• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Victor Rojas Appreciation

I tend to forget how good Victor is until I have to watch a nationally televised Angels game with someone else doing PBP. I get on Victor for making mistakes, but he understands how to do PBP with the correct "flow". The guy on FS1 tonight talks too damn much.

Rojas will always get at least one hilarious barb in per game.   He's the king of making his feelings known without being a blowhard...   There was a game recently where a hit was ruled an error or something like that..  when it happened he was all.  "They ruled that an error?"  and stopped there.   When the inning ended and when he did the inning run down he made a comment along the lines of -- "inning over, Angels get 2 runs on let's call it four hits"...  Was hilarious and at the same time made his point for him.   Absolutely love the guy.

The guy in SD, Don Orsillo is great too.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Victor is outstanding.  I actually like all the Angels' broadcasters.  I enjoy the banter and camaraderie both broadcast teams have.  They all seem like great guys too.  I also like CJ NItkowski - he's great on mlbnetwork radio - but it doesn't seem normal when Victor is not doing the PBP.  I always wonder if guys like Victor still watch the game or go to the stadium when another team is in the booth.

I like Rojas.  I was working out in the garage with the game on, and the pbp guy seemed like white noise, while Gubi sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

And btw, to that poster who said that Smith gets stuff wrong on his pbp?

MLB Quick Pitch used Smith's call of the ohtani HR.  Smith said it was hit to "centerfield".

tenor.gif?itemid=9083311

34 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Victor is outstanding.  I actually like all the Angels' broadcasters.  I enjoy the banter and camaraderie both broadcast teams have.  They all seem like great guys too.  I also like CJ NItkowski - he's great on mlbnetwork radio - but it doesn't seem normal when Victor is not doing the PBP.  I always wonder if guys like Victor still watch the game or go to the stadium when another team is in the booth.

CJ was quickly becoming one of the best reads on MLB while he was doing that.  Glad he got a gig on the TV end but I miss his articles.

25 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I like Rojas.  I was working out in the garage with the game on, and the pbp guy seemed like white noise, while Gubi sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

And btw, to that poster who said that Smith gets stuff wrong on his pbp?

MLB Quick Pitch used Smith's call of the ohtani HR.  Smith said it was hit to "centerfield".

yk doesn't care one bit about this topic. He just wanted to let everyone know he was working out. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

He just wanted to let everyone know he was working out. 

Haha, my son and I were working.... out in the garage.

Putting together a new ping pong table.

Jeez, those things are a BITCH to put together.

I go running in the morning, before work.

10 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm tired of the "Big Fly" call. 

Terry's "OUTTA HERE!!!" is much more exciting.

You mean when Terry says its "Outta here!" 5+ seconds after the home run passed the fence?  Terry is garbage. Pure garbage.