• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm a sucker for old players returning.......

Erstad Grit

I know they almost never work out well. Off the top of my head I can't think of one returning Angel that did well. 

I'd like to offer KROD a Spring Invite to see if he has anything left. On MLB traderumors he stated he ready for a comeback year. Spring invite =no risk. 

HK looked great last year. He'd be a fantastic bench option to be a back-up 3b/2b/CO (Cozart back-up SS) 

If Vargas still is out there he'd be a compelling SP to me. He was amazing last year until he wore down after TJ. 

I know I'm a homer. 

Honestly I don't have any objection to any of those. Kendrick does fit the rosters bench needs well, KRod is probably getting a ST deal at most so why not, and Vargas would be pretty cheap and low-commitment at his age and would eat some innings (though I'd prefer Jaime Garcia)

just purely my opinion and nothing more.

krod is done, and there are better options available to be signed.

vargas is extremely meh, and there are better options available.

hk is a losing player. he's a hacker. i never cared much for his game in his prime and i certainly don't now that he's past it.

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

just purely my opinion and nothing more.

krod is done, and there are better options available to be signed.

vargas is extremely meh, and there are better options available.

hk is a losing player. he's a hacker. i never cared much for his game in his prime and i certainly don't now that he's past it.

Hk is a losing player is fan speak for I don’t like what he actually does so I focus on what he doesn’t do.  He was a solid 3 win player for the Angels year after year after year.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Hk is a losing player is fan speak for I don’t like what he actually does so I focus on what he doesn’t do.  He was a solid 3 win player for the Angels year after year after year.  

i won't argue that. it's why i prefaced my comment.

I've never been opposed to bringing people back under the right circumstances.  It needs to reflect where they are now, not nostalgia.  
Krod had a horrendous 2017, but prior to that was still a 3.24 ERA guy the year before.  
If the price is right it wouldnt bother me a bit to give him a shot at making the bullpen in some capacity and even going so far as giving him a chance to earn the closers role if he performs.  
As for the rest, nah, pass.  we really dont have room for or a role for HK even though i think he can still play.  

On 1/11/2018 at 10:27 PM, Erstad Grit said:

I know they almost never work out well. Off the top of my head I can't think of one returning Angel that did well. 

I'd like to offer KROD a Spring Invite to see if he has anything left. On MLB traderumors he stated he ready for a comeback year. Spring invite =no risk. 

HK looked great last year. He'd be a fantastic bench option to be a back-up 3b/2b/CO (Cozart back-up SS) 

If Vargas still is out there he'd be a compelling SP to me. He was amazing last year until he wore down after TJ. 

I know I'm a homer. 

I love Howie, but you’d need another backup for him when he does his guaranteed time on multiple trips to the DL.