• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

1st place Halos

Going to be a very difficult year to get in the play-offs. 3, 4 teams battling for that second wild card spot. pretty much have to figure the Yankees or Red Sox have the first one. We should do well in May. already 3-0 to start.

Stay healthy my Halos!

5 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

Going to be a very difficult year to get in the play-offs. 3, 4 teams battling for that second wild card spot. pretty much have to figure the Yankees or Red Sox have the first one. We should do well in May. already 3-0 to start.

Stay healthy my Halos!

Which teams are competing for the wild card spot on May 4th?

Astros, Mariners, Blue Jays?

Honestly, a sweep in Seattle would be big. I know we are just entering, but we have Richards (still waiting on him to start looking like himself), Skaggs, and Ohtani pitching out there. If we can put 3 more games between us and them, then the only team even close in the wild card would be the Blue Jays - who I doubt have staying power this year. So then we can really focus on doing everything we can to stay with the Astros, and a somewhat secure wild card spot becomes our fallback.

6 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Honestly, a sweep in Seattle would be big. I know we are just entering, but we have Richards (still waiting on him to start looking like himself), Skaggs, and Ohtani pitching out there. If we can put 3 more games between us and them, then the only team even close in the wild card would be the Blue Jays - who I doubt have staying power this year. So then we can really focus on doing everything we can to stay with the Astros, and a somewhat secure wild card spot becomes our fallback.

Imagine Ohtani no-hits the Mariners with Dipoto watching live, that would be the greatest gift since Mike Trout. 

59 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Twins season last year seemed like a fluke to me, maybe they will right the ship but they look like a mess right now. 

This, so much this.  I never got how the twins pulled off last year, felt like an anomaly.  
I actually thought they would be better this year, crazy game.  

1 minute ago, Dick Enberg said:

If we can get by that starting pitching of there's, they are showing they can be beat. By no means is the division out of reach.

I agree. The focus should be on winning the division. I don't want to play Boston or NY for a play in game. If we can figure out the 9th inning, we can afford to get 6 innings out of the starters while matching up the 7th and 8th with the rest of the BP.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just get to the post-season this year, and then make necessary improvements for 2019 without hurting the farm too much.

Agreed, but the Angels’ chances of making the playoffs after adding at least one reliever and perhaps a starter would be much better and that’s going to cost.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

They have been awful but every team goes through funks and that division is pure garbage...   They have plenty of time to get healthy playing stiffs...

man, carve this in stone. it's why it's tough to read several of the posts in this forum after a two or three game losing streak. we weren't as good as our 13-3 start, nor were we as bad as our 3-9 funk. 

ebb and flow, people. ebb and flow.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

man, carve this in stone. it's why it's tough to read several of the posts in this forum after a two or three game losing streak. we weren't as good as our 13-3 start, nor were we as bad as our 3-9 funk. 

ebb and flow, people. ebb and flow.

No, you don't understand - the Astros lost 3 out of 4 against the yankees, so they now suck and have no shot at the playoffs, cuz REAL playoff teams can play the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, krAbs said:

No, you don't understand - the Astros lost 3 out of 4 against the yankees, so they now suck and have no shot at the playoffs, cuz REAL playoff teams can play the Yankees.

dang, i feel like a moron for forgetting that.

it's the lack of mountain dew that's affecting me. thanks for catching me.