• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Random question: does anyone know someone who owns an AR-15 or similar weapon, and is a normal, well-adjusted individual?

My Father owned a customized AR-15, not some crappy Turner's junk model. He reloaded his own shells and was very serious about gun safety his entire life. His lifetime accomplishments are noteworthy. 

My brother also owns an AR-15 and can be an idiot at times. He has never done harm to anyone. 

You're problem, Taylor, and it's not it's not just you, is that you are unable to separate the gun from the owners. You see it as evil so all of the owners have to have some psychotic problem to want to own them. 

I own a 1969 Triumph Spitfire that is actually dangerous to drive compared to today's modern cars. It doesn't make the car evil or me some nutcase because I like it. You can run over more people with a Hummer than Spitfire but both can be used to kill pedestrians.

Guns are no different. You can own a black powder musket or a modern AR-15 and it has nothing to do with some nefarious intent. It's just an interest for most people. It's the .00001% that are a problem. Think of everything in your life that could be regulated away because of that extreme small percentage of assholes. 

Now start talking logically about gun control. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

My brother inherited the AR-15, I will be getting a .243 Remington with a target stock. We have different likes.

My daughter is doing marksmanship through ROTC. The ARs are not the best for that type of shooting. I've tossed the idea of getting a precision rifle. I like them all :) 

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Random question: does anyone know someone who owns an AR-15 or similar weapon, and is a normal, well-adjusted individual?

I was going to say I don't, then I remembered that I did.  Canadian dude.  Very rich! 

On 9/4/2019 at 12:01 PM, Jason said:

I wonder if the UK views Cutco Knife Co like the libs here view ARs

Why? Also, why not include all guns?

On 9/4/2019 at 12:15 PM, Jason said:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/topic-pages/expanded-homicide

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/09/how-many-assault-weapons-in-the-us/

Since the entire focus is on "assault rifles" we'll go with 10,000,000 of them being owned in the US. The FBI reported 403 murders were committed with rifles and there was 15,129 total murders. I guess we will say all 403 were done with ARs or AKs. That's .02 percent of total homicides committed in the US. 51.9% of victims were black and 54.2% of murderers were black. This tells me that our gun violence issues are an inner city problem. We should start our focus there if we want to lower these numbers. 

You're doing a decent job of making the case that guns in general are a large part of the problem.

3 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Why? Also, why not include all guns?

You're doing a decent job of making the case that guns in general are a large part of the problem.

Not at all. More of a socioeconomic issue than anything else. More people murdered with fists than rifles. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Not at all. More of a socioeconomic issue than anything else. More people murdered with fists than rifles. 

I dunno, I think it's both socioeconomic issues and a culture in which guns are almost everywhere. Availability of guns has a shit ton to do with it. That's undoubtable. Trying to narrow it down to rifles is kinda silly. Like I said, your post seems to be a great jumping off point for a discussion about all kinds of guns.