• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire HINSKE?

Chuck

This isn’t the hitting coach.. this is the entire offense seemingly forgetting how to hit a baseball all at the same time and especially at home. Upton, Cozart, Maldonado, Pujols, Kinsler, Valbuena, Calhoun all automatic outs right now. Pretty insane to see an entire offense go ice cold after the start they had. Oh well it’s the Angels so it’s what we have come to expect. 

15 minutes ago, TroutField said:

This isn’t the hitting coach.. this is the entire offense seemingly forgetting how to hit a baseball all at the same time and especially at home. Upton, Cozart, Maldonado, Pujols, Kinsler, Valbuena, Calhoun all automatic outs right now. Pretty insane to see an entire offense go ice cold after the start they had. Oh well it’s the Angels so it’s what we have come to expect. 

Either these guys will turn it around or the replacement of some/all of these players will, if not Trouts walks.

9 minutes ago, Stax said:

Either these guys will turn it around or the replacement of some/all of these players will, if not Trouts walks.

Fans always think players think like fans.  A guy like Mike Trout.  Anyone really that gets into the major leagues.  They don’t see this like fans.  They can’t be wired that way.  They have to believe in themselves and their team mates.  They have to believe they will make the difference.  Great players have to be confident.  You better believe that Mike Trout 100% believes he can win the World Series with this team. 

I recall listening to an interview with Hatcher during his "troubles" when the offense was struggling so much. I remember him complaining that the hitters were rarely following through on the advice he was giving them. I think that's one of the problems here. These guys are not deep thinkers and hitting coaches can make them watch hours of video and give them all sorts of pointers, then they go into the batter's box and revert back to their lazy hitting ways and the slump continues.

We're hitting .206 at home (worst in baseball) with an 84 wRC+ (5th worst).  That includes a .234 BABIP (worst in baseball).  Middle of the pack hard hit ball rate.  

LD rate at home?  Lowest in baseball.  2nd highest FB rate and 5th highest infield fly ball rate.  Lowest opposite field rate in baseball at home.  

the stadium is fairly neutral for run scoring but very high for hrs.  

I feel like we're seeing a lot of fly ball outs.  They seem hr happy to me.  

I like Upton and I think he will turn out fine, but the dude has one swing, and that's to hit homers.  He doesn't seem to try to make adjustments in-game or in-at-bat.  Kinsler just uppercuts and pops the ball up.  These two guys right there have been a reoccurring nightmare at the plate the past week.  The team did much better when Cozart was at the top, and Cozart was doing better. 

Should I remind you that when I said moving Ohtani up 1 spot would cause a ripple effect? The team was leading the league in almost every offensive category, now all of a sudden they can't put runs on the board. Baseball players need routines to stay comfortable. Captain lineup tinker shit the bed on this one. Now you're seeing the results. Don't blame the hitting coach, blame the guy who keeps turning pages and working on things.

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Don’t blame the guys hitting blame the one that moved a guy one spot, a guy that hits three days a week.  Such horse shit, use your brain before posting.  

Oh you mean the same group of guys who led the league for 3 weeks before the move? How about get Scioscias donger out of your mouth before endlessly defending him for doing a shit job as usual?

I promise you Strad, whatever you think you know statistically about the game of baseball doesn't do crap when you step between the lines.

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Another point is, sitting on the bench is not a punishment. These guys can have a chance to step back from the pressure and work on their hitting. Figure out what's wrong, and fix it. This is not rocket science. 

I agree. Calhoun is obviously pressing, but even when he's right hes nothing more than a mediocre hitter. He does bring hustle and defense, but at the end of the day he needs to produce with the bat.

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Oh you mean the same group of guys who led the league for 3 weeks before the move? How about get Scioscias donger out of your mouth before endlessly defending him for doing a shit job as usual?

I promise you Strad, whatever you think you know statistically about the game of baseball doesn't do crap when you step between the lines.

And I promise you I’ve played the game, players are not as mentally weak as you say they are.   If they were they’d never make it to the bigs.