• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's time...

Chuck

41 minutes ago, stormngt said:

You would replace hi with at least 500k.  Maybe replace him with a valbueno for another 8 million?

U don’t think one of our prospects 1st base or someone could have a slash line of 249 280 399? Ok so say you had to spend 10 million dollars on someone to perform better which I highly doubt but wouldn’t it be in the best interest of the club. I don’t know I think of it in terms of business would I rather have on my payroll someone who’s not very good or pay more and get someone to do the job and fire the one who’s not. Pujols is what it is now. So do u just punt on the next 3 years after this one at first? 

36 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

U don’t think one of our prospects 1st base or someone could have a slash line of 249 280 399? Ok so say you had to spend 10 million dollars on someone to perform better which I highly doubt but wouldn’t it be in the best interest of the club. I don’t know I think of it in terms of business would I rather have on my payroll someone who’s not very good or pay more and get someone to do the job and fire the one who’s not. Pujols is what it is now. So do u just punt on the next 3 years after this one at first? 

Personally I  not sure anyone we bring up would do significantly better.  We have Kinsler and Cahhoun doing much worse.  Last year I debated everyone on this board that Pujols should bat of Calhoun. 

If we have players significantly better than Pujols than why have we been so pathetic in the outfield, 3b, and 2nd for so long?

19 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Personally I  not sure anyone we bring up would do significantly better.  We have Kinsler and Cakhoun doing much worse.  Last year I debated everyone on this board that Pujols should bat of Calhoun. 

If we have players significantly better than Pukols than why have we been so pathetic in the outfield, 3b, and 2nd for so long

Your spelling is starting to intrude on my reading comprehension. Pujols should bat of Calhoun? I don’t know why we have been so pathetic in those areas? Bad scouting? Not enough resources? Bad drafts? First and DH are probably the easiest of positions to fill though out of all of those.

28 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

We likely have someone on the farm who could be as shitty as pujols. But what would be the point? It doesnt help the big team. It doesnt save the albert money. It actually adds money, because thr new guy gets a raise. And last but not least, thr whole point of having a farm system is to develop. 

Its not worth rushing development for something that wont notably improve or save money.

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Your spelling is starting to intrude on my reading comprehension. Pujols should bat of Calhoun? I don’t know why we have been so pathetic in those areas? Bad scouting? Not enough resources? Bad drafts? First and DH are probably the easiest of positions to fill though out of all of those.

Complaining about spelling is not allowed on AW. The rules state you can alert @EnglishCop, no more, no less.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

We likely have someone on the farm who could be as shitty as pujols. But what would be the point? It doesnt help the big team. It doesnt save the albert money. It actually adds money, because thr new guy gets a raise. And last but not least, thr whole point of having a farm system is to develop. 

Its not worth rushing development for something that wont notably improve or save money.

Do you believe development stops when you become a MLB hitter and i doubt the paltry 300-600k is going to make or break this payroll

49 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Do you believe development stops when you become a MLB hitter and i doubt the paltry 300-600k is going to make or break this payroll

Its not about 600k being paltry...its spending 600k for no better result. 

And yes, development takes a huge hit. This is why guys that make the bigs at 21 or so are news stories.

Youre suggesting throwing someone in to the octagon because theyve been rolling jiujitsu for a year. No amatuer fights yet, but they wrestled in high school and went to masters.

Still cant fight standing up, but the guy we sponsor got knocked out his last 3 fights in the UFC, and were sick of that.

The new guy will get his ass kicked, wont even get to flex hisnrolling skills because he still doesnt know how to box. But his purse will only be 600k. He can still learn things by getting dominated.

The guy who hes replacing will still get the rest of his contract. But lets throw the kid in there whos not ready because the fans want to see some new guy theyve never heard of get knocked out instead of the guy they know...

Solid plan.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its not about 600k being paltry...its spending 600k for no better result. 

And yes, development takes a huge hit. This is why guys that make the bigs at 21 or so are news stories.

Youre suggesting throwing someone in to the octagon because theyve been rolling jiujitsu for a year. No amatuer fights yet, but they wrestled in high school and went to masters.

Still cant fight standing up, but the guy we sponsor got knocked out his last 3 fights in the UFC, and were sick of that.

The new guy will get his ass kicked, wont even get to flex hisnrolling skills because he still doesnt know how to box. But his purse will only be 600k. He can still learn things by getting dominated.

The guy who hes replacing will still get the rest of his contract. But lets throw the kid in there whos not ready because the fans want to see some new guy theyve never heard of get knocked out instead of the guy they know...

Solid plan.

So now baseball is fighting. I forgot are u still hitting a ball that’s being pitched? All over the baseball it’s getting younger and younger yet we have a 42 year old first baseman who’s slugging 399 with an obp under 290 and u don’t think one of our prospects could post that at the easiest position on the field? If that’s the case our minor leagues aren’t nearly good enough as some of you guys think. 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So now baseball is fighting. I forgot are u still hitting a ball that’s being pitched? All over the baseball it’s getting younger and younger yet we have a 42 year old first baseman who’s slugging 399 with an obp under 290 and u don’t think one of our prospects could post that at the easiest position on the field? If that’s the case our minor leagues aren’t nearly good enough as some of you guys think. 

You have said numerous times you aren’t familiar with our minor leagues.  So why would you try to argue that our minors aren’t as good as we think?  There’s absolutely no reason to rush a guy up that isn’t ready to get a minimal immediate gain.   

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

You have said numerous times you aren’t familiar with our minor leagues.  So why would you try to argue that our minors aren’t as good as we think?  There’s absolutely no reason to rush a guy up that isn’t ready to get a minimal immediate gain.   

My only question is do u not think there’s someone in the minors who could put up what Pujols is doing? Everyone talks about how good these guys are. If anything I’m saying our minors can produce more than what Pujols is doing right now 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

My only question is do u not think there’s someone in the minors who could put up what Pujols is doing? Everyone talks about how good these guys are. If anything I’m saying our minors can produce more than what Pujols is doing right now 

Albert is hitting about .220 since May 4th with 3 RBI.

Yeah, I think he could sit and someone else might put up equal or better numbers at this point. And run much faster.

Of course there is somebody who can outproduce Pujols that's in SLC. 

They have proven time and time again that they will not bench Albert Pujols though. Hell, they won't even move him out of the middle of the lineup. It just isn't happening this year. Probably not next year, either.

Thaiss will be ready next year. It will be interesting If they keep giving Pujols everyday at bats over him. 

17 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Maybe.   But why bring up a guy who needs more development in the minors to give you what Albert is giving you?  

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

Maybe.   But why bring up a guy who needs more development in the minors to give you what Albert is giving you?  

Speed u can always develop while they are up as well. And I think they could produce more than Pujols 

10 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Speed u can always develop while they are up as well. And I think they could produce more than Pujols 

The guy they would most likely call up to play 1st has all of one game of AAA experience.   He's not ready and it's not worth rushing him and possibly setting him back just to get rid of AP.

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Its not about getting younger. We are. Its just gonna take time.

It would be like moving someone up from 7th grade to college, because the college kids are stupid. The 7th grader is smart, looks to be smart...but still isnt ready.

The problem is (and whoever follows the minors, feel free to correct me), we dont have inhouse replacements at 1B...yet. i think either thaisse or marsh play 1B, but theyre still in low minors. So we dont have anyone whos likely to be better than pujols right now. And we wouldnt save any money.

Maybe by next summer its different. But its better to develop the next core than potentially ruin them...especially if we arent fixing the bullpen.

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its not about getting younger. We are. Its just gonna take time.

It would be like moving someone up from 7th grade to college, because the college kids are stupid. The 7th grader is smart, looks to be smart...but still isnt ready.

The problem is (and whoever follows the minors, feel free to correct me), we dont have inhouse replacements at 1B...yet. i think either thaisse or marsh play 1B, but theyre still in low minors. So we dont have anyone whos likely to be better than pujols right now. And we wouldnt save any money.

Maybe by next summer its different. But its better to develop the next core than potentially ruin them...especially if we arent fixing the bullpen.

We could use Fernandez to play at 1B.  His bat looks legitimate and he can also play 2B, 3B.  He could basically take over the Valbuena role of 1B/3B coverage at a fraction of the price.

Thaiss is in AAA now, but he just got there and realistically is not ready to take over.