• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That J-Up extension...

Glen

42 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

He turns 31 this season. For a guy in year 1 of a contract that is old.

But my point is he is not old, so thinking that is has regressed or that what we are seeing is because of age is probably wrong.  It is a slump, every single player goes through them.  The ones that didn’t most of you guys hated them as well.  Howie seldom slumped and he was shit on here.  

42 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

His first month is supposed to be his best or second best right? How’d he do? History only works until it doesn’t. It’s not like he is getting younger. 

He is 30 years old.  If you want to be the one that thinks that is old as a MLB player go ahead.  I will be like the rest of the normal people and assume he is still in his prime for probably two more years.  

21 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

He is 30 years old.  If you want to be the one that thinks that is old as a MLB player go ahead.  I will be like the rest of the normal people and assume he is still in his prime for probably two more years.  

What’s getting old Is him hitting 230 w a 300 obp for a guy making 20 mil a year. 

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

Because he’s slumping.  

Let’s hope this doesn’t continue. We needed him to bring elite level production. And the fact that he’s not even remotely there. Trout might have a Bonds esq obp with Pujols and Upton hitting behind him. It’s jusy sad watching it. I hope he turns it around I just don’t know. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

So what your saying he’s below average in the failing. He’s hitting 230 not 300. His obp is 300. That’s absolute hot garbage 

That's not what I was saying at all.  I was replying to a post specifically about last night's game - a game the Angels actually won. 

The bottom line for me is that I have confidence in what J- Up will do over the course of the season.  Trout fails plenty of times in key situations... every player does.  Last night's performance is magnified because Trout was intentionally walked 3 times.  It happens.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  My point is that players fail a lot.  Nobody likes that - but it is what it is.  Now, if Upton stays his current course and doesn't hit anywhere near his career norms - I won't be happy.  But as of today... with 29 games played - I'm fine with him.

2 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

GMJ, Matt Joyce, Pulojs, Hamilton, Vernon Wells, Shea Hillenbrand, Melvin Upton, Ian Kinsler, Cozart agree too.

The Angels have only played 29 games this season.  I'm not ready to put Upton, Kinsler, Cozart in the same category as the others.  But if you want to - go ahead.  I believe Upton is going to be an upgrade in LF and Cozart an upgrade over Yunel Escobar and Kinsler over all the players that the Angels trotted out to 2B last year. 

BTW... I still can't bring myself to actually cheer for Kinsler.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

The Angels have only played 29 games this season.  I'm not ready to put Upton, Kinsler, Cozart in the same category as the others.  But if you want to - go ahead. 

Unfortunately Cozart is right around his career norms. Kinsler may just be declining based on his age but Upton is just slumping IMO. I think that has more to do with circumstance and who he has batting behind him.

12 minutes ago, True Grich said:

That's not what I was saying at all.  I was replying to a post specifically about last night's game - a game the Angels actually won. 

The bottom line for me is that I have confidence in what J- Up will do over the course of the season.  Trout fails plenty of times in key situations... every player does.  Last night's performance is magnified because Trout was intentionally walked 3 times.  It happens.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  My point is that players fail a lot.  Nobody likes that - but it is what it is.  Now, if Upton stays his current course and doesn't hit anywhere near his career norms - I won't be happy.  But as of today... with 29 games played - I'm fine with him.

Ok fair enough. At what point if Upton is still hitting like this will you press the panic button?

13 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ok fair enough. At what point if Upton is still hitting like this will you press the panic button?

I don't have a specific date in mind... I mean, I don't think he's going anywhere and we'll just have to see how it plays out.  I am not going to panic. I might get ticked off, but I'm not going to panic.  Given the long list of LF failures we've watched over the past several years - I can't imagine Upton ending up on that list.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong - but I don't have a date in mind because I just don't see it happening.

9 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Unfortunately Cozart is right around his career norms. Kinsler may just be declining based on his age but Upton is just slumping IMO. I think that has more to do with circumstance and who he has batting behind him.

If Cozart ends up at his career norms, I won't be surprised - but I still think he's an upgrade over Yunel Escobar (offensively and defensively).  As for Kinsler... I'm kind of neutral on him.  Still trying to warm up to the idea that he's on my favorite team.  I hold grudges...

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I don't have a specific date in mind... I mean, I don't think he's going anywhere and we'll just have to see how it plays out.  I am not going to panic. I might get ticked off, but I'm not going to panic.  Given the long list of LF failures we've watched over the past several years - I can't imagine Upton ended up on that list.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong - but I don't have a date in mind because I just don't see it happening.

So if he keeps this pace up say another month month and a half u won’t be worried?

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

So if he keeps this pace up say another month month and a half u won’t be worried?

Yeah, I guess I would be worried.  Then again, I'd be more frustrated than anything.

32 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Maybe they need to swap Trout and Upton in the lineup? He may not be getting the pitches to hit since he has Pujols sitting behind him. I'd take my chances with Pujols at this point in his career.

make the call, '84, make the call.

9 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

I know he hasn’t been here very long but what is it with Anaheim that makes some of these players sh*t the bed when they play here. Look at Upton’s numbers for his former teams compared to what he’s doing for the Angels. It’s just an observation but geeez why is it always us!

B9C0DBCE-693F-4C07-9D5E-454EA6D15667.jpeg

the plate isn't aligned