• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

YES Network says Angels might get Yu Darvish

Second Base

I only ask because they’re in our division but how were Darvish’s numbers against the Astros minus the World Series?

Ive always liked Darvish and never felt good when the Angels had to go up against him

edit: he faced them twice in June.

Went 5, giving up 3 and striking out 8 (in Texas)

Then he went 7, giving up 1 and striking out 4 (in Houston)

My oh my, Darvish lost game #3 of the WS soon as he threw his 3rd pitch of the game. Lets back up to game #2. Springer hits the homer that puts Astros up for good. Springer is crushing anything low and away. Game #3 now. Darvish takes the mound and Springer at the plate. What would you do? You’d put Springer on his butt, wouldn’t you? Something deep inside. Yep, something to push Springer off the plate….so Darvish decides to “soft toss” two pitches just off the inside part of the plate. Then the 3rd pitch is a soft breaking ball that heads right to the lower outside part of the plate and Springer crushes for a double. Gates open, horses (Astros) off and running, game over!

To me, Darvish is another “Nibs” waiting to blossom. (Nibs = C.J. Wilson)

Need to stay away. He has thrown a ton of innings in his career now. he just doesn’t have it anymore. Mentally or physically

18 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

MLBTR estimates a $160 million contract.  No way the Angels pay anything close to that.

Eppler has a bachelors degree in finance. I think he understands the money side just as well as he understands the baseball side.

I’d like to think he’s smarter than to hand a guy like Darvish 160million. 

160 million is something DiPoto would give him and then turn to the owner and say “I need more”.

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Eppler has a bachelors degree in finance. I think he understands the money side just as well as he understands the baseball side.

I’d like to think he’s smarter than to hand a guy like Darvish 160million. 

160 million is something DiPoto would give him and then turn to the owner and say “I need more”.

We need to stay away from Darvish and Arrieta too. Both going to be busts.

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Jerry will try and save face and sign Darvish, 6 years $132 million.  Which is about $32 million more than we would pay him.  

Jerry saw a youtube video of Dee Gordon throwing a ball from the baseline into the front row of seats in RF and is drawing up plans to convert him to a SP...   

On 12/8/2017 at 2:49 PM, CanadianHalo said:

I only ask because they’re in our division but how were Darvish’s numbers against the Astros minus the World Series?

Ive always liked Darvish and never felt good when the Angels had to go up against him

edit: he faced them twice in June.

Went 5, giving up 3 and striking out 8 (in Texas)

Then he went 7, giving up 1 and striking out 4 (in Houston)

He usually own the Astros, outside of the World Series in which the balls were juiced. He's had a few 1-hit performance against the Astros in his career, most notable in his first start in 2013.