• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

September Could Be Interesting

mulwin444

51 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Is It their right to protest absolutely. Are they pissing off a lot of people absolutely. That includes every single military member that I know personally. Might want to think of another form of protest, instead of disrespecting the men and women who give them the freedom to protest in the first place. 

And yet I know many military veterans personally who are not offended.  Guess it depends on who you know.

9 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

I don’t know a single military person offended by any of this. Agree with maybe not so much. When Kaep met with a navy seal he asked him to kneel rather than sit down. Kaep did just that out of respect for what the man had to say. Anything after that is people hiding blindly behind their own agenda

Pretty much

42 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

I don’t know a single military person offended by any of this. Agree with maybe not so much. When Kaep met with a navy seal he asked him to kneel rather than sit down. Kaep did just that out of respect for what the man had to say. Anything after that is people hiding blindly behind their own agenda

See the point of it is there are people who are pissed and people who aren't. But to tell someone else how they should feel because it is their right is different. Similarly to tell them not to protest is stupid, I would prefer they don't if they do it is what it is. But I don't like it and I won't support the team or players who do. Which is my right. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I would just rather they not protest the National Anthem. It pisses me off when someone is wearing a hat when it's playing, or sitting down when it's playing. I just don't like it. Why piss off 50% of your fan base?

17 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

See the point of it is there are people who are pissed and people who aren't. But to tell someone else how they should feel because it is their right is different. Similarly to tell them not to protest is stupid, I would prefer they don't if they do it is what it is. But I don't like it and I won't support the team or players who do. Which is my right. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I would just rather they not protest the National Anthem. It pisses me off when someone is wearing a hat when it's playing, or sitting down when it's playing. I just don't like it. Why piss off 50% of your fan base?

They are not protesting the anthem...

They are protesting what they believe is cultural and societal inequities while the Anthem is being played...quiet protest.

It might be better all around if they didn't play the anthem before games at all

3 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

They are not protesting the anthem...

They are protesting what they believe is cultural and societal inequities while the Anthem is being played...quiet protest.

It might be better all around if they didn't play the anthem before games at all

They are protesting during the anthem. Which they can say they aren't protesting the anthem and that's fine. But when the majority are standing and putting their hand over their heart or just standing in silence. It is protesting the flag whether they like it or not.

And no thank you I really enjoy listening to the anthem before games. It's a beautiful thing. If they don't want to stand for it don't stand for it or stay in the locker room. But it doesn't mean it isn't pissing off 50% of your customer base. 

10 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

They are protesting during the anthem. Which they can say they aren't protesting the anthem and that's fine. But when the majority are standing and putting their hand over their heart or just standing in silence. It is protesting the flag whether they like it or not.

And no thank you I really enjoy listening to the anthem before games. It's a beautiful thing. If they don't want to stand for it don't stand for it or stay in the locker room. But it doesn't mean it isn't pissing off 50% of your customer base. 

I leave symbols to the symbol-minded

Protests are supposed to be uncomfortable...otherwise it's not an effective protest.

28 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Protests are supposed to be uncomfortable...otherwise it's not an effective protest.

So you agree the national anthem and flag is a symbol of our country. Kneeling towards it is disrespectful. Agree to disagree. We are obviously on two different sides of the spectrum. Life goes on. 

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So you agree the national anthem and flag is a symbol of our country. Kneeling towards it is disrespectful. Agree to disagree. We are obviously on two different sides of the spectrum. Life goes on. 

I agree they have symbolic meaning for people hence why it makes an effective protest...and no I don't agree quietly kneeling while the national anthem is playing, disrupting no one nor preventing them from standing and observing the anthem in their own way, is disrespectful.

But, yeah, agree to disagree 

On 8/31/2018 at 4:30 PM, 70runner said:

Here's a few during the US national anthem at Wembley, after which they stood up for "God Save the Queen". 

8f45c2755ed07043ea47bd8c5e14ec23

At least they are still.

The true disgrace was Wayne Collett in the 1972 Olympics, who after winning the silver medal in the 400 meters seemingly goofed around on the stand during the anthem, playing with his medal and being flippant.

Sorry Lou,

Bruin

8 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

...and any good protest should not be without risk.  If there are no risks to the protester, there is no protest.  

See the source image

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

The NFL should go to CBS, NBC, FOX and ESPN and instruct them not to show the kneeling players during the telecast.   It’s ruining the brand for the league which in turn affects the ratings so it hurts the networks.  

Hmm...  that might be a tad on the immoral side.  That’s part of the story.  It gives them a talking point.  The lower ratings of the game gives them a week of fodder to chew on the other 8,000 outlets.  

56 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Hmm...  that might be a tad on the immoral side.  That’s part of the story.  It gives them a talking point.  The lower ratings of the game gives them a week of fodder to chew on the other 8,000 outlets.  

It’s not immoral, they are both in the business of improving the product and getting more customers.  No reason at all they can’t do exactly what I suggest.  It’s a big story because it is being covered.  If the networks that provide the games didn’t cover it, it would go away.  

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

I wish black people didn't have reason to protest. Then we'd be a lot closer to being united.

It’s a shame we live in a free country. Where you can protest how you want to protest. Do whatever it is u want to do being as it’s legal. Be who ever you want to be. Make how ever much you want to make money wise if you work hard enough at it. Nothing’s perfect but it’s pretty damn good over here. 

People keep deflecting the attention away from the actual issue being raised. These players are NOT protesting the flag, or the anthem, or your feelings. They are simply (and peacefully) bringing attention to an issue they feel is worth more attention. 

Honestly if it bothers you that much, you are probably afraid to even address the issue of racism. Which means you probably harbor some racist feelings yourself.