• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Haren speaks the truth!

Yeah, Haren was awesome. I will never forget how he pumped the team up with huge, complete game, shutout wins to get us into the playoffs, and all of those playoff wins he had.

Him and Torii, man. I really miss those " Team Leaders"

Those were the good old days.

Scioscia is awesome too. Always has the team ready to go in the spring. Firing on all cylinders.

Butcher is awesome too. Guys just fall apart when they leave Butcher. Pitchers really miss his sound advice.

If we could just have the 3rd place team we had last year, we might be better than Seattle now.

Wow.

One other thing I would add that was handled poorly by the organization - marketing.  They pushed hard this offseason in marketing the skills of the key players acquired.  They fueled the expectation level for performance to an unachievable level, probably because it would help sell tickets and merchandise.  I would have cautioned fans to temper their enthusiasm because it would take some time to integrate the new players, and make the adjustments that were necessary to win consistently.  I don't believe the Angels marketing department, and the baseball operations communicate very well.  They might not have an effective leader over both organizations that effectively integrates them.

i'm guessing you weren't a marketing major

What "backlash"??

Let him be picked up by however wants him.

How many more years of this is anyone willing to suffer??

The excuses and finger pointing have to end, and something needs to be done.

Action...not excuses.

your needle is stuck

i'm guessing you weren't a marketing major

I worked for years in product marketing. The one message that I always worked hard to get out was "Temper your expectations. It might not work for you for a little while." One thing I've found is that people hate paying for a product that works right out of the box so if you explain to them that yours doesn't you'll see a huge increase in sales. You never want to tell people you have a good product that will benefit them right away. You'll never realize any sales like that.

your needle is stuck

And his team is stuck in neutral because of poor, unemotional, play.. and lack of leadership.

If you are referring to the 4-5 years that I have been convinced that this team would never win anything more under Scioscia, then I guess my needle is stuck.

Unfortunately I am also right, and have been.

I worked for years in product marketing. The one message that I always worked hard to get out was "Temper your expectations. It might not work for you for a little while." One thing I've found is that people hate paying for a product that works right out of the box so if you explain to them that yours doesn't you'll see a huge increase in sales. You never want to tell people you have a good product that will benefit them right away. You'll never realize any sales like that.

Wut?

What product were you selling?

He sold a fine line of sarcasm detectors that actually worked straight out of the box.

I think it's safe to assume that you weren't one of his customers.

That was the problem with those sarcasm detectors. They worked right out of the box. I barely sold any of those things. That's probably why 2002_halos never bought one. I kept telling the production team to tweak them a little so they didn't detect sarcasm without the consumer first having to call in and complain but they never listened to me. Maybe if they did 2002_halos would have been enticed enough to purchase one and wouldn't have ended up making that post.

Way to be completely wrong.. Haren was actually nails in April and though his ERA was a tick higher in May, he was slightly better that month. He imploded in June.

Well, point is he blew balls last year and instead of taking some blame all he can do is point fingers at everyone else. Im not surprised he's never made a postseason with his "not me" attitude.

RallyMo, on 19 May 2013 - 3:48 PM, said:snapback.png

He sold a fine line of sarcasm detectors that actually worked straight out of the box.

I think it's safe to assume that you weren't one of his customers.

That was the problem with those sarcasm detectors. They worked right out of the box. I barely sold any of those things. That's probably why 2002_halos never bought one. I kept telling the production team to tweak them a little so they didn't detect sarcasm without the consumer first having to call in and complain but they never listened to me. Maybe if they did 2002_halos would have been enticed enough to purchase one and wouldn't have ended up making that post.    

Ha! I thought you actually worked in marketing for a certain struggling computer software company based in Blue Bell. Who knew you were just being clever...