• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

JMF Called Up

it's weird to say and I know I sound like a prospect homer, but he's probably 3rd or 4th best hitter on the team.  

In fact, he's not even really a prospect at this point.  There just wasn't room for him on the major league roster but he's a major league hitter for sure.  I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

it's weird to say and I know I sound like a prospect homer, but he's probably 3rd or 4th best hitter on the team.  

In fact, he's not even really a prospect at this point.  There just wasn't room for him on the major league roster but he's a major league hitter for sure.  I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.  

Hopefully he plays consistently 

14 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

@Chuckster70, I hope he is ready.  I don't doubt he will be an upgrade over Valbuena.  I hope he can make good things happen.  

JMF will be a nice addition to replace Ohtani in the lineup, but we still are without Simmons and have to deal with Pujols/Valbuena/Marte. 

I really hope Eppler makes a move or two, just like the Mariners did when they lost Cano. 

I really wish they just would have made this move earlier. Before it would have been "Angels call up red-hot Fernandez to bolster Angels lineup" but not it's "Angels try to soften huge blow by calling calling up red-hot Fernandez. Oh well.

I too believe that Fernandez automatically becomes one of the better hits on this team. I see Fernandez as something of a left-handed Simmons with more pop (obviously minus the glove). He is tough to strike out (only 8% k-rate) and makes a ton of contact.

23 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Certainly can't be any worse than Calhoun, Kinsler, Cozart, Maldonado, Valbuena, Pujols, and Chris Young have been.

Perhaps this is the silver lining in all of the bad news...  JMF is a great story.  I love Cuban players - especially those who have gone through all the trials associated with trying to defect.  Baseball is easy compared to what they've gone through and they're fearless on the baseball diamond.  They have a different perspective.  Baseball isn't pressure.  Again, JMF is a great story - and it will be interesting to see the next chapter unfold.  When you read his story - you can't help, but root for this guy. 

Angels baseball may have become a little less "fun" with the news about Ohtani - but there is plenty of reasons to still watch, IMO. JMF is one of those reasons, along with the absolutely historic season Trout is "quietly" putting together. 

Sometimes teams rally around adversity.  I hope the Angels do just that.  Everything I read says they have a great clubhouse - those guys will rally around one another.

I am hopeful that JMF becomes the next feel-good story of the year.  I'm rooting for it. 

Just now, True Grich said:

Perhaps this is the silver lining in all of the bad news...  JMF is a great story.  I love Cuban players - especially those who have gone through all the trials associated with trying to defect.  Baseball is easy compared to what they've gone through and they're fearless on the baseball diamond.  They have a different perspective.  Baseball isn't pressure.  Again, JMF is a great story - and it will be interesting to see the next chapter unfold.  When you read his story - you can't help, but root for this guy. 

Angels baseball may have become a little less "fun" with the news about Ohtani - but there is plenty of reasons to still watch, IMO. JMF is one of those reasons, along with the absolutely historic season Trout is "quietly" putting together. 

Sometimes teams rally around adversity.  I hope the Angels do just that.  Everything I read says they have a great clubhouse - those guys will rally around one another.

I am hopeful that JMF becomes the next feel-good story of the year.  I'm rooting for it. 

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

JMF will be a nice addition to replace Ohtani in the lineup, but we still are without Simmons and have to deal with Pujols/Valbuena/Marte. 

I really hope Eppler makes a move or two, just like the Mariners did when they lost Cano. 

I said this in an earlier thread, but I'd pick up the phone with KC and try to get Moustakis at this point. Put him at 3B, Cozart at SS, and Valbuena and JMF to handle 1B. Pujols to the DH. My offer is Ward and Hermosillo.