• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm a sucker for old players returning.......

Erstad Grit

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

looks like Howie going back to the Nats on a 2/7 deal.  Good deal for both.  Howie seems more like an NL guy now with his versatility.  

Howie gave the Nats an unexpected bolt of energy when they acquired him last year. Was really nice to see him get some big hits. Howie is one guy I’ll always root for. 

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Nationals have reached a two-year, $7 million deal with free agent Howie Kendrick, pending a physical.

This confirms a report from Bob Nightengale of USA Today. It's a very reasonable price tag for the 34-year-old Kendrick coming off an excellent year where he batted .315/.368/.475 with nine homers and 12 steals over 91 games while playing in the infield and outfield. He should be an active utility player in his return to Washington.

54 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Hector Santiago! 

(For my purposes, he’s one of the best.)

He really had a tough time in Minnesota. He'd be interesting on a cheap deal - could replace Alvarez, could be 6th SP....

There hasn't been peep about Bud Norris yet this offseason either, and I maintain that he's worth bringing back on a cheap deal. Out of 60 games last year, he really only had 5 that were bad, and he was tremendous in the other 55.