• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's time...

Chuck

26 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Sorry but I don't agree with that. Who you have in front of or behind you effects what kind of pitches you see. Why throw meatballs to a batter if you know you have someone hitting .200 behind them?

Ok so do u think Pujols hits better if Trout was behind him ? Also do u think it’s a big difference who bats behind the person. Is Manny the same player he was with out Papi batting behind him? Does it change someone’s career from average to good? Simmons has Cozart hitting behind him does that mean Simmons would hit better if he was batting higher in the line up? 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ok so do u think Pujols hits better if Trout was behind him ? Also do u think it’s a big difference who bats behind the person. Is Manny the same player he was with out Papi batting behind him? Does it change someone’s career from average to good? Simmons has Cozart hitting behind him does that mean Simmons would hit better if he was batting higher in the line up? 

Yes, I think if Trout were behind Pujols he would be do better than he is now....but at this point in his career that's not likely to be much better. As far as Simmons, I think he would be the perfect number 2 hitter on this team. I believe putting Cozart in front of Simmons and Trout would cause a domino effect that would put a much more balanced lineup together. In an ideal world the lineup would be Cozart (solid protection), Simmons (will no doubt get good pitches to hit), Trout (cannot be walked with the thought people will be on in front of him and power behind him), Ohtani (see Trout), Upton (See Ohtani), Pujols (plenty of people on base), Kinsler (no pressure of getting on base), Calhoun (black hole), Maldonado (OBP following him on the wrap around) 

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Yes, I think if Trout were behind Pujols he would be do better than he is now....but at this point in his career that's not likely to be much better. As far as Simmons, I think he would be the perfect number 2 hitter on this team. I believe putting Cozart in front of Simmons and Trout would cause a domino effect that would put a much more balanced lineup together. In an ideal world the lineup would be Cozart (solid protection), Simmons (will no doubt get good pitches to hit), Trout (cannot be walked with the thought people will be on in front of him and power behind him), Ohtani (see Trout), Upton (See Ohtani), Pujols (plenty of people on base), Kinsler (no pressure of getting on base), Calhoun (black hole), Maldonado (OBP following him on the wrap around) 

Ok with all that said what about the other question. With how much do u think other people in the line up effect each other. Enough to make a huge difference in career or marginally?

6 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

You mean the ever rotating of players in the lineup every single day?

Anyone else remember when the board constantly complained about Scioscia and his set lineups? Same thing with his bullpen, btw. 

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Except that in May, Valnobuena’s OPS has to be under .500.    Time is running out.

that being said, he should only be in the lineup vs LHP, but we all know how people here hate platoons. 

26 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

When you bravely (cowardly) take the time to use a keyboard to call out posters as stupid or idiotic you are definitely handling that wrong. There’s no reason to be condescending to anyone here unless they directly do that to you. Unfortunately your NPD won’t allow you to recognize that but I know it’s not your fault. Perhaps you could get some assistance with that. 

https://narcissist.supportgroups.com/

When you bravely (cowardly) take the time to use a keyboard to call someone a narcissist you should at least be aware of what that actually is.    As usual, you're popping off ignorantly.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

You lie...  constantly.  You misrepresent opinions as facts and do so brazenly.  When you puff your internet chest out and make comments like ...  "Projection systems overrate guys coming off a big year"  and the reality is the complete opposite then it's not a matter of opinion, it's just you are wrong and deserve to be called on it.  

A narcissist tends to have a very high opinion of himself and his opinions and hates when others don't see it his way or when he gets called out on them.   You are mad I called you out on your BS and instead of owning up to it you are projecting ... it's hilarious.   I have zero issues with people disagreeing with me or thinking I'm an asshole..  None.. particularly when the person doing it likes to hide behind "I'm really a nice guy and I like everyone" anytime his trolling blows up in his face.

It's really pretty easy Clod,.... Stop pretending it's okay to make false idiotic statements and then hide behind the "it's my opinion excuse".   Stop pretending you don't crave the attention and aren't guilty of constantly trolling this board.   You have openly stated point blank you get a kick out of pissing people off.   

Tell you what -- you can think me a narcissist..  Ill simply consider the source, Stupid. 

Edited by Inside Pitch

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I know you jest, but this is actually a better ball club if you replace Pujols, Kinsler, Valbuena and Calhoun with Fernandez, Fletcher, Blash and Hermosillo.

Except the team is 13-19 in their last 32 games and plummeting quickly towards .500.

Does anyone remember when people here would say that games in April count the same as games in (insert name of month here)? 

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ok with all that said what about the other question. With how much do u think other people in the line up effect each other. Enough to make a huge difference in career or marginally?

Somewhere in between. If you're talented you will be successful, just not quite as much as if you had the right pieces behind you. I.e. people need protection whether its in front of or behind them. Small sample size but look at what Torii did when he was moved to the 2 spot in Anaheim.

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

This whole debate is the most nauseating part about this board. Both sides go around in circles all day

I honestly wonder if some of you have jobs or girlfriends or go to school or what the hell you do

Now I'm singing like Billy Preston, in my mind.    Ahh, that's more like it. 

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I"m telling you people... the ignore function is a beautiful thing.

That only works if the other person isn't the sort of feline that quotes you and tries to misrepresent what you say and then others point it out to you.   But, it's cool, they are really a nice guy and they like everyone.

This message board would be much much easier if people were just a tad more truthful and if their motivation to post was to actually talk about the team and not try to piss others off.  

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That only works if the other person isn't the sort of feline that quotes you and tries to misrepresent what you say and then others point it out to you.   But, it's cool, they are really a nice guy and they like everyone.

This message board would be much much easier if people were just a tad more truthful and if their motivation to post was to actually talk about the team and not try to piss others off.  

The fish isn't going to get hooked if doesn't take the bait. 

It's a bit odd trying to follow conversations when you block some people (I have 4 or 5 blocked), but it beats the alternative, IMO.   And I don't worry about what I can't see.

Just now, True Grich said:

The fish isn't going to get hooked if doesn't take the bait. 

It's a bit odd trying to follow conversations when you block some people (I have 4 or 5 blocked), but it beats the alternative, IMO.   And I don't worry about what I can't see.

The fish won't say shit if you dynamite them either...  just sayin... LOL

You've always been a class act going back to our days on the Scout boards.   I applaud your discipline and ability to turn the other cheek.   

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

You've always been a class act going back to our days on the Scout boards.   I applaud your discipline and ability to turn the other cheek.   

And you are still the 800lb gorilla.  I wouldn't want it any other way.

19 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I"m telling you people... the ignore function is a beautiful thing.

Who said that???!

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Now I'm singing like Billy Preston, in my mind.    Ahh, that's more like it. 

Now I am, too.

"Nothing from nothing leaves nothing . And you gotta have something, if you wanna be with me"

36 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

It's the Long Beach State blood in True Grich, not to mention Bobby Grich himself growing up in LB.    And concur

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Pujols absolutely. Cozart might be a little early since u just signed him and Calhoun if he didn’t pick up in the next month I’d contemplate it. U don’t just have to cut them u could trade them and eat most their contract. Maybe someone would pay half? Pujols no ones touching that and I think he’s got a no trade clause. 

That's my point.  Not many owners are going to dump Pujols contract and then pay for his replacement 

56 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Somewhere in between. If you're talented you will be successful, just not quite as much as if you had the right pieces behind you. I.e. people need protection whether its in front of or behind them. Small sample size but look at what Torii did when he was moved to the 2 spot in Anaheim.

Ya good point on the Torii comp but is it more his power was losing steam and he was more just trying to hit for contact more or batting 2nd. And do we see the net results more because the 3 4 5 hitters are usually the ones driving people in. People keep saying Simmons doesn’t like to hit at the top of the order. Is it because he doesn’t want the pressure to get on base ? Or something else? Also did he specifically say something like that or are people just assuming?

4 minutes ago, stormngt said:

That's my point.  Not many owners are going to dump Pujols contract and then pay for his replacement 

I get that but it’s not likely u have to pay Pujols the 25 mil a year and then sign another 25 mil player. That’s the whole reason we have a farm system. While he’s producing in some situations. It’s not like his numbers justify him playing every day. And I don’t know this answer but do we not have someone in the minors that we could plug in at first and dh and bat 240 something w an obp of 280 and a slg of 399. It’s probably not getting any better either because every day is another day older and on those feet and legs who knows if it’ll stay healthy the full season

6 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I get that but it’s not likely u have to pay Pujols the 25 mil a year and then sign another 25 mil player. That’s the whole reason we have a farm system. While he’s producing in some situations. It’s not like his numbers justify him playing every day. And I don’t know this answer but do we not have someone in the minors that we could plug in at first and dh and bat 240 something w an obp of 280 and a slg of 399. It’s probably not getting any better either because every day is another day older and on those feet and legs who knows if it’ll stay healthy the full season

You would replace hi with at least 500k.  Maybe replace him with a valbueno for another 8 million?

3 hours ago, Adam said:

I'm guessing if you look at all of their playoff seasons they had at least 1 stretch of 13-19 or worse. Most teams have stretches like this every season

Agreed.

I was saying in april it was fun, but too good to last. I think right now is ugly as hell, but too ugly to last.

Thr pen is and will be a problem. But the offense will wake up eventually.

Its like assuming trout will slump the rest of the year.