• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Evidence was provided showing Trump's rhetoric has contributed to the death of 20 people.

Please provide evidence of Elizabeth Warren's rhetoric contributing to the death of the 9 people in Ohio.

Just remember. None of the shooters are responsible 

9 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not sure how any of this detracts from the broader point I’ve argued with a bunch of you about for years here that access to guns is a massive problem and should be severely limited. 

The 2nd amendment blows ass and gives cover to lunatics to go on their murder sprees. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

I agree

I appreciate when people are honest about their intentions as opposed to starting their sentence with “I support the 2nd amendment but....”  I suspect this is the true view of most on the left. This is also why their efforts are largely going to be unsuccessful. Most Americans still believe that our constitutional rights should be upheld 

10 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

If they’re relevant details why would I ask you for “other details” ? Pretty rich of you to imply I’m being disingenuous.  You being the guy that delights in pretending that cars are exactly the same as guns.  I just have not seen that. I read this article that was updated an hour ago in the Washington Post.  This one says that he killed his sister, was obsessed with guns and was kicked out of high school for being a creep to girls. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/08/04/nine-fatally-shot-dayton-including-suspect-day-after-mass-shooting-texas/%3foutputType=amp

They're as relevant as the fact that the TX shooter was a Trumpster white supremacist.  How much relevants anyone gives to one being a Trumpster and one being an anti-KKK liberal is completely on them.

Aren't you a little bit offended that the media is sharing the political leanings of one of the shooters, but not the other?  When media outlets put their thumbs on the scale, it benefits no one and ultimately can drive the rage that causes crazy people like this to do insane things.

Here's some more background one the OH shooter: https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/connor-betts-twitter-politics-social-media/  

I take no delight at all in pretending cars are exactly the same as guns.  They're not exactly the same.  When you look at the numbers of people that die from each, cars are worse.  The numbers prove that.

10 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not sure how any of this detracts from the broader point I’ve argued with a bunch of you about for years here that access to guns is a massive problem and should be severely limited. 

The 2nd amendment blows ass and gives cover to lunatics to go on their murder sprees. 

Agreed.  Get rid of all guns.

Just saw the video of two cops gunning him down as he was running into the bar packed with people. Lucky for them to get there so fast. He would have killed many more people otherwise.

No need for weapons like that to honor the 2nd amendment. Ban them now. But of course they won't. We'll get a few more background checks etc. and not much more.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

This seems like a reasonable kind of thing for people to be able to purchase.  You never know when a deer may walk into a field while you're hunting and you want to ensure you don't miss.

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 8.11.23 AM.png

I am 100% a 2A supporter, but this should not be legal, no way no how.  
Even with a semi auto this is far too many rounds to access so easily. 

The real issue to these discussion is that most people cant even define what an assault rifle is at this point, they base it off looks, which mean nothing.  Most of the talking heads in DC dont know the basics about it and just think everything is a machine gun, which is totally false. 
How can you have discussion about a moving target?  

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

They're as relevant as the fact that the TX shooter was a Trumpster white supremacist.  How much relevants anyone gives to one being a Trumpster and one being an anti-KKK liberal is completely on them.

Aren't you a little bit offended that the media is sharing the political leanings of one of the shooters, but not the other?  When media outlets put their thumbs on the scale, it benefits no one and ultimately can drive the rage that causes crazy people like this to do insane things.

Here's some more background one the OH shooter: https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/connor-betts-twitter-politics-social-media/  

I take no delight at all in pretending cars are exactly the same as guns.  They're not exactly the same.  When you look at the numbers of people that die from each, cars are worse.  The numbers prove that.

This is so dumb.  So the guys was a lefty. ok.  Was his leftist politics what motivated him to go on his rampage ? Maybe. I have no idea.  It’s unclear.  Is it possible, sure.  The guy that shot that congressman at the softball game a few years ago was a lefty and obviously that was politically motivated. So it does happen.

The guy in Texas literally has crazed right wing manifesto explaining why he’s out to kill brown people.  His motivations were plainly political.  

If it turns out that the guy was put to shoot people up because he was radicalized Liz Warren then that would be weird but definitely an important part of the story that should be reported on.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

That ammo clip (I suppose magazine is a more correct term) is appropriate only for a military assault. The argument that it might be needed to protect us against a hypothetical tyrannical government is silly, as said government would have the firepower to blow up entire neighborhoods of resisters if they so desired.

The 2nd Amendment references a "well regulated militia". These were arguably needed back in 1790. I'm not aware of any active militias here in Long Beach, regulated or otherwise.

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

That ammo clip (I suppose magazine is a more correct term) is appropriate only for a military assault. The argument that it might be needed to protect us against a hypothetical tyrannical government is silly, as said government would have the firepower to blow up entire neighborhoods of resisters if they so desired.

The 2nd Amendment references a "well regulated militia". These were arguably needed back in 1790. I'm not aware of any active militias here in Long Beach, regulated or otherwise.

The first thing it talks about is the well regulated militia.  It’s the principle point. 

17 minutes ago, Adam said:

Why shouldn’t it be legal?

I cannot imagine a single civilian purpose for this, none.  
Were going to have to make some choice with how the tech has evolved. 
Machine guns are not legal, things like this are clearly designed to create as many rounds as possible in a short period emulating a pseudo machine gun.
So i ask you this, would you rather give up those things, or all of it?  Thats the choice were heading for.

26 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

It's the first of two points. A militia and the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

Do you think the Founding Fathers knew what kind of weapons would exist in the 21st century when they wrote the Constitution?

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

Speaking of stupid arguments.....

Adam and others have made this argument before. Essentially, that nothing should be illegal to own. The government doesn't get to decide what I can or cannot have in my possession.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Adam and others have made this argument before. Essentially, that nothing should be illegal to own. The government doesn't get to decide what I can or cannot have in my possession.

Comparing a 100 round magazine to a nuke destroys your credibility without even attempting to answer the question honestly