• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Road rage

I am driving down Tustin Ave about 8:00 this morning. I am in the slow lane. A guy in a 4runner speeds by me, then kind of cuts me off in order to make a right hand turn into an apartment complex. As he was turning into the driveway, I honk my horn at him for his dicourtesy. I then keep driving down Tustin Ave.

I look in my rear view mirror a few seconds later, and he is quickly driving back out of the driveway he had just entered. I know right away he is coming after me. He quickly catches up to me. I drive through the neighborhood and he us on my ass. I pull into the taco bell parking lot on Tustin/Palm, knowing I have an escape route through the drive through. He then drives around and enters the lot to meet me head on and, presumably, block me in. But I was able to go through a small driveway and escape, and he didn't resume the chase. All of this was over me barely honking at him for cutting me off.

Here is my dilemma: I drove back and found his car. He lives at the apartment complex he had been pulling into when I honked at him. I called back Orange PD (I had called them during the initial chase), but they politely told me they won't do a goddamn thing about it. 

Now, I am pretty good at keep my cool and probably will just drop this. But I am also debating throwing a brick through his window or slashing a tire or two.

Curious as to whether any of you would take such action, rather than merely let it die out. I suspect if a cop had witnessed what happened, the guy would have been arrrsted. This wasn't a minor incident of an angry driver, this was a guy who came unhinged and probably isn't stable.

Well, the problem is no actual crime occured, realistically. The only real crime is him cutting you off, but we cant issue traffic tickets for something we dont witness.

For the second part, him coming back after you, again, theres no real crime completed for him chasing you down. No assault, at best "challenging". 

I know its frustrating, i hate dickhead drivers. But really the only way the cops could have done anything is of the guy stayed, and even then, not a whole lot they can do except "keep the peace".

Guy sounds like an idiot, dont let him ruin your day.

19 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Well, the problem is no actual crime occured, realistically. The only real crime is him cutting you off, but we cant issue traffic tickets for something we dont witness.

For the second part, him coming back after you, again, theres no real crime completed for him chasing you down. No assault, at best "challenging". 

I know its frustrating, i hate dickhead drivers. But really the only way the cops could have done anything is of the guy stayed, and even then, not a whole lot they can do except "keep the peace".

Guy sounds like an idiot, dont let him ruin your day.

Not sure I totally agree (though I recognize you know far more about this topic me). Driving around the parking lot in order to confront me head on and impede my ability to get out, probably constitutes some sort of criminal false imprisonment. 

Before I had a kid I would have probably vandalized his car. Now whenever stuff like that happens I think about him and let it go. Life is too short.

The dude lives in a crappy apartment complex off Tustin Ave. Fuck 'em. You're a lawyer. You made it in life and he didn't. Eventually he'll follow the wrong guy to Taco Bell and wish he never backed out of his driveway. 

Wife: Ooh, I really like this dress. 

Phil: Honey, that's pretty expensive. 

Wife: It's a hell of a lot cheaper than bailing your ass out of jail. 

Yeah, that's really not going to work out well for you. 

Edited by Blarg

You should have parked and gone into the Taco Bell.  If he follows you in and does anything, then you know there are tapes of it.  If he does something to your car, you have his address and description, and that is something the cops can do.  Then you go in lawyer mode, and make his life a living hell.

But that's why dashcams are so awesome.  You can see how there are so many aholes out there and share with the whole world what these idiots do.

You guys are right. I am pretty level headed and very risk averse. Probably wouldn't have the balls or lack of judgment to do anything to escalate the situation. But can't say I haven't entertained the idea of slashing a tire or two. 

Of course if any of you are so inclined, the vehicle in question is a silver Toyota 4Runner, late 90s, silver, parked in front of the Winfield Apartments on the west side of Tustin Ave. (Between Palm and Walnut). It is currently backed into a space with a windshield shade cover (or at least it was a few hours ago).