• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire HINSKE?

Chuck

23 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

We're hitting .206 at home (worst in baseball) with an 84 wRC+ (5th worst).  That includes a .234 BABIP (worst in baseball).  Middle of the pack hard hit ball rate.  

LD rate at home?  Lowest in baseball.  2nd highest FB rate and 5th highest infield fly ball rate.  Lowest opposite field rate in baseball at home.  

the stadium is fairly neutral for run scoring but very high for hrs.  

I feel like we're seeing a lot of fly ball outs.  They seem hr happy to me.  

I don’t see it as being HR happy ... players are trying to elevate vs ground balls. 

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I agree. Calhoun is obviously pressing, but even when he's right hes nothing more than a mediocre hitter. He does bring hustle and defense, but at the end of the day he needs to produce with the bat. But all that said it’s all Scioscia’s fault, because he’s the blame for everything.  

3 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

And I promise you I’ve played the game, players are not as mentally weak as you say they are.   If they were they’d never make it to the bigs.  

Well, they just might relax more under the bland supervision of a laid-back manager. But we've already had that discussion, and you seem to be privy to more information on that than I am.

Some of these guys need a virtual whipping to wake them up, imo. Or a nice little benching until they remember how to hit.

24 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Should I remind you that when I said moving Ohtani up 1 spot would cause a ripple effect? The team was leading the league in almost every offensive category, now all of a sudden they can't put runs on the board. Baseball players need routines to stay comfortable. Captain lineup tinker shit the bed on this one. Now you're seeing the results. Don't blame the hitting coach, blame the guy who keeps turning pages and working on things.

Hold on here...are you saying that moving Ohtani, a player who at best bats 3 days in a row because he also pitches, up 1 spot has resulted in the Halo offense falling off the cliff?

Holy fucknuts batman...that's...well...just downright stupid.

9 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Nobody said its Scioscias fault they can't hit. Why does your tiny little brain misconstrue what i'm saying. Maybe that is your problem Strad, you don't have reading comprehension skills like most 4th graders.

MIKE SCIOSCIA HAS THE ABILITY (WHICH IS HIS ACTUAL JOB) TO REMOVE THE PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT HITTING. just like his use of the bullpen, you cannot make the players do anything, but you can "manage" how, when and why they are used. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Seems pretty damn simple to me.

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Well, they just might relax more under the bland supervision of a laid-back manager. But we've already had that discussion, and you seem to be privy to more information on that than I am.

Some of these guys need a virtual whipping to wake them up, imo. Or a nice little benching until they remember how to hit.

And you literally have no idea what happens behind closed doors, or what happens outside of what is printed or said on TV.  There is a reason he has been here so long and there is a reason there is virtually no shit leaked to the media, because he runs an excellent club house, and in order to do that there must be some sort of accountability.  To ignore that is just plain silly.  

31 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Nobody said its Scioscias fault they can't hit. Why does your tiny little brain misconstrue what i'm saying. Maybe that is your problem Strad, you don't have reading comprehension skills like most 4th graders.

MIKE SCIOSCIA HAS THE ABILITY (WHICH IS HIS ACTUAL JOB) TO REMOVE THE PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT HITTING. just like his use of the bullpen, you cannot make the players do anything, but you can "manage" how, when and why they are used. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Seems pretty damn simple to me.

Misconstrue what you are saying.  Well for one if I believed everything you were saying, I would not only be mentally retarded, but I would indeed have Scioscia’s dick in my mouth.  

As for it being his job, should he replace one non hitting player with a history of success for another non hitting player without a history of success?  That sounds about as smart as believing that moving Ohtani one spot, on the days he plays, which is less than half of the time, believing that that resulted in the demise of the offense.  You really aren’t that stupid, but because you hate Scioscia you believe it to be true.  

One more thing, if you continue this Scioscia dick thing, you’re gone. 

Edited by SuperTroopers

4 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

And you literally have no idea what happens behind closed doors, or what happens outside of what is printed or said on TV.  There is a reason he has been here so long and there is a reason there is virtually no shit leaked to the media, because he runs an excellent club house, and in order to do that there must be some sort of accountability.  To ignore that is just plain silly.  

Accountability? You mean, like running ValNObueno out there night after night, as one example?

Steve Finley from the archives also says hello, and Albert of the minus-WAR gives you a tip of the cap from the cleanup spot in our magnificent lineup.

9 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Misconstrue what you are saying.  Well for one if I believed everything you were saying, I would not only be mentally retarded, but I would indeed have Scioscia’s dick in my mouth.  

As for it being his job, should he replace one non hitting player with a history of success for another non hitting player without a history of success?  That sounds about as smart as believing that moving Ohtani one spot, on the days he plays, which is less than half of the time, believing that that resulted in the demise of the offense.  You really aren’t that stupid, but because you hate Scioscia you believe it to be true.  

One more thing, if you continue this Scioscia dick thing, you’re gone.  You don’t like being called out for it talk to @Chuckster70.  

So let me get this straight, you can constantly berate me and question my intelligence but 1 shot fired at you and you go crying to the guy who runs the site? There is not one ounce of me that could care less about what you have to say. Strad you're legit pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So let me get this straight, you can constantly berate me and question my intelligence but 1 shot fired at you and you go crying to the guy who runs the site? There is not one ounce of me that could care less about what you have to say. Strad you're legit pathetic.

Well, there are the new guidelines set by Chuck regarding language, so...

I don't want to see you banned. 

8 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Dude, one shot fired, half of your posts are engaging me.  Get a life.  You’re the guy that when called out says things like Scioscia’s donger in your mouth, like that is either fresh or funny.  It is neither of those things and it just makes you look like a dick.  Call me pathetic, fine, but stop lying to yourself.  

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Dude, one shot fired, half of your posts are engaging me.  Get a life.  You’re the guy that when called out says things like Scioscia’s donger in your mouth, like that is either fresh or funny.  It is neither of those things and it just makes you look like a dick.  Call me pathetic, fine, but stop lying to yourself.  

In the psychological world this is called projection. Look inward buddy, you will figure it out soon...or you wont. Either way I don't care you're still a cocky prick. Have a wonderful day

joey tribbiani whatever GIF

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

but that's not what they're doing.  A line drive isn't a fly ball.  They are trying to elevate to hit hrs.  

Results will vary depending on the hitters ability to execute. My assumption is launch angle, whether that's the case is tbd. They have all the pieces, I think they just need to put them in the right order.