• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

60 Minutes Ohtani Segment

Homebrewer

25 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

First time watching 60 Minutes?

Not much-almost nothing... about the Angels, and zero about their plan for him.

Yup. I wasn't impressed either. Didn't really find out anything new on the guy that I didn't already read about. Seems like it was made a while ago as well.

2 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I believe I saw this segment before the Angels signed him. Was there any reference to the Angels signing him in the segment, excluding the intro by the studio host?

There was not. It was obvious this was an older piece 

2 hours ago, nmh said:

hopefully he didn't tear a ligament or two or become dehydrated.

The 60 Minutes report was an updated narration of a previous segment. The voice-over mentioned that after all the build-up he had chosen the Angels. Then they re-hashed the interviews from the video about his rise to success with the Ham Fighters. The scouts and others who were interviewed months ago all fit their answers to the widely held assumption he'd be a Yankee. The Angels never entered into the thoughts of any of the players, executives and scouts interviewed.