• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That J-Up extension...

Glen

13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

clearly not seeing the ball well.  Walk and k rates are fine.  Other peripherals as well.  BABIP way down which happens during a slump.  Not worried about his bat.  He's always been in season streaky with the numbers there by the end.    
his D is pretty bad though.  He's actually good on going back.  Coming in on balls, he's just terrible.  they should play him shallow.  

Anyway, he's gonna be fine.  

This!

12 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Kole at least can be benched and we don’t have to pay him much after this year. Upton we have for 4 plus more years. If last year is a career year and he blows this year going forward. Dude will be Pujols esq disliked. 

He’s already at a .7 WAR for the year, which means he’s on pace for a 5 win season.   So I’m guessing he will be ok.  Like a ton of other players he’s streaky. 

3 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

He’s already at a .7 WAR for the year, which means he’s on pace for a 5 win season.   So I’m guessing he will be ok.  Like a ton of other players he’s streaky. 

I don’t care about his war stop making it the end all be all. The guys hitting .235 w a .313 obp and .412 Slg if your happy with that then good for u. Have all the war u want. That’s garbage. 

9 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I don’t care about his war stop making it the end all be all. The guys hitting .235 w a .313 obp and .412 Slg if your happy with that then good for u. Have all the war u want. That’s garbage. 

Actually it's slightly above average. 103 OPS+. And he's slumping.

Just now, Kevinb said:

Kevin you call him garbage and I will predict he has a 3-5 WAR season and we will see who is right.  Now it is totally possible we will both be right.  He could have a 4 win season and since you don't value it for whatever reason, then you won't be happy.  His OPS+ is still above average but only slightly, at a 103.  By the end of the year it will be in the 120-130's, which would put him 20-30% better than average.  Once again, you may call that garbage and I can't help that.  Bottom line he doesn't pass your eye test and I can't solve that for you.  Don't forget the part where I said he is streaky, like a lot of players are.  

3 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

He’s had 20 at bats wRISP and has failed miserably. He needs to pull his head out and earn his extension. 

FC5A5569-F338-4A0C-97CC-76D5F84A374B.jpeg

2 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

Kevin you call him garbage and I will predict he has a 3-5 WAR season and we will see who is right.  Now it is totally possible we will both be right.  He could have a 4 win season and since you don't value it for whatever reason, then you won't be happy.  His OPS+ is still above average but only slightly, at a 103.  By the end of the year it will be in the 120-130's, which would put him 20-30% better than average.  Once again, you may call that garbage and I can't help that.  Bottom line he doesn't pass your eye test and I can't solve that for you.  Don't forget the part where I said he is streaky, like a lot of players are.  

So your saying 238 and a 400 slg percentage is worth the 18 plus million dollars we’re paying him? I think last year is his best year he won’t come close to those numbers this year. 

23 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

He’s by far my least favorite Angel this season and that’s saying a lot considering I really dislike me some smedium Al

Upton has been one of the most consistent performers in baseball for 5+ years. You are looking at this all wrong.

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

So your saying 238 and a 400 slg percentage is worth the 18 plus million dollars we’re paying him? I think last year is his best year he won’t come close to those numbers this year. 

His walk rate is the same as his career average and his K% rate is about 1.5% lower than his career average. The real culprit here is his BABIP which is 35 points below his career average right now. In particular he is about 55 points below his career average against LHP although he is struggling a bit against RHP too.

I am not worried one bit about Justin Upton. He'll find the gear and will start destroying pitchers soon.

18 minutes ago, ettin said:

His walk rate is the same as his career average and his K% rate is about 1.5% lower than his career average. The real culprit here is his BABIP which is 35 points below his career average right now. In particular he is about 55 points below his career average against LHP although he is struggling a bit against RHP too.

I am not worried one bit about Justin Upton. He'll find the gear and will start destroying pitchers soon.

Hope you’re right.