• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

2 hours ago, Tank said:

nothing is going to change. nada. zip. zero.

as a nation, we are as divided on the gun issue as we are on abortion or immigration. the number of deaths that result from it don't move the needle one way or the other. cons dig in and argue about rights while dems dig in and want to remove as many weapons as possible. it's no different than building the wall or outlawing abortion.

our legislators don't have the ability any longer to compromise and find reasonable solutions. they won't reach across the aisle to work with each on things that extremely important. sure, they can come together for national frozen yogurt day or recognizing the person that invented the gas pump, but on meaningful, necessary matters, they're completely impotent.

nothing is going to change, and you can carve it in stone.

Not sure what there is for them to do. "shall not be infringed"

56 minutes ago, Adam said:

Not sure what there is for them to do. "shall not be infringed"

eliminating bump stocks, smaller magazines, gun safety classes . . . 

it's such a complex issue and i find myself conflicted about it.

not sure what can be done, but i know that the current approach of doing absolutely nothing isn't working. is there a way to address this situation and decrease all of the shootings while still protecting the right to own guns? i guess that's at the heart of my comments.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

You are correct in how this will be handled. My opinion will be unpopular here but I don't think any of our constitutional rights should be compromised. Unfortunately many of them are and once they are gone we will never get them back. 

the big conflict in all of this is how to reduce the staggering amount of gun violence while still protecting the right to own guns. i don't have a solution for this. doesn't look like congress does either.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

eliminating bump stocks, smaller magazines, gun safety classes . . . 

it's such a complex issue and i find myself conflicted about it.

not sure what can be done, but i know that the current approach of doing absolutely nothing isn't working. is there a way to address this situation and decrease all of the shootings while still protecting the right to own guns? i guess that's at the heart of my comments.

Sure you can convince people that staying married and raising children properly is the way to go! 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol at "so do women who own AR-15s have small vaginas or what?"

I kinda think the analogy should be reversed. If to defame men with guns you say it is because of a small penis, so to do the same to women should be they have a vagina the size of the Lincoln tunnel, or something like that.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

i could use a go-getter like you on my team.

I'm a little busy convincing people that global warming is a hoax designed to consolidate more power for the State and global elite. Imma stay in my lane on this one

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I kinda think the analogy should be reversed. If to defame men with guns you say it is because of a small penis, so to do the same to women should be they have a vagina the size of the Lincoln tunnel, or something like that.

this doesn't concern victor's mom

at least, not yet.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I'm a little busy convincing people that global warming is a hoax designed to consolidate more power for the State and global elite. Imma stay in my lane on this one

we each have our cross to bear. vaya con dias, amigo.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

No background check for those guns? Here in Cali we have to wait 10 days and we still have gun violence and mass shootings. I'd like to see proof that background checks are going to stop mass shootings. Almost all of modern active shooters bought their guns legally and passed a background. The system used for the checks isn't reliable because local authorities do a shitty job of reporting in the first place. I'm not opposed to background checks but expanding a broken system is pointless and will do nothing. The only thing that doesn't require a background is person to person sales. It is also illegal to sell to a prohibited person (straw purchase) so that is a risk they take when they choose to do so. Those kind of sales are a very small amount of overall gun sales. What I think states should do is strictly enforce the laws they have. What is the point of having a law if nothing happens when it's violated? Mandatory sentences for prohibited persons when they get caught with a gun. How many violent people take plea deals that lower their charges to misdemeanors? Keep the felonies then they can't legally buy a gun. To blame this on the 2nd amendment, the NRA or it's members is silly. Most gun violence occurs in inner cities and that is a result of their socio-economic issues. Why don't the politicians care about that?