• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Donaldson

kevinb

I think he's worth looking into after the season but there is no point right now.

The positions he'd possibly play - 3B, 1B, DH - are covered and I think, since we are out of it, we should take it as an opportunity to see what Ward can do with 100+ PAs.

I know Ward is struggling offensively but, just for perspective, Trout was hitting .157 .214 .528 OPS 14 games/66 PA's into his career.  We need to see if he's closer to Glaus/Figgy vs Wood/Cowart.

The Jays are not just gonna give him away,they can hold on to him and give him a qualifying offer and get a draft pick.If he takes the offer next year they can trade him mid-season after he re-establishes his value.I  think it would take a decent prospect to have the same value as the pick next year. I think I read that the QO is around $18 million next year.

38 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The Jays are not just gonna give him away,they can hold on to him and give him a qualifying offer and get a draft pick.If he takes the offer next year they can trade him mid-season after he re-establishes his value.I  think it would take a decent prospect to have the same value as the pick next year. I think I read that the QO is around $18 million next year.

the reason why Blue Jays are putting him on waivers, is they don't want to offer him an qualifying offer. They are afraid he'll take it!

1 hour ago, mulwin444 said:

I think he's worth looking into after the season but there is no point right now.

The positions he'd possibly play - 3B, 1B, DH - are covered and I think, since we are out of it, we should take it as an opportunity to see what Ward can do with 100+ PAs.

I know Ward is struggling offensively but, just for perspective, Trout was hitting .157 .214 .528 OPS 14 games/66 PA's into his career.  We need to see if he's closer to Glaus/Figgy vs Wood/Cowart.

I agree on Ward. I just meant for a flyer to see if he’s a good fit for next year. We could play him at first. Just thought it was an idea. I get someone else probably will need him for playoffs but figured it was an idea. 

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Dude had a .944 OPS as recently as last season. Would be worth taking a flyer on (in the off-season) if he could be had for cheap.

Of course, it's the Angels, so he'd hit .190 with 0 HR through May 15.

This gives me flashbacks of Gary Gaetti. And Gaetti was healthy when he came to Anaheim.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

not a chance.  he'll get a 1yr deal to rebuild his value.  

This is probably the case. IMO, he’s going to try to rebuild his value to earn a three to four year deal. If he does well, he will probably want longer. But with the way contracts went last year, I can’t see him getting any longer than that with how old he is already. Even four years would be pushing it. I would love to take a flier on him for one year though.