• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Haren speaks the truth!

"If they would have kept the team together and rolled it over into this year, I guarantee that team would have played really good baseball. We got off to a little bit of a slow start [last year], but we really started jelling as a team throughout the year. We came a couple of games short."

Yeah, this sounds like a guy who isn't bitter about not being here. He hides it well, but that statement, to me, sounds like, "Well, if I was still there, this probably wouldn't be happening." While that may or may not be true, he's gloating a little. Fine. He and his 5.17 ERA can gloat. He's on a team that is winning.

He's not gloating. He's just sharing his opinion of how he felt the team played last year and that they figured out how to play together. It really was a strong team after April.

Except August. And the last week of the season.

Awesome Thread just became Awesomer Thread.

"He's gloating" :roflmao:

Yeah, I know it doesn't look like it to those who don't understand subtlety. Of course he's diplomatic about it. But he is either gloating, has sour grapes, or a little of both. I'm sure he feels entitled to be upset.

But he still has a 5.17 ERA this year, so, in retrospect, letting him walk STILL looks good.

OK, my thoughts:

1.  I think the idea of team chemistry is overemphasized, too often used as a scapegoat for other failures.  Not saying it isn't important.  You just never hear about chemistry problems when a team is winning games.  Other teams break up their chemistry without a noticeable effect the following year.  Look at the Cardinals and how they've played since Pujols' departure. 

2.  What is he implying about team chemistry?  Were the guys who brought good chemistry to the team shipped out?  Or did Dipoto and Moreno make mistakes in their offseason acquisitions?  This can be interpreted different ways. 

3.  I have no doubts Torii Hunter was a good leader.  Why is it, though, that no other player is capable of stepping up as a leader?  Why isn't Scioscia and his coaches capable of filling that void in leadership?  This is what they are paid to do, to provide leadership. 

4.  Haren places the blame on players' performance.  Why then are so many players sucking at once if Scioscia and his coaching staff are doing a good job?  Why is underachievement the norm in Anaheim over the last several years?