• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That J-Up extension...

Glen

1 minute ago, OHTANILAND said:

I know he hasn’t been here very long but what is it with Anaheim that makes some of these players sh*t the bed when they play here. Look at Upton’s numbers for his former teams compared to what he’s doing for the Angels. It’s just an observation but geeez why is it always us!

B9C0DBCE-693F-4C07-9D5E-454EA6D15667.jpeg

Last I looked, Upton has not played 2 years with the Angels yet. Check back in September.

39 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

I know he hasn’t been here very long but what is it with Anaheim that makes some of these players sh*t the bed when they play here. Look at Upton’s numbers for his former teams compared to what he’s doing for the Angels. It’s just an observation but geeez why is it always us!

B9C0DBCE-693F-4C07-9D5E-454EA6D15667.jpeg

Considering that Upton's been in Anaheim for TWO WHOLE MONTHS,  it's way too early to draw any kind of conclusion on his overall performance.

9 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Well, I thought even Claude knew better than to base a contract's value on two months' worth of performance. Apparently, I was wrong.

Look I understand that he’s only been here two months. My point is that it always seems like we end up acquiring veterans that never take off running in an Angels uniform. Upton should be pumped playing here and performing at a high level. He’s not and he has no reported injuries. Then one month in and Cozart and Kinsler are doing the same thing. Why can’t one of these guys just show signs that they can come out firing have a career year in Anaheim. But it’s ok I guess. Just look at those OBP’s from Kinsler and Cozart. Are they really happy to be here?

FE746E7D-54FF-478E-ACBF-204CE18F535D.jpeg

76E2AB29-95BA-4E25-BAFD-967BD38E3CD5.jpeg

Soon enough, we will be forgetting all the fretting over Upton.  He will be ok.  He looks terrible right now, but I think he will be just fine.  Salmon used to go through similar stretches of just disappearing. 

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

Vlad Guerrero and Torii Hunter agree with you. 

TG you’re absolutely correct about those two guys. I really enjoyed cheering for both of them. I just don’t see the same level of fire in any of the 3 players I’ve mentioned. We are chasing the Astros and these guys need to wake up or the chase will be over way too soon. 

Just now, OHTANILAND said:

TG you’re absolutely correct about those two guys. I really enjoyed cheering for both of them. I just don’t see the same level of fire in any of the 3 players I’ve mentioned. We are chasing the Astros and these guys need to wake up or the chase will be over way too soon. 

Because they have different personalities.  

On 4/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, Kevinb said:

He’s by far my least favorite Angel this season and that’s saying a lot considering I really dislike me some smedium Al

can someone translate this for me? i ran it through the googles, but to no avail.

10 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Yes Strad but the season is on. Just what do they think they were brought here for? Sun and relaxation? 

What you’re basically saying is he doesn’t look like he’s trying because he isn’t performing.  You want to see fire.  Tell you what you won’t see fire even when he is performing it isn’t his personality.  

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

You really think Upton is going to have a sub-.700 OPS at the end of the season?

I Facking hope not. But what he’s doing the first month of the season is dog shit. And yesterday shouldn’t be some oh he turned around the corner game. He had a game winning hit great. But he went 1-5 and had 7 left on base