• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

1 hour ago, nate said:

The NRA and its members should be branded as domestic terrorists.  They consider to refuse any measure that would limit gun sales to the mentally ill and universal background checks.  Meanwhile thousands continue to die.

Exactly how many of their members are committing these acts of violence?  

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Exactly how many of their members are committing these acts of violence?  

Every single one that funds them?  How is advocating easy access to deadly weapons for everyone including the mentally ill any different than selling guns to mexican drug cartels?  It isn't, these gun companies, who fund the NRA, are willfully selling their weapons to those that wish to harm other Americans.

Terrorists

Just now, nate said:

Every single one that funds them?  How is advocating easy access to deadly weapons for everyone including the mentally ill any different than selling guns to mexican drug cartels?  It isn't, these gun companies, who fund the NRA, are willfully selling their weapons to those that wish to harm other Americans.

Terrorists

Or they just believe in the 2nd amendment and aren't willing to give up that right. 

Just now, Jason said:

So Jack Daniels knows it sells a product that is responsible for far more deaths than guns. Sometimes I buy their stuff knowing this as well. So I guess I have culpability in all the problems it causes. I like whiskey so I guess I can live with that.  

Alcohol is heavily regulated, as is driving.  Guns aren't.

If you believe your 2nd amendment cop out then why aren't you screaming for legalizing bazookas and hand grenades?

1 minute ago, nate said:

If you believe your 2nd amendment cop out then why aren't you screaming for legalizing bazookas and hand grenades?

When was the last time you bought a gun? It's not as simple as you think. For the second part (unpopular opinion), I believe citizens should be able to own weapons what those with authority over them have. That was the whole intent of the 2nd amendment. Is it realistic? No. Citizens can get military weapons but they are highly regulated by the ATF and very expensive. 

You mean walking into a gun store and handing over some cash to get a gun?  I bought two guns a couple years ago and it literally took like 20 minutes.

Republicans and the NRA are opposed to universal background checks, opposed to preventing the sale of guns to mentally deranged, etc.

At some point the first amendment is encroaching on my right to life.  Kind of like all the people that are killed by guns every year.

11 minutes ago, nate said:

You mean walking into a gun store and handing over some cash to get a gun?  I bought two guns a couple years ago and it literally took like 20 minutes.

Republicans and the NRA are opposed to universal background checks, opposed to preventing the sale of guns to mentally deranged, etc.

At some point the first amendment is encroaching on my right to life.  Kind of like all the people that are killed by guns every year.

No background check for those guns? Here in Cali we have to wait 10 days and we still have gun violence and mass shootings. I'd like to see proof that background checks are going to stop mass shootings. Almost all of modern active shooters bought their guns legally and passed a background. The system used for the checks isn't reliable because local authorities do a shitty job of reporting in the first place. I'm not opposed to background checks but expanding a broken system is pointless and will do nothing. The only thing that doesn't require a background is person to person sales. It is also illegal to sell to a prohibited person (straw purchase) so that is a risk they take when they choose to do so. Those kind of sales are a very small amount of overall gun sales. What I think states should do is strictly enforce the laws they have. What is the point of having a law if nothing happens when it's violated? Mandatory sentences for prohibited persons when they get caught with a gun. How many violent people take plea deals that lower their charges to misdemeanors? Keep the felonies then they can't legally buy a gun. To blame this on the 2nd amendment, the NRA or it's members is silly. Most gun violence occurs in inner cities and that is a result of their socio-economic issues. Why don't the politicians care about that?  

43 minutes ago, nate said:

and amazingly we are still increasing the safety requirements for new cars.

For guns we are... checks the internet... oh, right, not doing anything.  cool cool

No argument on guns.  We should get rid of them.

Along with the cars, that continue to get new safety requirements that don't work.

2 hours ago, nate said:

my wife has a tank that she enjoys using (though not nearly often enough).

Thanks, i'll show myself out . . .

1 hour ago, Jason said:

No background check for those guns? Here in Cali we have to wait 10 days and we still have gun violence and mass shootings. I'd like to see proof that background checks are going to stop mass shootings. Almost all of modern active shooters bought their guns legally and passed a background. The system used for the checks isn't reliable because local authorities do a shitty job of reporting in the first place. I'm not opposed to background checks but expanding a broken system is pointless and will do nothing. The only thing that doesn't require a background is person to person sales. It is also illegal to sell to a prohibited person (straw purchase) so that is a risk they take when they choose to do so. Those kind of sales are a very small amount of overall gun sales. What I think states should do is strictly enforce the laws they have. What is the point of having a law if nothing happens when it's violated? Mandatory sentences for prohibited persons when they get caught with a gun. How many violent people take plea deals that lower their charges to misdemeanors? Keep the felonies then they can't legally buy a gun. To blame this on the 2nd amendment, the NRA or it's members is silly. Most gun violence occurs in inner cities and that is a result of their socio-economic issues. Why don't the politicians care about that?  

nothing is going to change. nada. zip. zero.

as a nation, we are as divided on the gun issue as we are on abortion or immigration. the number of deaths that result from it don't move the needle one way or the other. cons dig in and argue about rights while dems dig in and want to remove as many weapons as possible. it's no different than building the wall or outlawing abortion.

our legislators don't have the ability any longer to compromise and find reasonable solutions. they won't reach across the aisle to work with each on things that extremely important. sure, they can come together for national frozen yogurt day or recognizing the person that invented the gas pump, but on meaningful, necessary matters, they're completely impotent.

nothing is going to change, and you can carve it in stone.

Just now, Jason said:

I heard tanks can be stubborn and are slow to get started and moving and run out of power pretty quickly

a. they warm up quicker than one would think, even as they advance in years.

b. they hit their target with precision and then pull back because their work is done. but there's a lot of prep work and research that goes into finding the target and being accurate.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

nothing is going to change. nada. zip. zero.

as a nation, we are as divided on the gun issue as we are on abortion or immigration. the number of deaths that result from it don't move the needle one way or the other. cons dig in and argue about rights while dems dig in and want to remove as many weapons as possible. it's no different than building the wall or outlawing abortion.

our legislators don't have the ability any longer to compromise and find reasonable solutions. they won't reach across the aisle to work with each on things that extremely important. sure, they can come together for national frozen yogurt day or recognizing the person that invented the gas pump, but on meaningful, necessary matters, they're completely impotent.

nothing is going to change, and you can carve it in stone.

You are correct in how this will be handled. My opinion will be unpopular here but I don't think any of our constitutional rights should be compromised. Unfortunately many of them are and once they are gone we will never get them back.