• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Problem with looking at standings too soon.

We are one game back in the lost column to Houston.  However Houston has not played Cleveland, and Boston, 

We are tied with Seattle in loss column but they have yet to play Boston and Yankees and only played Houston 4 games while we played them 6.  

The schedule evens itself out in the long haul of the season.  I feel pretty good about our position right now.  Kole is going to play better.  We do need to improve the Pen.  But i feel we have a good shot at the division!

Excellent point Storm.  You really can't project the games played so far as to the ultimate result, or for that matter draw definitive end conclusions.  Nothing is linear in baseball because the season is so long.  Yet every day many fans like to discuss who is and who is not going to finish the season in a playoff position, who will be the MVP's, Cy Young winners, and what not only will happen this year, but next as well.  Patience never has defined baseball fans.  Literally they have their focus on result over the season versus what the teams and players focus on, which is result literally in today's game, AB's and individual pitches.  Even for teams like Boston and New York this year, nothing is for sure over their remaining games.  We don't know yet whether they can maintain the pace set so far, keep everyone healthy, or stay out of prolonged slumps.  For every team the emphasis should be on winning today's game, improving performance during the season, improving the roster during the season, and staying healthy and productive. 

Great point, we've also been facing some of the best pitchers on those teams. I think I read tonight against Archer will be the 4th All Star SP against us in a row? I agree I like where we are but we could use a legitimate closer in trade. Hopefully Scioscia can manage the bullpen until closer to the trading deadline and Eppler can snag someone. Our odds look good for a playoff shot this year!

You are always the voice of reason and sanity on this website. I usually agree with you. Most people here, myself included, are typical fans, irrational, emotional and impatient for a winning team after many years wandering in the desert of mediocrity. So thank you for your wise counsel, but have some patience for your less mature brethren (and sisterin?). We all want the Angels to reach that promised land. Having said this, I still have that sinking feeling - yes, feeling - that there are too many weaknesses on the Halos to compete in the postseason this year.

4 hours ago, Waybackman said:

You are always the voice of reason and sanity on this website. I usually agree with you. Most people here, myself included, are typical fans, irrational, emotional and impatient for a winning team after many years wandering in the desert of mediocrity. So thank you for your wise counsel, but have some patience for your less mature brethren (and sisterin?). We all want the Angels to reach that promised land. Having said this, I still have that sinking feeling - yes, feeling - that there are too many weaknesses on the Halos to compete in the postseason this year.

I will agree with you that we cant stand pat.  We need to improve in order to stay in the race.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lou said:

I hope so, I'm dying to find out how we're doing 

If you’re wondering how we’re doing stop by the game day thread.  You’ll quickly learn that we are 0-infinity.  

Heres a quick life hack if the game day thread is around 10 pages we won if it’s upwards of 20 that’s iffy, we could have won but our bullpen might have given up a run,  if it’s well over 20, we lost.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 9:46 AM, stormngt said:

We are one game back in the lost column to Houston.  However Houston has not played Cleveland, and Boston, 

We are tied with Seattle in loss column but they have yet to play Boston and Yankees and only played Houston 4 games while we played them 6.  

The schedule evens itself out in the long haul of the season.  I feel pretty good about our position right now.  Kole is going to play better.  We do need to improve the Pen.  But i feel we have a good shot at the division!

Is this excuse still valid?

mariners - 2-1 vs Boston , Yankees tbd 

angels - 0-3 vs Boston . 1-5 vs Yankees 

3 hours ago, nando714 said:

Is this excuse still valid?

mariners - 2-1 vs Boston , Yankees tbd 

angels - 0-3 vs Boston . 1-5 vs Yankees 

Thank you for being an Asshole! Unlike you I am objective and consistent on observations.  

First thing dumbass. is that it was never an excuse. I  was merely stating that the Mariners record was misleading because they have played such a week schedule.   

Second, yes the two wins against Boston is impressive and it may suggest that the Mariners maybe for real.

Finally, still a long season.  Shut the f@@@ up and wait and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

Since this thread was created....

Mariners 21 - 6

Astros 18 - 8

Angels 13 - 13

Actually less bad then I would have expected.   This is less about the Angels being terrible then it is about Seattle being incredibly hot.  Kudos to them and it is theirs to lose but the Angels will definitley have their opportunities to chip away and get back into this thing. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Actually less bad then I would have expected.   This is less about the Angels being terrible then it is about Seattle being incredibly hot.  Kudos to them and it is there’s to lose but the Angels will definitley have their opportunities to chip away and get back into this thing. 

Some guys don’t get that.   They look at what the Mariners are doing and assume it means the Angels are worse than last year.   

18 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

I'm not looking at what any other team is doing. I just see that the Angels have the best player in baseball and the 6th highest payroll and are getting blown out of the second wildcard "race".

The excuse that the other teams are too good is mind boggling.

The highest payroll does not indicate the quality of the players.  It indicates bad contracts