opinion the past few years.

But I'm not going to sugar coat it. I do not like Albert Pujols as a player on my favorite baseball team. He doesn't deserve to play and he's eating a huge chunk of our payroll. I cannot stand watching the dude and cannot wait till he is gone.

There are 433 qualified batting seasons in the majors over the last three years. Of those 433 seasons, Albert has the 2nd and 23rd worst seasons by fWAR (2017 and 2018); he is the only player to have two seasons in the top 23; the next player to have two seasons is Chris Davis (1st and 30th).

Albert's 2016 is 60th of 433, so also very bad. 

Albert's fWAR rank by year:

2018: #134 of 143

2017: #144 of 144

2016: #131 of 146

Most of us realize just how bad Albert has been the last few years, but that makes it crystal clear that he should not be playing baseball, or at least starting, on a team that is at all serious in reaching the postseason. He is a bad player - one of the worst in baseball. 

#benchpujols

14 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

There are 433 qualified batting seasons in the majors over the last three years. Of those 433 seasons, Albert has the 2nd and 23rd worst seasons by fWAR (2017 and 2018); he is the only player to have two seasons in the top 23; the next player to have two seasons is Chris Davis (1st and 30th).

Most of us realize just how bad Albert has been the last few years, but that makes it crystal clear that he should not be playing baseball, or at least starting, on a team that is at all serious in reaching the postseason. He is a bad player - one of the worst in baseball. 

#benchpujols

Reminds me of little league where the coach has to play the sucky fat kid for sportsmanship reasons.

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

#benchpujols

1982 RBIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

#benchpujols

I don't understand how the rest of the organization doesn't see this.  This can't be a in game revenue thing either, no fan is going to games to watch that waste of space.