• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

September Could Be Interesting

mulwin444

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

It’s not immoral, they are both in the business of improving the product and getting more customers.  No reason at all they can’t do exactly what I suggest.  It’s a big story because it is being covered.  If the networks that provide the games didn’t cover it, it would go away.  

The TV networks have nothing to do about improving the product.  They do what’s best for ratings and the storyline.   It’s a big story regardless of whether they show it or not.   People care.  I don’t care but others do.  

7 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

People keep deflecting the attention away from the actual issue being raised. These players are NOT protesting the flag, or the anthem, or your feelings. They are simply (and peacefully) bringing attention to an issue they feel is worth more attention. 

Honestly if it bothers you that much, you are probably afraid to even address the issue of racism. Which means you probably harbor some racist feelings yourself.

Please tell me again why they are protesting? I thought it was police brutality? Then it was social injustice? Then it was Trump? Now it’s what racism? Ok got it. Oh and @Glen thanks white guy? Sounds mighty racist don’t ya think? Or do I got that wrong too? 

2 hours ago, OregonLAA said:

The protestors aren’t disrespecting the flag nor do they hate America. Why does that continue to be said?

They aren’t disrespecting the flag according to your feelings. But that’s just your feelings. For me and many Americans it’s disrespectful to the flag. Just because you don’t feel that way doesn’t mean me feeling that was is any less valid. 

If someone goes to shake your hand and you are sitting and the other is standing and you are fully capable of standing is that disrespectful to the person? Would you do that in business? No you wouldn’t. So how is kneeling while the anthem is playing not disrespectful?

There is unintentionally hilarious shit in this thread and, while the clueless will remain so, let's get this thread back on course.

If you feel strongly about it, start a "we stand for the anthem while humming 'God Bless America' while fapping to the rippling, wind blown flag in public" thread and you all can give each other virtual backrubs and assure yourselves it's those "other people" that don't get it and will one day be sorry when someone sternly chastises them for not removing their hat inside when a virgin leaves the table during the 4th of July under a picture of Teddy Roosevelt giving his horse 'Rascal' a handy.

In other words, 3-2 on this road trip...looking real interesting if Ohtani can get into the 4th/5th inning by mid-month. 

10 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

There is unintentionally hilarious shit in this thread and, while the clueless will remain so, let's get this thread back on course.

If you feel strongly about it, start a "we stand for the anthem while humming 'God Bless America' while fapping to the rippling, wind blown flag in public" thread and you all can give each other virtual backrubs and assure yourselves it's those "other people" that don't get it and will one day be sorry when someone sternly chastises them for not removing their hat inside when a virgin leaves the table during the 4th of July under a picture of Teddy Roosevelt giving his horse 'Rascal' a handy.

In other words, 3-2 on this road trip...looking real interesting if Ohtani can get into the 4th/5th inning by mid-month. 

Love your attitude about it. Because someone has a different viewpoint. Always fun having discussions where both sides have been nice. And then someone has to go and do what you’ve done. Solid as always. 

20 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Love your attitude about it. Because someone has a different viewpoint. Always fun having discussions where both sides have been nice. And then someone has to go and do what you’ve done. Solid as always. 

I didn't derail the thread to begin with...just bringing it back to the topic.

17 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Baker Mayfield got his a$$ kicked by the police. He took responsibility.

It would be a different story if he was shot and killed by the police...I understand doing their jobs and keeping the streets safe from crime and violence, but situations that don't warrant fatal force because they are fearful for their safety based on the race involved is the problem with the whole situation. Black individuals have been shot and killed for much less than Baker Mayfield did. I understand that all situations are unique (or so they should be) as much uncle is a police officer in Long Beach, but people are human and its human nature to bring personal judgements and bias to the workplace even if its against the code of conduct. You can make inherently racist decisions without knowing you are doing so. That is why they kneel, that is why they protest. It has nothing to do with the flag or the anthem. People choose to make it about that to detract from the true meaning behind it. You are disrespected about how they approach the anthem and they are disrespected by the violence taking place in the streets that you cannot possibly comprehend unless you have lived your entire life as a minority whom has lived the violence or discrimination. Understand that differences in perspectives exist before you condemn someone else's actions or beliefs.

13 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Please tell me again why they are protesting? I thought it was police brutality? Then it was social injustice? Then it was Trump? Now it’s what racism? Ok got it. Oh and @Glen thanks white guy? Sounds mighty racist don’t ya think? Or do I got that wrong too? 

It's always been police shooting unarmed black men and trying to bring attention to this problem. 

On 9/1/2018 at 7:59 PM, yk9001 said:

Jesus H. Christ, where do we get some of these posters?

Since you asked, this poster comes from the basket of deplorables who cling to their guns or religion, and from those who served this country and fought for the freedom to trash the flag/anthem and the freedom to criticize those who trash the flag/anthem. 

I love the optimism!!!! We have a .750 Winning % on odd numbered Wednesdays in even months! And a .800 Winning % on even days that are cloudy compared to sunny!!!!

HAHAHAHAHHA...………  We suck at the game of baseball. pure and simple!

I can't wait to read the replies.... If Kole hit like this for his first 200 ab's and we had just 2 of the 15 Starting pitchers that went out.... blah blah blah.....

Off to Football~