• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

32 minutes ago, floplag said:

I cannot imagine a single civilian purpose for this, none.  
Were going to have to make some choice with how the tech has evolved. 
Machine guns are not legal, things like this are clearly designed to create as many rounds as possible in a short period emulating a pseudo machine gun.
So i ask you this, would you rather give up those things, or all of it?  Thats the choice were heading for.

I’m not really interested in negotiating my rights. I prefer to do what I want.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I’m not really interested in negotiating my rights. I prefer to do what I want.

Well you can hide behind that all you want, but its coming, like it or not.  
Its already been done, machine guns arent legal nor are bazookas or other military weaponry.  Assault weapons were banned under Bill Clinton before which lapsed.
Now 99% of what were arguing about today are not assault weapons, BUT, they are also far too easily modified from legal to illegal.
If you need that kind of magazine to hunt or defend your home, what you really need is shooting classes. 
Again im a full 2A supporter, but with the way technology in weaponry has evolved, there needs to be some limits in my opinion to save us from our own stupidity.  You may never do anything asinine with yours, but there is little doubt someone else will. 

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Well you can hide behind that all you want, but its coming, like it or not.  
Its already been done, machine guns arent legal nor are bazookas or other military weaponry.  Assault weapons were banned under Bill Clinton before which lapsed.
Now 99% of what were arguing about today are not assault weapons, BUT, they are also far too easily modified from legal to illegal.
If you need that kind of magazine to hunt or defend your home, what you really need is shooting classes. 
Again im a full 2A supporter, but with the way technology in weaponry has evolved, there needs to be some limits in my opinion to save us from our own stupidity.  You may never do anything asinine with yours, but there is little doubt someone else will. 

I don’t own any guns

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don’t own any guns

I do, multiple in fact, and ive never once thought.. you know i need a tommy gun magazine.  
I agree with you in regard to the rights, but like so many other constitutional issues today, the technology has surpassed the perceived intent.
The founding father were aware of rapid fire technology, but now like we have today.
Restrictions are going to happen, we can either help control how and what, or we can leave it to the zealots.  

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don’t own any guns

I do. I like going out to the range or desert and test my skills. Started doing reloading to improve upon what I can or can't do, it makes a remarkable difference when the rounds are stable and your focus is now on repeating the action of sighting properly and the correct trigger pull. I have a bench rest that is not the best but it sure is better than my shaky standing position. All of this practice really doesn't make you that much more accurate on a hunt if you scare up a moving target but at least you kind of know where the lead is flying off target. 

But none of my rifles or pistols have any semi automatic functions other than my .22 handgun. Not your assault weapon of choice at the Walmart, a .22 with a long barrel and 10 round clip. I have zero intrest in the multitde of semi auto assualt style weapons, I've fired M-16 and M-4's in the past in semi, burst and full auto. Fun in the desert tearing up abandoned rusty hulk vehicles but that's more of kids play than anything else. Would not miss them in the least if all of their kind was eliminated from public sale.

My father passed away recently and he was an avid gun collector. The only one of his rifles I want is a .243 Remington with a target stock. I think he fired about 50 rounds through it and decided it was too wimpy for his tastes and didn't even bother with custom reloads. He has about a dozen other rifles and handguns, including a customized AR15 that my brother that lives in Arizona claimed. Montana, you just do that gun thing when you're retired because you can't go fishing every day. 

Everything I own is gun locked and the ammo stashed away without any easy access. So if someone breaks into the house I'm going to have to rely on my Grand Aunt's ceremonial sword she bequithed me to defend the homeland. I should probably shapern it.