• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire HINSKE?

Chuck

8 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

In the psychological world this is called projection. Look inward buddy, you will figure it out soon...or you wont. Either way I don't care you're still a cocky prick. Have a wonderful day

joey tribbiani whatever GIF

I agree, hypocrite.  Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, SuperTroopers said:

We did a good job of keeping the ball in the yard this series.   I’m sure there were more than two, but I only remember Didi and Sanchez.   I don’t think Stanton or Judge got us with the long ball.   

It's funny, but when you get swept by the Yankees at home it seems like the sky is falling.  Amplifying it is the vast number of Yankee fans who show up in an obnoxious way at the Stadium.  The Yankees did only hit two home runs in the series, Gregorious on Friday and Sanchez yesterday.  Two bad pitches that were pivotal in two of the three games.  The Angels also only hit two home runs, Ohtani and Cozart.   Yes, we didn't hit very well overall, but the Yankees threw three pitchers that were overall hotter than ours.  They were on a hot streak, and we were cold.  In yesterday's game we actually did have 6 hits compared to 4 by the Yankees. 

The bottom line of the last two weeks is that we went 3-9 when we should have been something like 6-6.  The teams we played are a combined 71-40, and we were ice cold hitting wise.  The result isn't that surprising.  Moving on......

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

This offense is putrid except for 2 full time players in Trout and Simmons and a part time player in Ohtani the rest are straight garbage. Facking Upton has a below 300 OBP F*ck that guy for stealing the Angels money.

Upton is no different than he ever has been, he's a hot and cold guy.  I would guess that by the end of the year he will hit his average numbers.  He hasn't stolen anything.  He is not going to carry this team on his own, but he is better than this start and by far better than most of the crap that's been in LF the last several years.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

The moving Ohtani (arguably our 2nd best hitter) up a couple of spots in the line up sunk the entire offense take.  Is the most scalding hot AW take of the season so far.   Holy shit. 

It is the continuous manipulation of things that don't need to be messed with. 1 single move doesn't do much, but they manifest over time. It is piss poor management at its finest. You don't have to agree with it, you don't actually need to even think I'm sane. I know what I see and I don't need yours or anyone else's approval for my thought process. I promise my ego wont be hurt if you don't see it my way.

5 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

It is the continuous manipulation of things that don't need to be messed with. 1 single move doesn't do much, but they manifest over time. It is piss poor management at its finest. You don't have to agree with it, you don't actually need to even think I'm sane. I know what I see and I don't need yours or anyone else's approval for my thought process. I promise my ego wont be hurt if you don't see it my way.

You certainly don’t need my approval bud.  I definitely think you’re wrong though. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

While I expect the Angels offense to get better soon due to their low .276 BABIP, there will be more of these valleys and dry spells if the Angels don't fix their walk rate which people have already mentioned is one of the lowest.  Power hits don't do much damage if there isn't baserunners in front; walks help with that regard.  

I think I’ll take a wait and see approach and assume this is a slump.   It started when we started facing tougher competition after two days off.   I refuse to believe Upton is shitty when he has a track record of being streaky.   I refuse to believe Kinsler is this bad.   I get that he’s older but I don’t think he’s done just yet.  Cozart is better than this and is slowly coming around.  Kole isn’t a sub .250 hitter much less a sub .175 hitter.  Someone on here said that baseball is about average, I agree, that and track record.   

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

This offense is putrid except for 2 full time players in Trout and Simmons and a part time player in Ohtani the rest are straight garbage. Facking Upton has a below 300 OBP F*ck that guy for stealing the Angels money.

Racist.

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The moving Ohtani (arguably our 2nd best hitter) up a couple of spots in the line up sunk the entire offense take.  Is the most scalding hot AW take of the season so far.   Holy shit. 

I don't know...you don't mess with the good mojo without a risk of something happening, like this present offensive vacuum.

This is the Angels, remember? Weird things routinely occur here.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

I don't know...you don't mess with the good mojo without a risk of something happening, like this present offensive vacuum.

This is the Angels, remember? Weird things routinely occur here.

My theory is.  They went up against a bunch of mostly shitty pitchers and then suddenly faced all ace caliber types.  Also, it’s April and I think pitchers tend to have an advantage in April.  Mix in some bad SP starts, and running into 2 hot teams.  I mean it is what it is.  At least we beat Houston.  That’s far more important then the L’s against the AL East and SF. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

My theory is.  They went up against a bunch of mostly shitty pitchers and then suddenly faced all ace caliber types.  Also, it’s April and I think pitchers tend to have an advantage in April.  Mix in some bad SP starts, and running into 2 hot teams.  I mean it is what it is.  At least we beat Houston.  That’s far more important then the L’s against the AL East and SF. 

And mix in two days off in a row.  

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Apparently this does not include Angel pitchers

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Apparently this does not include Angel pitchers

With the exception of 4 or 5 games.  I think our SP have been OK. The issue has been pitch efficientcy.  With Skaggs and Heaney they’re really not far removed from the TJ surgery as you know.  They’ll get stretched out.  Less worried about the pitching for now.  I really do have my doubts about Kinsler.  I expect nothing from Pujols.  Cozart and Upton I think will bounce back and be fine.  But, the concern is there.  Maldanado can’t hit for shit....apparently.  

I think we all sort of expected the pitching would have its ups and downs.  I did not expect the bats to be this dreadful.  That all said.  It’s only been a few weeks.  All this worry could go away quickly.  Maybe playing teams like he Orioles will be the elixir that gets us going again. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

With the exception of 4 or 5 games.  I think our SP have been OK. The issue has been pitch efficientcy.  With Skaggs and Heaney they’re really not far removed from the TJ surgery as you know.  They’ll get stretched out.  Less worried about the pitching for now.  I really do have my doubts about Kinsler.  I expect nothing from Pujols.  Cozart and Upton I think will bounce back and be fine.  But, the concern is there.  Maldanado can’t hit for shit....apparently.  

I think we all sort of expected the pitching would have its ups and downs.  I did not expect the bats to be this dreadful.  That all said.  It’s only been a few weeks.  All this worry could go away quickly.  Maybe playing teams like he Orioles will be the elixir that gets us going again. 

You could argue that this is just as bad as a higher ERA from these guys.

It's incredibly frustrating that over the years we've overhauled the entire offense and gone through multiple hitting coaches and Trout (and sometimes Simmons) is still the only guy who can hit with any kind of consistency. It's the same story every year, the offense struggles to score 3 runs a game for 90% of the season and then has a couple of 2-week stretches where they tear the cover off the ball and average 10 runs a game. Not saying Scioscia is the problem but he's been the only other constant besides Trout over this time span