• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Something I Never thought I'd see

Hubs

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

Scotty: Assuming you are serious, will he play SS or 3b?

Actually, it was a very tongue in cheek comment on my part. I mean he better have a big year, otherwise he's gone. 

And I think Baldoquin will likely be playing shortstop at Inland Empire or even in AA if he impresses.

The fact that he can pick it at 2B and 3B is cool and all, but I've never had an issue with his ability at SS. Average range with a good glove, quick transfer and a good arm. He's inconsistent, but he can make some pretty good plays up the middle.

But with him, it'll always be the bat. If Baldoquin suddenly figures it out then yeah, he can probably be a league average starting 2B in the big leagues. But he really hasn't shown any sign of really putting it together offensively. He's developed, he's better than he was two years ago, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

14 hours ago, Dochalo said:

BTW, back in 2015 in his first ever spring at bat, baldoquin hit a hr and everyone went nuts. including me.  

another BTW, Baldoquin is 9/20  in spring training for his career with 2hrs and 4 doubles.  

Remember this well! maybe he's the type of player who only performs well when the lights are on him! make him our back up infielder, let him shine!!! or maybe Diphony take him and give us Paxton or Felix